Welcome to PatsFans.com

Domanick Davis anyone?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by patsfan55, Mar 14, 2006.

1. patsfan55

patsfan55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Houston won't be shopping him, but if offered a decent package: third and fourth rd picks maybe, they would def trade him

i mentioned this a while ago, then someone else mentioned it in here somewhat recently (maybe two months ago)

i would love this move
    it would give us a young back that is proven and could come in and produce right away and down the road
  2. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

There are plenty of other MORE important areas than a RB....not a priority..there is the draft and FA to get a good backup to Dillon..My guess is one will be drafted.
  3. patsfan55

patsfan55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

if we could get dom davis for a third round pick, you cant tell me you can get a better guy in the draft

joseph addai who is supposed to be an early second round pick has been projected to be AT BEST the next domanick davis
    so even if he panned out that would take a second rder
    i dont think it would take a second rder to get dom in a trade
  4. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

My concern isn't with his play...he's a solid back..wouldn't mind having him..BUT the problem is with the money..1.7 Mil this year 3.4 Mil next year and in two, 4.18 Mil. That's tying up a lot of money in one position. I think the money can be spent in other areas where there are more glaring needs.
  5. Digger44

Digger44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I don't think there is a legitimate need for his style of play. He is a good receiver and a quick runner but we need a power runner like Dillon fits our scheme. We have Faulk to do his kinda stuff. Agreed that he is a good player, but I just do not see the fit.