PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins want Gaffney but reports are he wants back in NE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gaffney says he wants to return to Pats

I'm not sure why he was cut in the first place. So yeah. Needless to say, I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

FWIW, Branch's locker hasn't been taken down yet.

Errmmm, this is old news, recent news has him in for a try out with Miami on this Monday. Your source was from the weekend.

But encouraging and not surprising that NE is his 1st option. He signed here for a reason and is experienced enough (notice I didn't say old enough) to know that the Pats can't hold a spot open for him while he's injured. I have felt all along that he will be back.

Spot on. It's not as if JG has no knowledge of how BB works. He knows BB is a guy who works the edges hard. And I'm sure he knows the roster spot is likely there for him if/when he becomes healthy. The Patriots appear too thin at WR to not have JG (or maybe DB) in the mix (IMHO).

To those who mention the loss of a guaranteed contract (for not being on the week 1 roster)? BB could easily guarantee the contract starting week. If BB and company feel JG is that needed, who knows, maybe he will?

Last edited:
I read that Jabar worked out for the Dolphins late last week despite the reports he wants to come back to NE.

Question is what kind of workout could he be showing Miami?...wouldn't he be limited in any type of football practice with a bad leg?

I'm not sure why he was cut in the first place. So yeah. Needless to say, I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

I would speculate/guess that Belichick took a risk with assuming that one of Branch or Gaffney would return after week one. We'll have to see if that happens or not.

I much rather would have had Gaffney, but his injury and being out from 7/15 on didn't help his cause.

We'll have to see how desperate MIA is to see if he signs there.

I would speculate/guess that Belichick took a risk with assuming that one of Branch or Gaffney would return after week one. We'll have to see if that happens or not.

I much rather would have had Gaffney, but his injury and being out from 7/15 on didn't help his cause.

We'll have to see how desperate MIA is to see if he signs there.

I agree that, likely, BB rolled the dice to gain a temporary roster spot. But I wonder how big the gamble is? First, BB and JG have history. Second, isn't this JG's 10th or 11th season in the league? So assuming winning is of prime importance to JG at this point in his career and assuming the two have them have had the right discussions, I'd bet this trip to Miami is simply an act of solidifying fall back options.
But as you said, I guess we'll see.

Anyone got an idea when his injury could heal.

I'm kinda worried about the position. Can't figure why he was canned at all.

Jabar and Bill do have a history, only it's basically one of being undervalued. He left here 3 years ago over basically $1.5M in guaranteed money. They weren't offering him the moon in Denver, it was a 4 year $10M deal with $2.5M guaranteed. You would think wounded ego was soothed when Bill persued him this season and offered a 2 year deal. But then we saw how long that persuit lasted. He didn't have a tremendous camp, if he had he'd have been carried for a couple of weeks of rehab like Shiancoe (who didn't show much in camp either but plays a position BB is fixated on this offseason). He's testing the waters because he knows once cut there is no guarantee Bill is coming back for him despite any winks or nods. Salas was a reminder of that and brought in to compete for that roster spot with Gaffney and Branch waiting on the outside looking in. And Branch is the one who will remain available because he's prepared to retire as a Patriot be it following this year or last. Gaffney wants and probably financially still needs to play somewhere, this being his first choice but certainly not the only position he will consider. Same deal with Stallworth. And the snake oil salesman will find them a spot eventually, just surprised Miami is even interested after Drew Ochoed them, aside from they remain desperate for something with a pulse for Tannehill (or Garrard or Moore) to target.

I hear Gaffney is coming back very soon ... by next week the latest ... stay tuned :popcorn:

I hear Gaffney is coming back very soon ... by next week the latest ... stay tuned :popcorn:

hear from whom?

gotta ask...

Unless Edelman has a totally busted up hand or something, I don't see it

Legitimate rumor, or simply trolling to stir the pot?

you-decide-2012.jpg

Legitimate rumor, or simply trolling to stir the pot?

you-decide-2012.jpg

Pretty legit ... he's in town ... but I'm not going to start a thread though ...
been there done that. Fans here get mad if you say something without a link.

I don't troll ... give me a break on that comment.

Last edited:
Nice, bringing Jab back will strengthen the 3WR set.

Pretty legit ... he's in town ... but I'm not going to start a thread though ...
been there done that. Fans here get mad if you say something without a link.

I don't troll ... give me a break on that comment.

Well, if true that is great news. The depth that we had in training camp may be realized after all.

With Edelman out and Gronk dinged, I expected a lot more from Branch yesterday. Now that I think about it, I don't even think he got a single target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back