PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dominique Foxworth, CB, RFA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamanai

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with Dominique Foxworth (Denver)? He is a restricted Free Agent, plays CB and Safety, albeit he is a bit undersized. Would he be worth our late 3rd rounder?

Just thinking outside the box here. The preseumption is that the Pats may make an offer to Seward, but perhaps there will be a surprise offer to someone else...?

Re: Dominique Foxworth, CB, RFA ?

Anyone familiar with Dominique Foxworth (Denver)? He is a restricted Free Agent, plays CB and Safety, albeit he is a bit undersized. Would he be worth our late 3rd rounder?

Just thinking outside the box here. The preseumption is that the Pats may make an offer to Seward, but perhaps there will be a surprise offer to someone else...?

I remember he was blazing fast at the combine, and was interested back during his draft year. This is a pretty deep draft for CB's, we might be able to get someone better in the 3rd round. Seward is a different story, he's well worth a 5th rounder.

Re: Dominique Foxworth, CB, RFA ?

There's a report on PFT that the reason no mid tendered RFA's, etc. have switched teams is that there may be a deal in place among the teams to not go after each others RFA's (or something like that).

I for one think he's a good player and I'd be surprised if the Pats haven't scoped him. He was Denver's nickel in 2005 and 2006, and he played safety in 2007 due to injuries back there. He's like Artrell Hawkins, only 7 years younger.

Mind you, he wasn't a real standout in any of those roles, but he seems to be the steady, intelligent and tough secondary player the Pats covet and many other teams undervalue.

Just thinking outside the box here. The presumption is that the Pats may make an offer to Seward, but perhaps there will be a surprise offer to someone else...?

I liked him coming out of the draft and hoped the Pats would nab him then. I couldn't find my post to that effect but I said the same thing a year ago...

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=54613&highlight=foxworth

I am hoping that the Pats sign him just to tweak Shanny and the Broncos...

Last edited:
No thank you, The third round is a pretty high pick heck oakland got a talent yet at a expensive salary cap but only for a second.
No way I give a third rounder to denver for a career nickelback.
When their is a chance you can get a special player in the third round or use it to trade up in the first or second for a guy you have targeted on your board.

I for one think he's a good player and I'd be surprised if the Pats haven't scoped him. He was Denver's nickel in 2005 and 2006, and he played safety in 2007 due to injuries back there. He's like Artrell Hawkins, only 7 years younger.

Mind you, he wasn't a real standout in any of those roles, but he seems to be the steady, intelligent and tough secondary player the Pats covet and many other teams undervalue.

I'd certainly give him a shot if he was a UFA, but you can't trade a 3rd round pick for Artrell Hawkins.

I'd certainly give him a shot if he was a UFA, but you can't trade a 3rd round pick for Artrell Hawkins.

My bad, I misread the posting, thinking he was a UFA. As the previous poster noted, I like him but not enough for a 3rd rounder..............Maybe next year as a UFA.

He's a Randall Gay, slight build, competent, started in Denver, opposite Champ Bailey, got picked on a lot. I liked him in college at Maryland. Don't know if he would be a starter.

He's a Randall Gay, slight build, competent, started in Denver, opposite Champ Bailey, got picked on a lot. I liked him in college at Maryland. Don't know if he would be a starter.

He's actually never started opposite Champ. Darrent Williams (same draft class as Foxworth) started opposite Champ until he was murdered. Then we went and traded for Dre Bly instead of letting Foxworth get his shot - which really pissed me off. He's played standout as our nickel back and did adequate as a safety but he was definitely too small for that role. Bottom line is I think this guy is a player but just has not got his chance w/ the Broncos. I could actually see him excelling w/ the Patriots as he's the same type of high character, high effort player that has done well here in the past. Hopefully he stays with the Broncos but if not then I wish him well...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye