PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Don Banks from SI: His sources say Belichick will select Darius Butler

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to the Patriots Hall of Fame yesterday - the place was utterly amazing. I HIGHLY recommend visiting. Anyway - there is a draft room exhibit and the draft board included all of this years eligible players. I rather doubt they were placed in the order that the Pats have them rated - but the board looked in sync nonetheless. Anyway, each player had their vital stats under their names. Height, weight, speed and wonderlick score. Darius Butler's wonderlick score is 17. 17 happens to be one of the lowest scores I saw on the entire draft board. Maybe wonderlick scores don't mean anythng. Maybe wonderlick scores do not indicate a players football smarts. Still, 17? I can't help but think he's stupid. Sorry.

Last edited:
I went to the Patriots Hall of Fame yesterday - the place was utterly amazing. I HIGHLY recommend visiting. Anyway - there is a draft room exhibit and the draft board included all of this years eligible players. I rather doubt they were placed in the order that the Pats have them rated - but the board looked in sync nonetheless. Anyway, each player had their vital stats under their names. Height, weight, speed and wonderlick score. Darius Butler's wonderlick score is 17. 17 happens to be one of the lowest scores I saw on the entire draft board. Maybe wonderlick scores don't mean anythng. Maybe wonderlick scores do not indicate a players football smarts. Still, 17? I can't help but think he's stupid. Sorry.

Sorry, but Wonderlic scores mean absolutely nothing (although I would want my QB to have a decent score). Would you rather have Kevin Curtis, who scored like a 48, or Randy Moss? Would you rather have Ben Watson, who scored a 41, or Antonio Gates? Have you seen the questions? What do you think is a better indicator of success - hours of game film that shows the player consistently in the right spot and making plays, or correct answers to questions like: two trains leave the station at the same time traveling 65 miles an hour.....?

Sorry, but Wonderlic scores mean absolutely nothing (although I would want my QB to have a decent score). Would you rather have Kevin Curtis, who scored like a 48, or Randy Moss? Would you rather have Ben Watson, who scored a 41, or Antonio Gates? Have you seen the questions? What do you think is a better indicator of success - hours of game film that shows the player consistently in the right spot and making plays, or correct answers to questions like: two trains leave the station at the same time traveling 65 miles an hour.....?

I agree. But 17? 22, okay. 17?

I agree. But 17? 22, okay. 17?

Good point. You never know when Aliens are going to land on the football field during a game and demand that the wide receiver show a proof of quantum theory.

And strangely, Holley is generally given the credit for this when he reported the exact same thing as Banks a day later. It was Banks' scoop.

Butler is a classic Pats-style CB: a healthy Wheatley, a more athletic Samuel. It's certainly plausible.

Now that patchick has said it, I believe it.

Good point. You never know when Aliens are going to land on the football field during a game and demand that the wide receiver show a proof of quantum theory.

For some reason I don't think quantum theory is one of the questions. I could personnally care less about the scores though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots