Dolphins Fans Ready for the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Born_a_Patriot

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=199865

It's going to come down to pressure. That's the only way we'll beat the Pats. We have to be in Brady's face A LOT. We saw what happens last season when you beat Brady up: He starts crying and his game goes to hell.

I think some well timed trash talk by Porter might spook Brady pretty good. I'm looking forward to seeing Porter do a good Tom Brady celebration dance in the backfield after he sacks him.

hmm they think the best way to beat the pats is to beat up the QB. Can we add this to stupid fan cliches?

Porter intimidating Brady...BHA HA HA HA HA HA AHAHAHA

Sure, their fans are ready... but is their team ready? That's the real question ;)

Actually, I think the Patsies looked very desperate this off-season, it reminded me of the Shula's last team.

I think the Patsie time at the top is on the downturn, the law of averages will catch up to Brady as well.

Yawn. Same old thing.

Best Quote by our very own Dirtywater

Crap. I was looking forward to this season but after reading a lot of the statements and opinions here I am very depressed about the Pats. Between our terrible WR and bust RB, I hope Brady can have a good season.

I just hope we can play through all those bad things and break .500. This thread was a real wake-up call.

Oh well. Enjoy the AFC East title, just don't kill us in the two games .

Considering how good the Dolphins will be this year, do you see yourselves facing the Chargers/Colts/Broncos in the AFCCG, or do you see a SB in sight?

You forgot, added 4 samoans, two of which will be long term stars at Nose Tackle and Center, Speed and scoring ability in the form of the most electric offensive playmaker in college ball, and an electric backup runner. A brilliant QB who will lead this team for a decade. One of the best OC's in football to pair with the already in place great DC who guided the 4th ranked defense in the league last year.

I'd say that the Bills, Pats and Jets will be battling for the cellar this year because it won't be the Dolphins. Most likely the Bills.

Of man, this is some serious kool-aid.

The beauty of our newfound WR threats is that teams won't be able to pressure us as much - and if they do we'll have receivers who can get open quicker - so although the one poster was correct that they need to pressure Brady (duh), if teams do it this year they'll be at much greater risk.

hmm they think the best way to beat the pats is to beat up the QB. Can we add this to stupid fan cliches?

Porter intimidating Brady...BHA HA HA HA HA HA AHAHAHA

That depends... in 04 he sacked brady three times in a single game...but then only got to him once in the playoffs loss...

Still...QB's tend to remember a game where a single guy sacks him three times....

Wow Green will be leading the team when he is 47?

That would be great, Vinny T has nothing on him!!

That depends... in 04 he sacked brady three times in a single game...but then only got to him once in the playoffs loss...

Still...QB's tend to remember a game where a single guy sacks him three times....

When did the Dolphins face a Brady led Pats team in the play offs?
Hasn't happened.

The beauty of our newfound WR threats is that teams won't be able to pressure us as much - and if they do we'll have receivers who can get open quicker - so although the one poster was correct that they need to pressure Brady (duh), if teams do it this year they'll be at much greater risk.

doesn't matter if they are open, if the QB can't get the ball off. Last time we played, Dom capers and Jason taylor just flat out confused tom. He didn't know what the hell was going on.

It's actually kinda weird. For years Tom's Numbers vs the fins have always been average at best...and definatly below his career averages. It thought that once we switched off the vanilla 4-3 it would change. I guessed that Tom just didn't work well against that scheme. But then, after the switch he had his 2 worst outing EVER vs the dolphins. Honestly the only constant has to be either jason taylor or Zach thomas. (i'm guessing taylor) he really must scare the crap out of Tom because there is no other real big factor...He definatly plays better against us in NE, but he also had his best statistical day ever against us in miami so thats out the door.

Currently when playing the fins his average QB rating is 74.25...thats just over 14 points under his career average of 88.4.

His completion rate dips from 61.9%, down 6.58 points to 55.32%.

His ATT/TD rate does stay near the same (TD every 20.56 throws vs fins, 20.84 career)

But he tends to throw A lot more INT's. 1 every 29.9 throws vs a career average of 1 pick every 39.2 throws....

So to say that the key to winnng is pressuring the QB you are right. Assuming however that WR's will suddenly end a 6 year statistical slump..i would not go that far at all.

Last edited:
ooops...you're correct. I looked at the wrong tab. 10-31-2004 patriots lost 34-20

I remember that...Halloween, my grandmother died, and the Patriots got their asses bashed in ending their record win streak. What a day.

Porter is more mouth than bite. He never worries me. The only one to worry about is Taylor. He's like Kryptonite to the Pats. I'll be glad when he "graduates". lol

You forgot, added 4 samoans, two of which will be long term stars at Nose Tackle and Center, Speed and scoring ability in the form of the most electric offensive playmaker in college ball, and an electric backup runner. A brilliant QB who will lead this team for a decade. One of the best OC's in football to pair with the already in place great DC who guided the 4th ranked defense in the league last year.

I'd say that the Bills, Pats and Jets will be battling for the cellar this year because it won't be the Dolphins. Most likely the Bills.

You think someone should tell them that its hit or miss with the Samoans of late.... Look at the guy who the Chiefs drafted in the 2nd round, Junior Siavii. Already been cut. Isaac Sopoaga may finally be getting it, but he's still only a sub. And there were high hopes that he could be a starter.

As for Ginn being the most offensive gifted playmaker in college ball, I have to laugh because Calvin Johnson was, by far, a more gifted playmaker in college.

The porter of 2007 is not even close to being the Porter of 2004. Its one of the reasons the Steelers didn't worry about losing him.

GOOD QBs forgot about games that happened 3 years ago, particularly when the Pats lost their starting LT that game and their starting RT was already a sub to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back