PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Don Banks' 2.0 Mock

Status
Not open for further replies.
sarcasm buddy...i watched every game you guys did last year.

If that is true, then you don't understand the game worth a damn and don't really follow the Pats. Otherwise, you'd understand how dumb your comments are.

OH, and I still don't believe you actually watched the games. Probably spent your entire time gabbing with people and not really paying attention.

or Pierre Thomas, he might be cheaper to get than Williams. Or trade for Ryan Grant.

Why would the Packers trade Ryan Grant????

If that is true, then you don't understand the game worth a damn and don't really follow the Pats. Otherwise, you'd understand how dumb your comments are.

OH, and I still don't believe you actually watched the games. Probably spent your entire time gabbing with people and not really paying attention.

yeah, i joined a pats fans MESSEGE BOARD but i dont follow the pats. i just love wasting my time talking to yentas like you all day long..

i could honestly care less what you believe....and ive never GABBED in my life seeing as how im not a 85 year old woman. you must know the team soo much better because you posted 17,000 messages about it. look, you got alot of free time apparently, but I still wouldnt want to take you away from your awesome life of living alone in your parents basement, so ill just respectfully disagree with you on this one.

Last edited:
Everybody, this thread gets locked with the next post that just calls another poster names rather than contributing information or insights. Very tiresome.

Last edited:
Everybody, this thread gets locked with the next post that just calls another poster names rather than contributing information or insights. Very tiresome.

B more effective if u "suspended" the persons account for a day instead of making the rest of the group suffer. To many times I see this when a good discussion is going on.

B more effective if u "suspended" the persons account for a day instead of making the rest of the group suffer. To many times I see this when a good discussion is going on.

As draft day approaches, we'll be doing that more. (We probably do it more than you realize already -- nobody notices what's not there for a day!)

Agreed. A lot of fans get enamored with WR's and RB's and disregard the fact that with out a line to block they arent' worth much. I ve seen WR's and RB's shut down because of a poor O-line, but i dont' think i have to tell you that.

Leshoure ran behind the weakest OL in the big 10.... An RB and 2 OL in the first 3 rounds would help

your absolutely right. not trying to divert blame but i think if you see most of bruins posts they are mostly very argumentative and insulting, not just the ones associated with this particular thread. However it is my fault for falling into this meaningless back and forth with him. I know I'm new to this board but I like it here and I just wanna tallk Pats. This will be the last time I respond in to those types of posts in that way...Or respond to bruins posts at all.

Leshoure ran behind the weakest OL in the big 10.... An RB and 2 OL in the first 3 rounds would help

I have to agree that the Illinois O line was not a strong unit last season, but just how much did Leshoure help his offense in terms of pass catching and blitz pickup? The tape I saw says very little. Granted most college RB's aren't asked to pick up the blitz a lot, but with Illinois I saw none with Leshoure.

At least with Alabama film I saw Ingram cutting blitzers a lot.

College is A LOT different than the pros. How many RB's have dominated in college and bombed in the pro's quite a few.

College is A LOT different than the pros. How many RB's have dominated in college and bombed in the pro's quite a few.

RB's in college that run behind a dominant O Line or who have a QB on their team that can pass, but have no special vision or feet tend to star in college but bomb in the pros.

Running against six int he box in college is a lot different than running against seven or eight in the box in the pros.

RB's in college that run behind a dominant O Line or who have a QB on their team that can pass, but have no special vision or feet tend to star in college but bomb in the pros.

Running against six int he box in college is a lot different than running against seven or eight in the box in the pros.
For quite a while this was a 'chicken or egg' thing for me. Does an O-line make a RB or can a RB produce with a poor O-line. Ive come to the conclusion that unless the RB is great the O-line has to be good. I don't see Ingram in that class.If he Was that good the pats wouldn't have a shot at taking him at 17 or 28. I know there have been other great RB. E Smith for example that have gone lower in the draft, but i don't think its worth the risk taking him at 17, maybe even 28. A good O-line man can do two things not only run block but protect the passer, so theres better value, thats the way i look at it.

