PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins want Gaffney but reports are he wants back in NE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear Gaffney is coming back very soon ... by next week the latest ... stay tuned :popcorn:

Edelman might be more hurt that we thought. Or they might cut Branch?

Pretty legit ... he's in town ... but I'm not going to start a thread though ...
been there done that. Fans here get mad if you say something without a link.

I don't troll ... give me a break on that comment.

I was just having a little fun, because you didn't offer any reasoning behind your post, and I truly didn't know if you were being serious or just playing around a bit. There's nothing wrong with stirring the pot a bit once in a while, even if you were trolling, anyway.

Last edited:
Edelman might be more hurt that we thought. Or they might cut Branch?

I don't recall Branch having a catch yesterday.

I suppose he is struggling getting seperation

Now that Fells is contributing and Hernandez is well on the recovry track, Hoo hoo looks to be expendable.

C'man back Jabar!

I don't recall Branch having a catch yesterday.

I suppose he is struggling getting seperation

I think they fit the same role in the offense. They can do the same things, although I think Gaffney's upside is better.

Would hate to lose Julian for significant amount of time though.

Pretty legit ... he's in town ... but I'm not going to start a thread though ...
been there done that. Fans here get mad if you say something without a link.

I don't troll ... give me a break on that comment.

I don't think that comment was meant to come off so accusatory, just checking the validity of your post.

That's hopeful news though. Obviously the offense is fine right now and will be even better with AHern later, but you can NEVER have enough depth at any position and this gives more security to an already deep set with Branch there. We've played alot of big games the last couple years with Gronk or Ahern out or dinged up it seems and it's hurt us alot.

As long as the team signs a WR not named Stallworth,I would be happy to see aboard.

I was just having a little fun, because you didn't offer any reasoning behind your post, and I truly didn't know if you were being serious or just playing around a bit. There's nothing wrong with stirring the pot a bit once in a while, even if you were trolling, anyway.

I heard it from a decent source ... but we'll see ... not good enough for it's own thread IMO.

I don't think that comment was meant to come off so accusatory, just checking the validity of your post.

That's hopeful news though. Obviously the offense is fine right now and will be even better with AHern later, but you can NEVER have enough depth at any position and this gives more security to an already deep set with Branch there. We've played alot of big games the last couple years with Gronk or Ahern out or dinged up it seems and it's hurt us alot.

I'm a fan here who loves old school smash mouth football

... so you know I was elated yesterday. :D:D:D

I heard it from a decent source ... but we'll see ... not good enough for it's own thread IMO.

Hey, if you read my posts on Gaffney, I'm all for it. I wanted Gaffney as the team's WR3 from the start.

I'll take this news with a grain of salt. After he was cut a month ago, someone posted here that he was shopping with Patriots' staff at Patriot Place and saying he was going to come back after week one.

The rumor could be true, but I will not believe it until it is announced.

Gaffney is an interesting possibility that we all know would likely be coming when we cut him when he was hurt.

I for one thought Branch had a slightly better camp but neither looked spectacular and both looked legit to still be able to make the team. At least that was my laymans opinion of the WR battle during tc and preseason.

But now that the season has rolled on if you want him someone's got to go.
The obvious would be either he comes in and Branch goes or Edelman goes to IR but you could try to carry them all and cut elsewhere. Thats takes us back to preseason debate of how many WRs and TEs are too many. After seeing the first 2 weeks of Branch I could maybe see going with Gaffney instead but like I said I thougth Branch was better in preseason and camp and I dont think 2 weeks would be enough to change my mind.

I know that Hoomanawanui was taken back to the locker room at some point yesterday. Not sure if he returned. My guess is he either goes on IR or is granted release.

He was only essential with Fells sidelined by his shin injury. With Fells back, BB might be willing to run their base 2 TE offense without a backup until Hernandez is back, if it means having a better 3 WR package, which the Pats lined up in for half the snaps yesterday, in the meantime. Meanwhile, even with three active TE's yesterday, the Pats only used a 3TE set 3 times.

When Hernandez is healthy, Fells goes back to his backup/3rd TE role, with the only remaining question being who goes when Shiancoe comes off the in-season IR?

I know that Hoomanawanui was taken back to the locker room at some point yesterday. Not sure if he returned. My guess is he either goes on IR or is granted release.

He was only essential with Fells sidelined by his shin injury. With Fells back, BB might be willing to run their base 2 TE offense without a backup until Hernandez is back, if it means having a better 3 WR package, which the Pats lined up in for half the snaps yesterday, in the meantime. Meanwhile, even with three active TE's yesterday, the Pats only used a 3TE set 3 times.

When Hernandez is healthy, Fells goes back to his backup/3rd TE role, with the only remaining question being who goes when Shiancoe comes off the in-season IR?

I don't think anyone should go when Shiancoe is available unless they absolutely suck

What is Shancoe going to provide the team with in late RS when he is practically a stranger to this offense?

This guy is probably for next year,unless another TE goes down,this may end up to be a dumb ass IR use

I don't think anyone should go when Shiancoe is available unless they absolutely suck

What is Shancoe going to provide the team with in late RS when he is practically a stranger to this offense?

This guy is probably for next year,unless another TE goes down,this may end up to be a dumb ass IR use

It's not like the coaching staff weren't aware of Shiancoe's lack of experience in the offense when they put him on in-season IR. Clearly they feel he can contribute, and seeing as how they're basing this off of a lot more information than I have -- which is nil -- I'm going to defer to their judgement.

In terms of what he adds to the offense, he's a better backup for Aaron Hernandez than Fells, who's more of a blocking TE, and a 3TE set with Gronk, Shiancoe and Hernandez frees up McDaniels to get more creative in how they take advantage of Hernandez's versatility.

I think Edelman has shown why hes the clear cut WR3...in 2 weeks branch has 1 catch on 2 targets for 11 yards...Edelman has 87yards and a TD. he's looked faster this year

clearly Branch isnt getting separation....Hopefully this doesnt mean that Edelman is more hurt than it seems

but I wouldnt mind Gaffney as an outside guy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes