PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins new logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not like naming your team after a bird that does not exist (Seahawks) or not a predator (Cardinals - seeds fear us!)

Or buffalo bills? There's no animal named a bill, I can only assume they are named after a ducks mouth, though theres a buffalo on the helmet. Who the hell knows, maybe wilson had a pet buffalo named bill back in the day.

either way absolute garbage name, though they can't outdo the idiots in greenbay that named their team after people who put cheese in boxes.

Not saying anything about football, but dolphins are supposedly bad asses. They are the good guys who beat up sharks. The name is OK. Not great, but understandable.

Not like naming your team after a bird that does not exist (Seahawks) or not a predator (Cardinals - seeds fear us!)

Actually I believe the Seahawk is a colloquial name for the Osprey, which is actually a pretty badass bird

th

You live in the center of the country, perhaps?

I'm not sure where I live has anything to do with anything. The picture I posted has a dolphin that looks similar to the one in the logo.

The old logo was too cartoonish with its helmet, the new one has some sense of realism to it.

You do realize that the dolphin is swimming through the sun, and doesn't have a mouth, right?

I would say they got it right, swimming through the sun with no mouth, completely harmless, just like the team.

RUA eengrish tee shir?
I didn't correct your grammar, but when someone does, it's best to quietly note the correction and move on. It's not a bad thing to know the difference between weather and whether.

I'm not sure where I live has anything to do with anything. The picture I posted has a dolphin that looks similar to the one in the logo.

Because it would explain why you think one shot in time is the same as a standard dolphin breach.

Dolphins swimming:

th

Dolphins breaching:

th

stuart-westmorland-bottlenosed-dolphins-breaching.jpg

The dolphin doesn't breach fully rigid in that position every time, but that's the general way they do it, which is why we see that pose on pictures, posters, etc... What the logo design team seems to have decided is that a mouthless dolphin swimming through the sun is a great idea for a logo.

of all the NFL team logos, this is the one that looks least like a sports team's logo.

I liked the 80s era Dolphin. Not cartoonish except for the helmet.

Miami+Dolphins+old+helmet+logo.gif

I think it looks quite good. Less cartoonish, more classy/artsy.

I agree. It's a professional looking emblem, much better than the previous editions.

Having said that, emblems don't win football games. Miami still has a ways to go before they can be considered serious contenders for the AFCE. :cool:

ku-medium.jpg

...........Sucks

ROFL. That's awful. Way worse than the old one. I'm glad they are stuck with it now cos they probably paid someone millions to come up with it.

I agree. It's a professional looking emblem, much better than the previous editions.

Having said that, emblems don't win football games. Miami still has a ways to go before they can be considered serious contenders for the AFCE. :cool:

Look at the basketball team they have in town and the plummeting ticket sales and you'll understand the big FA spending and new logo. Ross is all about glitz and glam and yearns to get his team to the forefront of Miami sports. Fortunately for us, he still hasn't learned that the best way to leapfrog the Heat and Hurricanes is to actually win.

Indeed. Winning cures an awful lot of problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back