PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I wrote a quick article on the Dolphins and what to expect from them in the upcomming season, if you one of you guys would like to draft one up on the Pats, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to get one from here, billszone, and gang green and then put it all into one piece. Thanks guys.

Miami Dolphins: The Dolphins are going to be a very interesting team in the 2006 season. Nick Saban took a sub par team, and lead them on a 6 game winning streak to finish the season 9-7. They are a team that could end up at home in the Super Bowl, or not even in the playoffs at all. The catalyst that brings the question? Daunte Culpepper. If the Dolphins get 2004 Daunte (who threw for 39 TDs compared to just 11 INTs), they should return to dominance. Many people will argue that Culpepper was a product of the system that is Randy Moss. But keep in mind that in Culpepper's best year, Moss was absent from from 3 games, and saw limited time in 3 others. That season, Moss had 49 catches for 13 TDs. Reports out of Miami are that Culpepper looks very good and could be a go for training camp. The bottom line is that Miami has found their franchise QB.

The other weak spot of the Dolphins team in 2005, was their secondary. Subtract Sam Madison, Reggie Howard and Tebucky Jones. Enter rookie Jason Allen, Will Allen, a healthy Will Poole, Deke Cooper and Renaldo Hill. The starters will be determined at camp and it will be a good healthy competition in late July. Will Allen brings a physical specimen who will come up and stop the run but can also drop into coverage. I like Will Poole to start at the other corner spot. He had a fairly good rookie season in 2004, most noteablly when he matched up against Cincinnati's Chad Jackson and kept Johnson out of the end zone and held him in check. 2nd year corner back Travis Daniels returns after a solid rookie campaigne. Saban drafted Daniels out of his old stomping grounds at LSU and inserted him into many of his difficult to undersand packages and coverages. I like Daniels to play the nickle because it better suits him. The five safties are Allen, Hill, Cooper, Tavares Tillman and Yerimah Bell. I like Allen and the free safety spot to counter Renaldo Hill at the SS spot. The good thing this year, is the depth Saban has added to the defensive secondary. It should be a much improved unit from last year.

The other part of the defense hasn't seen many changes. Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor will anchor the front 7 once again. Everyone is a year smarter in Saban's defense however and I expect to see people being in the right spot more often. Channing Crowder could be a superstar in this league and will greatly benefit from Thomas and Taylor. The defensive line returns Kevin Carter, Vonnie Holliday and Keith Traylor. The big question mark is the strong side linebacker spot. Saban brought in Sedrick Hodge and Keith Newman. Donnie Spragan also has a chance to win the spot and at this point, it's anyone's spot.

Ricky Williams may be lost for the season, but that leaves Ronnie Brown chomping at the bit. Brown had 907 yards last year but averaged 4.6 YPC. The big question surrounding him is, can he carry the load? I think he can. He showed some flashes of greatness in his rookie season and I like him to carry the ball about 300 times. If he can remain healthy, and carry the load, I like the Dolphins to be a great team. Sammy Morris has looked very good in OTAs and I expect him to be a good spell to Brown.

The offensive line they are running behind doesn't have many changes. This biggest change, however, is the most important spot. New acquistion
looks to take over the left tackle spot. It's very important that he can protect Culpepper's blind side to save that healing knee. Other additions are Matt Pearson and Bennie Anderson. It's not yet determined what the starting lineup will be although there is a good idea for it. Rex Hadnot has moved to center and will likely push Seth McKinney out of a starting job. The line was much improved last year under Hudson Houck and expect them to get even better this year.

Finally that leaves the recievers. Chris Chambers will solidify himself as a top 5 NFL reciever this year. He made his first pro bowl last year and I think he excels now that he finally has a quality QB throwing him the ball. Marty Booker was hurt in OTAs but he will be fine for training camp. He is a nice compliment to Chambers and I really like that tandem. The number 3 spot is for grabs between 3rd round pick Derek Hagan, the speedy Wes Welker and big play Kelly Campbell who was signed over from Minnesota. I like Hagan to win the spot and Campbell and Welker will compete for the return jobs. Saban added some much need depth to this posistion and it now looks like a solid corps.

I love what Saban and the Dolphins did this season. They found a franchise QB, added depth to the Oline and reciever spots, rebuilt the entire secondarym and restored a winning attitude in Miami. It should be a great season and the Dolphins look to be great once again.
:D :D lol lol lol i like the part where aqua says the dolphins found a franchise qb lol lol

Last edited:
Hey guys, I wrote a quick article on the Dolphins and what to expect from them in the upcomming season, if you one of you guys would like to draft one up on the Pats, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to get one from here, billszone, and gang green and then put it all into one piece. Thanks guys.

