PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins officially tied for worst record in football

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsSox363804

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
***SUPERBOWL***

I can't believe that the idiots in the media couldn't see the glaring weaknesses in that team that were apparent to all of us. Oh well, I'm enjoying every minute of their season thus far.

Glaring weaknesses? Questions, certainly, but I don't know about glaring weaknesses. For what it's worth, they're in every game and just don't know how to win games. By no means am I saying that they are any good but to call people predicting good things this year stupid, is stupid in it's own sense.

all im going to say is how did chris chambers manage only 2 CATCHES TODAY against GREEN BAY!!! he killed my fantasy team.

PatsSox363804 said:
***SUPERBOWL***

I can't believe that the idiots in the media couldn't see the glaring weaknesses in that team that were apparent to all of us. Oh well, I'm enjoying every minute of their season thus far.

Wasn't it Dr. Z of SI that picked them to go the the SB?

Lockdown06 said:
all im going to say is how did chris chambers manage only 2 CATCHES TODAY against GREEN BAY!!! he killed my fantasy team.

and how about Greg Jennings 1-14, damn!

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Glaring weaknesses? Questions, certainly, but I don't know about glaring weaknesses. For what it's worth, they're in every game and just don't know how to win games. By no means am I saying that they are any good but to call people predicting good things this year stupid, is stupid in it's own sense.

As I said 3 months ago:

1972, baby. 1972.

Now it's:

1-6, baby. 1-6.

Last edited:
DCPatsFan said:
Wasn't it Dr. Z of SI that picked them to go the the SB?

Yeah, he picked Carolina over Miami.

Aqua4Ever04 said:

Anyone with an ounce of football IQ saw the offensive line of the Dolphins as a glaring, no-scheme-can-cover-this-up weakness. Add to that the fact that Culpepper was hurt and is turnover prone, Ronnie Brown has never proved he can be an upper-echelon every down back, and the fact that the defense is aging... yeah, I'd say the glaring weaknesses were evident. Foresight was 20/20 in this case, for those with a semblence of football knowledge not wearing orange and teal tinted glasses.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
By no means am I saying that they are any good but to call people predicting good things this year stupid, is stupid in it's own sense.
Stupid ....... oh that's definitely YOU!

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Serious question:

If Miami continues their slide, which i do not believe, who would be their biggest target going into the draft? Would it definitely be QB or would you go defensive line/defensive back? Maybe oline player (even though the theory of taking OL high i think is stupid). I'm actually cluelass as to who Miami would take. Position wise not player wise. Although if QB is not an option i would strongly urge Calvin Johnson.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
For what it's worth, they're in every game and just don't know how to win games.

IT IS WORTH ABSOLUTELY F-ing ZERO. Seriously.

In case anyone was wondering I am enjoying this thoroughly.

Richter said:
Anyone with an ounce of football IQ saw the offensive line of the Dolphins as a glaring, no-scheme-can-cover-this-up weakness. Add to that the fact that Culpepper was hurt and is turnover prone, Ronnie Brown has never proved he can be an upper-echelon every down back, and the fact that the defense is aging... yeah, I'd say the glaring weaknesses were evident. Foresight was 20/20 in this case, for those with a semblence of football knowledge not wearing orange and teal tinted glasses.

I love how you challenge this fact based on opinions. In 2005 the OL allowed 4.4 YPC and only 25 sacks. It was basically the same line so why was it so crazy to think they would be good?

SeanBruschi54 said:
Serious question:

If Miami continues their slide, which i do not believe, who would be their biggest target going into the draft? Would it definitely be QB or would you go defensive line/defensive back? Maybe oline player (even though the theory of taking OL high i think is stupid). I'm actually cluelass as to who Miami would take. Position wise not player wise. Although if QB is not an option i would strongly urge Calvin Johnson.

It really is a complex question. QB is out of the question. Daunte is our guy and I still have full confidence he can bounce back once he's healthy. I think we have too many other holes to take a WR although Calivn Johnson would be the BPA so who knows. I understand what you say about the OL in the first round but I almost think that might be the direction. I'm going to enjoy the football season and we'll talk about drafting in March.

patsox23 said:
IT IS WORTH ABSOLUTELY F-ing ZERO. Seriously.

I'm begining to understand that the differnce between good teams and bad teams is that the good ones win those games. All last year we had so many games that were coulda should woulda. But I realize that really doesn't mean anything. You have to finish in this league and if you don't, you simply aren't any good.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I'm begining to understand that the differnce between good teams and bad teams is that the good ones win those games.
Excellent, grasshopper! Keep studying and you will undoubtedly become a Patriots fan :rolleyes:

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I'm begining to understand that the differnce between good teams and bad teams is that the good ones win those games. All last year we had so many games that were coulda should woulda. But I realize that really doesn't mean anything. You have to finish in this league and if you don't, you simply aren't any good.

Yep. Most NFL games are decided by a few key plays in critical situations, usually in the 4th quarter. You play the game to put your team in a position to win. Then, the team that has the poise to execute in crunch time gets the "W".

alamo said:
Excellent, grasshopper! Keep studying and you will undoubtedly become a Patriots fan :rolleyes:

Never in this life time or even another one my friend. I will hate the Bills, Jets and Pats and love the Dolphins as long as I shall live.

hwc said:
Yep. Most NFL games are decided by a few key plays in critical situations, usually in the 4th quarter. You play the game to put your team in a position to win. Then, the team that has the poise to execute in crunch time gets the "W".

That's exactlly right. Back in the Wannstache era, that was the philosiphy. Keep the game close, and try to win it late. It worked about 9 or 10 times a season but the problem was our defense would get worn down. Now this team is doing the same thing except they just flat out aren't stepping up in clutch situations.

Aqua4Ever04 said:

Dude.

The Dolphins lost AT HOME to the Green Bay Packers!

They lost to the Houstan Texans!

Their one win this year was a nailbiting come-from-behind win AT HOME against the Tennessee Titans!

Pleeeeeeeeeezzzzze........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back