PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dom Capers to Green Bay as DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
As seen at PFT - no link pasting as I'm on a mobile device.

Last edited:
this sucks either way

this sucks either way

Jesus H; Pees better take it to another level now. There aren't enough hours in the day for BB to do what he needs to this offseason.

Last edited:
Here's to a successful hip surgery for Romeo, followed by a speedy recovery, followed by an agreement to come back and be DC for the NEP!!!

Here's to a successful hip surgery for Romeo, followed by a speedy recovery, followed by an agreement to come back and be DC for the NEP!!!

The Patriots have their defensive coordinator.

So you guys will miss Capers because he did such a Great Job.:rolleyes: How people forget about that 3and 15 blown assignment by the Pats Defense aginst the Jets. Capers should have made sure people were in their right positions. I would love for BB to get RAC back.

Last edited:
So you guys will miss Capers because he did such a Great Job.:rolleyes: How people forget about that 3and 15 blown assignment by the Pats Defense aginst the Jets. Capers should have made sure people were in their right positions. I would love for BB to get RAC back.

Capers is a proven commodity. Don't judge him based on one play or even one season with an extraordinary season of injuries and lack of talent/experience in the secondary.

If you watch that 3rd and 15 again, you'll see a certain head coach, waving, and yelling for the corners to back up. I'm not sure why, but I just figure BB knows more than me. So I think before we blame everything on Capers, we should probably find out more facts about the situation.......which we all know wont happen, being that BB doesnt tell us anything :D

Why are you shocked? Capers was only here long enough to

land a co-ordinator's job.

Capers is a proven commodity. Don't judge him based on one play or even one season with an extraordinary season of injuries and lack of talent/experience in the secondary.

Zactamundo. Dom, we hardly knew ye:(

If you watch that 3rd and 15 again, you'll see a certain head coach, waving, and yelling for the corners to back up. I'm not sure why, but I just figure BB knows more than me. So I think before we blame everything on Capers, we should probably find out more facts about the situation.......which we all know wont happen, being that BB doesnt tell us anything :D

Not sure what that had to do with the play siunce the corners covered it properly. It was the LB/S coverge responsibility in the middle that broke down.

Not sure what that had to do with the play siunce the corners covered it properly. It was the LB/S coverge responsibility in the middle that broke down.

But maybe if the corners were playing a little deeper, the safties wouldn't have read that they needed to cover over the top on the outsides, thus letting them stay home in the middle.

But as has been said, we'll really never know how the play was drawn up.

Capers has been reported to be gone for over a week now, even before he was closing in on these jobs. I don't get why so many of you are surprised and/or frustrated.

It doesnt really. I was merely pointing out to a poster, that you cant blame Capers for that 3rd and 15 against the jets....read more before responding :D

Was Capers out there on the field for that play?

Perhaps it was his play design for the secondary to momentarily "drop their d!cks" on that one?

I thought we all knew he was a one year thing. Never the less even with him we had like our worst secondary since 2005.

I thought we all knew he was a one year thing. Never the less even with him we had like our worst secondary since 2005.
But a young, transitioning secondary. I thank Dom for laying what I believe will prove to be a solid foundation for the NE secondary.

Jesus H; Pees better take it to another level now. There aren't enough hours in the day for BB to do what he needs to this offseason.

I posted elsewhere that Dean Pees started 9 of 11 newcomers on Defense. He was further handicapped since the Offense was highly constrained for the first half dozen games. The Pats played a first time starter at QB just feeling this way around during that time, until he learned and became a feared asset instead of a problem.

And still Pees produced the Top Tenth rated Defense in the NFL. That merits an "Unsung" award, if I ever saw one. What will he do with that same crew, and a couple of more high draft pick newcomers, now that they actually know the names of the guys that they play with all year?;):D:)

Dom Capers did a fine job with a disparate group of mostly newcomers in the defensive backfield. Good Luck and Thanks.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down