PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins sign Dansby for 5 years, $43M ($22 GTD) [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if McClain falls to #22, you guys think he is an auto pick? We need DE/OLB help, and Guyton//Mayo could be a great young duo.

How good is this kid, the next Ray Lewis?
No i actually don't think BB will take him if he fell to 22. He drafted a LB in the third rnd last year (i can't remember his name off hand) so if BB does take a LB it will be an OLB/DE.

No i actually don't think BB will take him if he fell to 22. He drafted a LB in the third rnd last year (i can't remember his name off hand) so if BB does take a LB it will be an OLB/DE.

Tyrone Mckenzie. I'm looking forward to see him compete.

Tyrone Mckenzie. I'm looking forward to see him compete.
Thank you, I think if McClain fell to 22 BB would get a lot of offers and trade the pick.

Re: Dolphins sign Dansby for 5 years

I don't. KC doesn't need a ILB. They need O-line and D-line help. And an OLB.

Demorrio Williams? Corey Mays? Monty Beisel? Jovan Belcher?

And they don't an ILB? They need help all over the place, I didn't say they didn't, but if a proto-type 3-4 ILB is on the board, and he's high on their board, they have a very good chance of taking him.

Cleveland also needs O-line and D-line help. They need ILB help, but the D-line is more important.

The Browns aren't taking a Guard in the early teens, or a RT. And who do they take on the D-line? They don't need a NT whilst they have Rogers, and there's no 3-4 DE worth taking that high.

Last edited:
Yes. He is that good. He's also a fantastic fit.
Can you tell me why every one thinks the Draft is the end all be all to our 14 holes we have on this team? Explain it to me please.

The Draft will supplement a good team and fill holes in a bad team.

BB got schooled today by Ozzie. That was a steal for Boldin on a player we could have used. As I said in another thread, these today re-signings did nothing but add back some guys that left the field after the Ravens blew us out at home.

BB and the F.O. "did NOT do their job". F on today for the Pats FO. Not because you didn't sign anyone but because all of the we "were in it" up to a point as in a PR stunt almost. I think the real botched deal was Boldin that sent me nuts. Who was responsible for that gaff?
DW Toys

wow almost 9mil/year for a LB. Im glad our FO has to intelligence to realize that that money is better spent on our NT(seems like roughly similar contracts)

is this an unreasonable contract?

i thought this type of contract would be well deserved for a LB of dansby's capability

Well the Dolphins gave Dansby the same amount of guaranteed money that the Jets gave to Bartetta Scott last year. I think Scott makes 8 mill per year?? Dansby is making about 8.6 mill per year. Dansby is much better.

Also-can't forget the Mike Nolan factor. They trimmed off some crap from the Defense[Gibril Wilson, Porter] and upgraded with Nolan[who should help the entire defense] and now one of the top inside linebackers, who may improve under Nolan. We see what happens when the Redskins throw money at players but have s**tty coaches.

Plus, Dansby wanted 30 million guaranteed and said he was going to visit all the teams he wanted. Well, he left Miami with 22 million guaranteed and didn't visit anyone else. I'm sure the Redskins would have given him all the money he wanted, so something tells me he wanted to play in Miami from the start.

Well the Dolphins gave Dansby the same amount of guaranteed money that the Jets gave to Bartetta Scott last year. I think Scott makes 8 mill per year?? Dansby is making about 8.6 mill per year. Dansby is much better.

Also-can't forget the Mike Nolan factor. They trimmed off some crap from the Defense[Gibril Wilson, Porter] and upgraded with Nolan[who should help the entire defense] and now one of the top inside linebackers, who may improve under Nolan. We see what happens when the Redskins throw money at players but have s**tty coaches.

Plus, Dansby wanted 30 million guaranteed and said he was going to visit all the teams he wanted. Well, he left Miami with 22 million guaranteed and didn't visit anyone else. I'm sure the Redskins would have given him all the money he wanted, so something tells me he wanted to play in Miami from the start.

That's been the word down here throughout the offseason. Though, to be honest, they were saying that about Boldin as well.

True, but the Dolphins didn't go after Boldin. And once they got Dansby they backed off Rolle.

True, but the Dolphins didn't go after Boldin. And once they got Dansby they backed off Rolle.

Yeah. That probably means that you guys are looking at safety in the first three rounds in the draft. Personally, I would like to see you keep Gabril Wilson but I know that all good things must come to an end.

So they're not paid for the calibre of player they are (i.e, what they're worth), but they are paid what they're worth (i.e their calibre)?

:rofl:

"May or May not be worth" as in compared to other players (like Ray Lewis or Pat Willis) If a player isnt on the market at the same time as another player you really cant compare their prices or "worth". If Pat Willis and Dansby were both UFA this year you, Willis would probably go for more because there are options. With Dansby being the only high caliber ILB on the Market this year and teams needing an ILB (Giants, Dolphins, Patriots) his price will go up and up. Welcome to the world of the NFL, its a simple concept of Supply and Demand, the economic model of price determination in a market. It concludes that in a competitive market, price will function to equalize the quantity demanded by consumers, and the quantity supplied by producers, resulting in an economic equilibrium of price and quantity.

economic model of price determination in a market. It concludes that in a competitive market, price will function to equalize the quantity demanded by consumers, and the quantity supplied by producers, resulting in an economic equilibrium of price and quantity.[/I]

Good job copy/pasting from wikipedia, you look very intelligent.

I said to myself, that's got to be stupid, yet I could not resist clicking.

It was wonderful, thank you. If only the Japanese had snowplow technology.

You owe it to yourself to watch the whole episode, it's hilarious:

South Park Episode Player - Whale Whores

(that site's 100% legal, btw- run by the creators of south park)

Kampman is still out there and someone the Pats may now be eyeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back