Miami Dolphins: The Dolphins are going to be a very interesting team in the 2006 season. Nick Saban took a sub par team, and lead them on a 6 game winning streak to finish the season 9-7. They are a team that could end up at home in the Super Bowl, or not even in the playoffs at all. The catalyst that brings the question? Daunte Culpepper. If the Dolphins get 2004 Daunte (who threw for 39 TDs compared to just 11 INTs), they should return to dominance. Many people will argue that Culpepper was a product of the system that is Randy Moss. But keep in mind that in Culpepper's best year, Moss was absent from from 3 games, and saw limited time in 3 others. That season, Moss had 49 catches for 13 TDs. Reports out of Miami are that Culpepper looks very good and could be a go for training camp. The bottom line is that Miami has found their franchise QB.

The other weak spot of the Dolphins team in 2005, was their secondary. Subtract Sam Madison, Reggie Howard and Tebucky Jones. Enter rookie Jason Allen, Will Allen, a healthy Will Poole, Deke Cooper and Renaldo Hill. The starters will be determined at camp and it will be a good healthy competition in late July. Will Allen brings a physical specimen who will come up and stop the run but can also drop into coverage. I like Will Poole to start at the other corner spot. He had a fairly good rookie season in 2004, most noteablly when he matched up against Cincinnati's Chad Jackson and kept Johnson out of the end zone and held him in check. 2nd year corner back Travis Daniels returns after a solid rookie campaigne. Saban drafted Daniels out of his old stomping grounds at LSU and inserted him into many of his difficult to undersand packages and coverages. I like Daniels to play the nickle because it better suits him. The five safties are Allen, Hill, Cooper, Tavares Tillman and Yerimah Bell. I like Allen and the free safety spot to counter Renaldo Hill at the SS spot. The good thing this year, is the depth Saban has added to the defensive secondary. It should be a much improved unit from last year.

The other part of the defense hasn't seen many changes. Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor will anchor the front 7 once again. Everyone is a year smarter in Saban's defense however and I expect to see people being in the right spot more often. Channing Crowder could be a superstar in this league and will greatly benefit from Thomas and Taylor. The defensive line returns Kevin Carter, Vonnie Holliday and Keith Traylor. The big question mark is the strong side linebacker spot. Saban brought in Sedrick Hodge and Keith Newman. Donnie Spragan also has a chance to win the spot and at this point, it's anyone's spot.

Ricky Williams may be lost for the season, but that leaves Ronnie Brown chomping at the bit. Brown had 907 yards last year but averaged 4.6 YPC. The big question surrounding him is, can he carry the load? I think he can. He showed some flashes of greatness in his rookie season and I like him to carry the ball about 300 times. If he can remain healthy, and carry the load, I like the Dolphins to be a great team. Sammy Morris has looked very good in OTAs and I expect him to be a good spell to Brown.

The offensive line they are running behind doesn't have many changes. This biggest change, however, is the most important spot. New acquistion
looks to take over the left tackle spot. It's very important that he can protect Culpepper's blind side to save that healing knee. Other additions are Matt Pearson and Bennie Anderson. It's not yet determined what the starting lineup will be although there is a good idea for it. Rex Hadnot has moved to center and will likely push Seth McKinney out of a starting job. The line was much improved last year under Hudson Houck and expect them to get even better this year.

Finally that leaves the recievers. Chris Chambers will solidify himself as a top 5 NFL reciever this year. He made his first pro bowl last year and I think he excels now that he finally has a quality QB throwing him the ball. Marty Booker was hurt in OTAs but he will be fine for training camp. He is a nice compliment to Chambers and I really like that tandem. The number 3 spot is for grabs between 3rd round pick Derek Hagan, the speedy Wes Welker and big play Kelly Campbell who was signed over from Minnesota. I like Hagan to win the spot and Campbell and Welker will compete for the return jobs. Saban added some much need depth to this posistion and it now looks like a solid corps.

I love what Saban and the Dolphins did this season. They found a franchise QB, added depth to the Oline and reciever spots, rebuilt the entire secondarym and restored a winning attitude in Miami. It should be a great season and the Dolphins look to be great once again.

:confused: Is this from last year because you keep talking about Saban and Culpepper.

without reading i can give u a preview

-Culpepper isnt 100%
-Beck sucks
-Ginn was taken too high although hes a very good player
-your OL is screwed up

-your defense is good..but a little old?
-whos your secondary? both Jason Allens and Daniels?

without reading i can give u a preview

-Culpepper isnt 100%
-Beck sucks
-Ginn was taken too high although hes a very good player
-your OL is screwed up

-your defense is good..but a little old?
-whos your secondary? both Jason Allens and Daniels?

Culpepper won't be on the team, you don't even know who Beck is. Last time we talked about this you called him Kevin Kolb. Like you say Ginn is good, he won't be any less of a player because he was taken higher than some so called experts said he should be, and our OL is taking shape. Can you even name our line?

Our defense is awesome and you guys say they're old every year. Our secondary is still our weakness but the best pass defense is a good pass rush.

And besides, this was from 2006.

Last edited:
Culpepper won't be on the team, you don't even know who Beck is. Last time we talked about this you called him Kevin Kolb. Like you say Ginn is good, he won't be any less of a player because he was taken higher than some so called experts said he should be, and our OL is taking shape. Can you even name our line?

Our defense is awesome and you guys say they're old every year. Our secondary is still our weakness but the best pass defense is a good pass rush.

And besides, this was from 2006.

How is the Dolphins offensive line taking shape?

How is the Dolphins offensive line taking shape?

There was a hole at left tackle and Hudson Houck is working with Vernon Carey (our best OLman) at playing LT. We drafted Samson Satele to play either center or left guard with Hadnot taking the one Satele doesn't occupy. LJ Shelton slides over to right tackle and did a fine job on the right side last year. My only concern if right guard. The Dolphins are looking at Pete Kendall from New York to possibly fill that void.

Yeah he decided to dig up something from a year ago.im cant believe some of the pure sh-t i post .
i love to show everybody just how little you know and how stupid you really are lol lol.now go cry to the mod to get the thread closed:rolleyes:

Last edited:
There was a hole at left tackle and Hudson Houck is working with Vernon Carey (our best OLman) at playing LT. We drafted Samson Satele to play either center or left guard with Hadnot taking the one Satele doesn't occupy. LJ Shelton slides over to right tackle and did a fine job on the right side last year. My only concern if right guard. The Dolphins are looking at Pete Kendall from New York to possibly fill that void.

Why didn't they move Carey to LT before when the line was having trouble.

Why didn't they move Carey to LT before when the line was having trouble.

Good question. My answer would be that he failed initially at left tackle when he came into the league and was finally seeing some success on the right side. Maybe they didn't think his career would do well with another change and potential downfall would kill his spirit.

I love what Saban and the Dolphins did this season. They found a franchise QB, added depth to the Oline and reciever spots, rebuilt the entire secondary and restored a winning attitude in Miami. It should be a great season and the Dolphins look to be great once again.

In one post you write the Dolphins record predicted at 8-8 - Here you say they will have a great season - I guess to a dolphins fan 8-8 IS a great season...What a doofus!! :rofl:

In one post you write the Dolphins record predicted at 8-8 - Here you say they will have a great season - I guess to a dolphins fan 8-8 IS a great season...What a doofus!! :rofl:

Well if you had any intelligence whatsoever, you'd know that this is in reguards to the 2006 season while that post was in reference to the 2007 season. Man, are you that slow?

Not as slow as your Dolphins will be this year.

You can't fool us in you thinking they have a shot at the fringe of the playoffs yet you forecast an 8-8 record.

Why even look forward to this season if you have no hope of the playoffs? - Even the fans in Detroit are predicting a 10-6 season to keep thier hopes alive for a little while until reality checks in by the end of October when they are usually almost eliminated by then :eek:

What fan puts his team at/under .500 before the season starts? - A fan that is not confident in its teams ability,thats who does.

Must suck to be a Dolphins fan...Oh well,theres always NEXT year...and the next...and the next...and the next....and....

Last edited:
Not as slow as your Dolphins will be this year.

You can't fool us in you thinking they have a shot at the fringe of the playoffs yet you forecast an 8-8 record.

Why even look forward to this season if you have no hope of the playoffs? - Even the fans in Detroit are predicting a 10-6 season to keep thier hopes alive for a little while until reality checks in by the end of October when they are usually almost eliminated by then :eek:

What fan puts his team at/under .500 before the season starts? - A fan that is not confident in its teams ability,thats who does.

Must suck to be a Dolphins fan...Oh well,theres always NEXT year...and the next...and the next...and the next....and....

Think about this. If I had predicted the Fins to make the playoffs, you'd be telling me how stupid I am. Seems like I can't possibly win with that, you aren't making any sense at all.

Think about this. If I had predicted the Fins to make the playoffs, you'd be telling me how stupid I am. Seems like I can't possibly win with that, you aren't making any sense at all.

I would not think its stupid - A TRUE fan ALWAYS thinks his team will make the playoffs and predicts at least 9-7 or 10-6 because he/she loves the team and has big confidence in a turnaround.

You on the other hand are looking forward to 2008 maybe not even then?

That shows much apprehension of any confidence you have of your team to get the job done.

Even when my Pats blew crapwads on the field in the early 90s I was ready at the beginning of the next year with playoff aspirations again,yes even after the infamous Patriots 1-15 season in 1990,I was ready for 1991 with excitement and positiveness ...... Like a true fan does for his team,its called 'support'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back