For quite a while this was a 'chicken or egg' thing for me. Does an O-line make a RB or can a RB produce with a poor O-line. Ive come to the conclusion that unless the RB is great the O-line has to be good. I don't see Ingram in that class.If he Was that good the pats wouldn't have a shot at taking him at 17 or 28. I know there have been other great RB. E Smith for example that have gone lower in the draft, but i don't think its worth the risk taking him at 17, maybe even 28. A good O-line man can do two things not only run block but protect the passer, so theres better value, thats the way i look at it.

havent heard too much about him till today (ran a sub 4.4 forty) but anybody have any intel on Mario Fannin from Auburn? Hes big (220s), fast and is a good reciever out of the backfield. could be an interesting late pick for us.

yeah, i joined a pats fans MESSEGE BOARD but i dont follow the pats. i just love wasting my time talking to yentas like you all day long..

i could honestly care less what you believe....and ive never GABBED in my life seeing as how im not a 85 year old woman. you must know the team soo much better because you posted 17,000 messages about it. look, you got alot of free time apparently, but I still wouldnt want to take you away from your awesome life of living alone in your parents basement, so ill just respectfully disagree with you on this one.

Typical of someone who can't bring anything to the table when they have to resort to talking about a message count as if it's a negative thing. It doesn't matter if that message count covers 7 years or not. And I love the stupidity of claiming that I live in my parent's basement. Typical troll accusation.

You don't seem to understand that you are the problem. You're comments are the ones what got you the responses you did. If you don't want to get the comments you have, maybe you should put more thought into your posts. So that it shows that you actually watched the games.

or Pierre Thomas, he might be cheaper to get than Williams. Or trade for Ryan Grant.

Grant's not going anywhere. Green Bay had no running game after he went down. None. Except the one big game James Starks (under 3 ypc for the year while opponents were concentrating on stopping the pass.) had rushing behind not one, but two, fullbacks. I doubt Green Bay wants to devote that many resources to the running game.

GB proved they didn't need Grant to win the Super Bowl (or their other 20-something injured players), but they're a vastly better team with him than without.

havent heard too much about him till today (ran a sub 4.4 forty) but anybody have any intel on Mario Fannin from Auburn? Hes big (220s), fast and is a good reciever out of the backfield. could be an interesting late pick for us.

I was very high on Fannin coming into the season. http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/13/347958-rb-2011-a.html#post1851883 Then he started fumbling, lost his starting job, and wasn't heard from much again. I'd definitely look his way in the later rounds though.

Last edited:
thanks. I some clips on Fannin and was intrigued. I wouldnt be that surprised though if Grant was available. Starks only played in 3 regular season games and did a pretty good job in the postseason giving them some kind of running game. he was almost at 4.0 ypc on the whole year. and i read a couple days ago that Green Bay sees him as a poor mans AP. Again, not saying its gonna happen, or its even a possibility, but it may...

thanks. I some clips on Fannin and was intrigued. I wouldnt be that surprised though if Grant was available. Starks only played in 3 regular season games and did a pretty good job in the postseason giving them some kind of running game. he was almost at 4.0 ypc on the whole year. and i read a couple days ago that Green Bay sees him as a poor mans AP. Again, not saying its gonna happen, or its even a possibility, but it may...

IDK. I also read that Starks looks like the tandem/relief guy for Grant that Brandon Jackson was supposed to be**. OTOH, Grant is going into his contract year and is scheduled to get around $5.5M (with bonuses).

Meanwhile, Jackson is FA, but they have Dimitri Nance, FWIW. Kuhn is also FA (the Pack also has Quinn Johnson at FB).

What kills me is that Grant was originally UDFA with the Giants who GB traded a 6th rounder for. Starks was a 6th rounder for GB. Nance was UDFA. Kuhn was UDFA to the Steelers in 2005 and cut at the end of 2006 (immediately signed by the Packers). Quinn Johnson was a 5th rounder for GB.

Brandon Jackson was a 2nd rounder for GB.
----------
**Actually, I guess this originally went the other way around. Jackson was drafted in '07 and Grant, IIRC, was picked up by GB in 2008. And then Grant turned out way better than Jackson.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back