PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's still the sense that going for high floor type guys with your picks might be a better choice than "he's got first round talent he's just injured/special Teamer in college (Bill's favorite)/could use some coaching/didn't even play football until 2 years ago/is more of a safety"

Hmm, interesting. If you look back over the Pats' recent draft history, do you think that the "high floor" type picks (maybe not an elite athlete, but experienced, productive and low-risk) have been more successful than the "he's an amazing athlete but unproductive/raw/injured/character question mark" types?

Among picks in the top 2 rounds, I'd break it down like this (note that not every player is one or the other):

HIGH FLOOR
Jermaine Cunningham
Brandon Spikes
Pat Chung
Ron Brace

HIGH CEILING
Chandler Jones
Nate Solder
Ras-I Dowling
Rob Gronkowski
Darius Butler
Sebastian Vollmer

I believe the pats will make Aquib Talib the next reclamation project. He was flying right under BB's friend Schiano, but his suspension for that ADD (diagnosed) drug I think is the last straw for the bucs ownership. I hope this one is better than Haynesworth and Johnson and more like Anderson, Carter and Waters

I believe the pats will make Aquib Talib the next reclamation project. He was flying right under BB's friend Schiano, but his suspension for that ADD (diagnosed) drug I think is the last straw for the bucs ownership. I hope this one is better than Haynesworth and Johnson and more like Anderson, Carter and Waters

Great talent. It's all about the head with this guy.

Low round pick.

3/4 of nfl players once they get their money are never are what they once were as there is no incentive once they get the big bucks. He is 1 of them.

When did the Philadelphia Eagles throw in the towel?
Myself and 6 other guys (5 of which are hard core Eagles fans) made our yearly guys weekend to catch the Eagles/Falcons game. It was very very ugly. The weather had something to with with it but at kickoff, there very multiple empty seats. Ryan threw for 3 TD's in the first half and by the start of the 4th quarter, the stadium was half empty. It got very bad; chants of "fire andy' and not so subtle booing.
Philly is a hard core sports city so both right after the game and the next morning, WIP was 'lit up' with callers and commentary both regarding Reid and vick.
Cromartie didn't play badly in the game. He had Roddy White who was prety quiet. Asomugha had Julio Jones and he was torched for I think a 60-70 yard bomb
BTW. Almost didn't get out of Philly Monday morning. Amtrak stopped running Sunday night and the airport had shut down. Fortunately, we had reserved a Hertz rental just in case. We left at 8 and was about 5 miles from where Sandy eventually touched down.

DRC is a good to very good corner. He struggled last year because he got bumped to a Star CB position (lining up against the Slot WR). He's excellent on the outside.

Hmm, interesting. If you look back over the Pats' recent draft history, do you think that the "high floor" type picks (maybe not an elite athlete, but experienced, productive and low-risk) have been more successful than the "he's an amazing athlete but unproductive/raw/injured/character question mark" types?

Among picks in the top 2 rounds, I'd break it down like this (note that not every player is one or the other):

HIGH FLOOR
Jermaine Cunningham
Brandon Spikes
Pat Chung
Ron Brace

HIGH CEILING
Chandler Jones
Nate Solder
Ras-I Dowling
Rob Gronkowski
Darius Butler
Sebastian Vollmer

Well, I meant in regarding to cornerbacks.

We've taken an enormous amount of high ceiling guys that never panned out.

Nice call, now can you tell me what stocks to buy........

Read this thread earlier today, patman52 became my go to guy on all things Pats

Take a bow.......... :)

3/4 of nfl players once they get their money are never are what they once were as there is no incentive once they get the big bucks. He is 1 of them.

Completely true in a nonsensical sort of way. I like how you backed up your strong statement with no facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes