Don Banks Power Rankings of All Playoff Teams - Patriots ranked at #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
2009 NFL Playoff Power Rankings - Don Banks - SI.com

Very interesting lineup of his NFL teams who he thinks are top in power ranking ...The Colts 4th and the Saints both out of the top 2 are very interesting.

I do agree that NE deserves to be ranked at around 6 with the loss of Welker who might have got them inside of the top 5,NE is mid pack or you might say dead center of all 12 playoff participants in terms of talent IMO.

Last edited:
Great bulletin board material...:D

I strongly agree with these rankings. :) The chargers and cowboys are the strongest teams.

I strongly agree with these rankings. :) The chargers and cowboys are the strongest teams.

Not sure about the cowboys...

The one that boggles my mind is that he rates the Bengals last and below the Ravens who lost to Cincy not once but twice this season :confused:.

I put NOTHING into the effort the Bengals showed last monday night,Obviously they were not interested in winning that game and were pretty much resting up any 'energy' to play the same team this week...I expect the Bengals to lay the hammer down on the Jets this time around...the same goes for the Cardinals who were not out there to play hard at all last sunday.

Last edited:
howd i know dallas would be 2. theyre gonna lose saturday night

If the rankings go by the probability of advancing, then sure, 6 is about right. Taking it strictly by how good a team is, I have the Patriots ranked 9th, behind all six NFC teams, and the Chargers and Colts. Below the Patriots I have the Jets, Ravens, and lastly, Bengals. Of course I expect the Patriots to advance and move up my "rankings" while the NFC beats each other up.

Sorry, but the Packers are not above the Colts, they lost to the Stealers and we all know they sucked. I don't even like the Colts and I think that's stupid.

The Cowboys do look strong, but Wade Phillips is not leading any team anywhere.

The one that boggles my mind is that he rates the Bengals last and below the Ravens who lost to Cincy not once but twice this season :confused:.

I don't think anyone believes the Bengals can do serious damage in the playoffs. Baltimore has proven over the years that they are tough to knock out. When is the last time that the Bengals won a playoff game? I would rank the Ravens over Cincy from the playoff teams 10 times out of 10.

Yeah, regardless of what happened head-to-head, the Ravens look like they're a better team at this stage of the season than the Bengals. I think the Bengals are frauds, quite frankly. Chad Johnson is the only guy you can really consider a big play threat on that offense and he's not the same receiver he was during his Pro Bowl years.

Excellent analysis of the field, I think. I'd put the Pats 7 behind Philadelphia and steeply discount last week in Dallas. The Cowboys have the most to prove this weekend. Tony Romo needs to step up and play error free. You gotta love SI putting the curseroo on San Diego and Norv.

he has the Pats too high. The Vikings are a better team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back