PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins hire Dennis Hickey as their GM

SoCal Pmen

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Per Almando Salguero this morning Dolphins hired Dennis Hickey as their GM. Lake Dawson who was also in the running was offered the job and turned it down.

What's worth watching in this whole thing is Brian Gaine their internal candidate and the one they should have given the position to has been working on the upcoming draft and attended the Senior Bowl. Does he stick around and hand in all his notes or does he find a job with another team just to get out of there. This will be interesting as they are already behind the 8-ball in preparations.

He was the head of player personnel for the team that traded the Pats Talib and Blount. Maybe the Dolphins will trade the Pats Cameron Wake with him now in charge of the Dolphins.

He was the head of player personnel for the team that traded the Pats Talib and Blount. Maybe the Dolphins will trade the Pats Cameron Wake with him now in charge of the Dolphins.

Sorry to nitpick here, but they came from the Buccaneers, not the Dolphins (but you got the state right :)). Now, about that Cameron Wake trade, I think in combination with Jones and Ninko, Wake would be a pretty darn good fit for the Pats, so good thought on that one by you.

I will take a few draft picks as well

Albert Breer ✔ @AlbertBreer

Real red flag with Hickey is that the Bucs didn't even interview him for their GM spot. Hickey and Lovie Smith worked together for 5 years

You're going to be more sorry when you realize what's going on.

Yup, my bad, I thought Rob's comment was about Brian Gaine, since the post preceding his was (in part) about Gaine. Good example of why it is good practice to maintain humility when posting. :rolleyes:

Good example of why it is good practice to maintain humility when posting. :rolleyes:

As the greatest poster of all time, I agree.

Caseiro wanted to clean house according to Salguero. Does Philbin have blackmail on Stephen Ross?

I really wish they would bulldoze the house, plant a garden on top, and grow some pot in it that I can have during gamedays.

Caseiro wanted to clean house according to Salguero. Does Philbin have blackmail on Stephen Ross?

I really wish they would bulldoze the house, plant a garden on top, and grow some pot in it that I can have during gamedays.

Philbin has a friend high up in the org who is a suck up to the owner and Philbin's advocate. Phins are doomed by the owner.

It keeps getting better:

The Miami Herald reports new Dolphins GM Dennis Hickey "was going to be fired" as Bucs director of player personnel, "probably after the draft."

The Buccaneers recently hired Jason Licht as GM, and he was going to get his own guys in Tampa Bay's front office. Still, it's a reminder of the dysfunctional situation in Miami. The Fins whiffed on virtually every "name" GM candidate owner Stephen Ross so much as considered. They wound up essentially doing Tampa Bay a favor by allowing the Bucs to get out of Hickey's guaranteed contract. We wouldn't be surprised if Hickey goes one-and-done in Miami.

and

The Miami Herald's Adam Beasley has been "told" that "several" Dolphins players are privately expressing a desire that they "want out of this situation" following Sunday's hire of new GM Dennis Hickey.

Hickey, as noted previously, was on the outs in Tampa Bay's front office and is an obvious fallback hire after owner Stephen Ross whiffed on at least three preferred GM candidates. The situation in Miami has become toxic, with Hickey set to operate as a puppet below coach Joe Philbin, who maintains control of the 53-man roster. Ross needs to blow this thing up, but his hands are tied due to his commitment to Philbin. It's only January, and already looking as though the Dolphins are headed for another really long year.
Miami Dolphins - latest news, transactions, injuries, team schedule and depth chart. - Rotoworld.com

Ha Miami what a freaking mess I love it

Wow, Miami.

I remember not so long ago, Miami hired the Big Tuna to come in and "fix things" as head of football operations (or something like that - an uber role over GM and coach).

Can someone remind us how they went from that turnaround move, back to the trash heap?

Thanks!

-- FRITZ

Wow, Miami.

I remember not so long ago, Miami hired the Big Tuna to come in and "fix things" as head of football operations (or something like that - an uber role over GM and coach).

Can someone remind us how they went from that turnaround move, back to the trash heap?

It's so unlike Parcells to leave with a job half-done.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back