PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie Has One Kidney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady'sButtBoy

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
The other non-functioning one was removed when he was 8, certainly a legit cause for concern.

Of course, he ran a 4.29 forty and has drawn raves like this -
"He's a phenomenal athlete who worked out ridiculously well at the combine," a team scouting executive said. "He had the best ball skills of anyone there. He's not the most physical guy in the world, but that will come. His potential is off the charts."

So his missing internal organ probably won't hurt him much ( ah, no pun intended).

http://www.latimes.com/sports/printedition/la-spw-nfl30mar30,1,7542681.story

Last edited:
I don't know what the incidence of kidney injuries in the NFL is, but it's worth noting that kidney failure normally doesn't set in until you're down to about 20% of one kidney.

In my book, he's probably not risking his life to do it, but there is always that small chance of a Horrible Ending, which in this case is probably just a bit bigger.

Now THIS is news!

Maybe losing that added kidney weight is what makes him so fast! Maybe all players ought to lose a kidney/lung/piece of liver!

Maybe losing that added kidney weight is what makes him so fast! Maybe all players ought to lose a kidney/lung/piece of liver!

You can be an NFL player just fine on one kidney. One lung, not so much. :)

And you can't lose "a piece of liver"--that's the basis of the myth of Prometheus.

The drummer from Def Leppard only has one arm.

Well that is a weird fact... but will it affect football performance?

You can be an NFL player just fine on one kidney. One lung, not so much. :)

And you can't lose "a piece of liver"--that's the basis of the myth of Prometheus.

Relevant part of myth : Prometheus, meanwhile, is chained to a rock where his regenerating liver is eaten daily by a vulture.

And au contraire, ctpatsfan77! The liver can make a big come back late in the fourth! --- The liver is among the few internal human organs capable of natural regeneration of lost tissue; as little as 25% of remaining liver can regenerate into a whole liver again.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liver

Can any of those on the DRC bandwagon explain to me why they're so high on him? I'd like to hear from people who saw him actually play in college and weren't introduced to him via the Senior Bowl or Combine.

Can any of those on the DRC bandwagon explain to me why they're so high on him? I'd like to hear from people who saw him actually play in college and weren't introduced to him via the Senior Bowl or Combine.

ohh, so that doesnt include all the people who want him drafted b/c of his amazing ability to have a last name of cromartie? (which is quite a cool last name btw)

Relevant part of myth : Prometheus, meanwhile, is chained to a rock where his regenerating liver is eaten daily by a vulture.

And au contraire, ctpatsfan77! The liver can make a big come back late in the fourth! --- The liver is among the few internal human organs capable of natural regeneration of lost tissue; as little as 25% of remaining liver can regenerate into a whole liver again.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liver

That was my point . . . you can't "lose" a piece of liver, because it will just grow back. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes