PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins throwing the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holy Diver

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I watched that pathetic Monday night game last night....

Just terrible football...

Checked out SI.com's "Extra Mustard" today and the site is claiming that the Dolphins are clearly emplying the "Suck for Luck" mentality.

Claire Coffee; Did Dolphins even try to win against Jets?: Hot Clicks - SI.com - Extra Mustard

Points to two plays, one is the one where Brandon Marshall ran out of bounds instead of scoring a TD, the other is lack of running by linebackers on Santonio Holmes' TD.

NFL Videos: Moore finds Marshall for big gain

NFL Videos: Holmes finds the end zone

True or untrue....The Jets were actually trying, and that might be the best part of this entire thing.

You think the Dolphins are laying down like dogs for Mr Luck ?

Whoa, check out the boys in Indianapolis, yikes !!, it couldn't be more obvious.

Monumental collapse to the mighty KC Chiefs and Matt Cassel in Indy in the 2nd half (cough, cough).

Dallas Clark mystery fumble last week (hasn't fumbled since the dawn of football), cough, cough.

The other blown Colt leads in the 2nd half of all their games so far cannot be hidden, they have a decent defense, man it's so obvious how they're purposely tanking games, makes ya sick really. But it is what it is, King Polian has made it perfectly clear to everyone in Indy "Suck For Luck" Or Else !

The "Suck for Luck" race is coming down to two teams.

I mean King Polian, atleast make it look good, the Colts have had one of the easiest schedules through these first 6 games, you ain't foolin me brother, nope, not me.

Last edited:
But we had a camera man in a non-designated area during a game.

They looked so awful. Sanchez had 4 consecutive 3 and outs. The offense was pathetic. Defense was horrible. Where the heck was Wake? He looked like he was busy getting owned by Wayne Hunter...a bad RT.

For a bunch of mammals....this sure smells 'fishy'

(sorry....couldn't resist)

They looked so awful. Sanchez had 4 consecutive 3 and outs. The offense was pathetic. Defense was horrible. Where the heck was Wake? He looked like he was busy getting owned by Wayne Hunter...a bad RT.

There are two players that are critical to the Jets success. Without one, they are 7-9; without both, they are 4-12.

Nick Mangold
Darelle Revis

That is all.

There are two players that are critical to the Jets success. Without one, they are 7-9; without both, they are 4-12.

Nick Mangold
Darelle Revis

That is all.

Yep. W.O Revis, the Jets blitzing scheme could get burned all the time.
W.O Mangold, well...we saw how that went.

There were some head scratchers including:

1.) Third and centimeters around the 50 and the Dolphins throw 30 yards down the field. Punts the ball on fourth down.
2.) Over a minute left in the half with two times outs and just run out the clock.

The thing is only one team can suck enough to get Luck. If multiple teams do it, there are going to be one of more teams that has this strategy backfire.

Also, Luck still has another year of elibility after this year. There is a chance that he goes back to Stanford next year.

Do you really think players would perform poorly and risk their own standing. Coaches?....sure... if the coaches felt secure enough.
As far as running out of bounds. Ted Ginn runs out of bounds every time he touches the balll....but he plays for a winning team. Is he trying to throw the game?

Last edited:
Do you really think players would perform poorly and risk their own standing. Coaches?....sure... if the coaches felt secure enough.
As far as running out of bounds. Ted Ginn runs out of bounds every time he touches the balll....but he plays for a winning team. Is he trying to throw the game?

The Ginn Family is a small wimpy marginal guy protecting himself after the gain
We hear incessantly how physical the great athletic Brandon Marshall is

Last edited:

I've never seen a WR step out after having 15 yards on a DB and 8 yds on the sideline to work with. We have the lack of tackling on the INT and on the Holmes TD...

Once is a fluke, twice is a trend, three times….

something is up...

I don't think it is possible for them to THROW the game.....Matt Moore can't throw anything!!!!

I watched that pathetic Monday night game last night....

Just terrible football...

Checked out SI.com's "Extra Mustard" today and the site is claiming that the Dolphins are clearly emplying the "Suck for Luck" mentality.

Claire Coffee; Did Dolphins even try to win against Jets?: Hot Clicks - SI.com - Extra Mustard

Points to two plays, one is the one where Brandon Marshall ran out of bounds instead of scoring a TD, the other is lack of running by linebackers on Santonio Holmes' TD.

NFL Videos: Moore finds Marshall for big gain

NFL Videos: Holmes finds the end zone

True or untrue....The Jets were actually trying, and that might be the best part of this entire thing.

Last edited:
It looked to me like the jets had a bye week.

I think the Fins have so many problems that even if Andrew Luck sails down from above on a white chariot being drawn by fire-breathing unicorns, they would still be a disaster of a franchise.

I think the Fins have so many problems that even if Andrew Luck sails down from above on a white chariot being drawn by fire-breathing unicorns, they would still be a disaster of a franchise.

with patrial owners like J-lo, and Jimmy Buffet...they should be back on top in no time. Remember how fast those two turned around the Bills in the 90s?

With a new team and a top Psychiatrist,Brandon Marshall would be Randy Mossish (in Randy's prime)

Last edited:
I couldn't understand why on 2 different Miami drives why the Dolphins didn't go for it on fourth down. You were 0-4 with nothing to lose.

On their first drive on the Jets 41 it's 3rd and half a yard for a first and they elect to pass and then punt.

Later in the 2nd half trailing 14-6 they again elect to punt from the Jets 36 yard line.

Sanchez had 4 consecutive 3 and outs. looked

wow again, thought he had 4 in a row against us last week, he keeps this up his new nick i'll be Mark "3 n out" Sanchez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes