PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins expected to name Dom Capers as Defensive Coordinator

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dolphins are building a powerhouse!

We're DOOOOOMED!

for the life of me I cannot understand the recycling of coaches in the NFL who are not winners, but what do I know. Bring on those awesome Dolphins!

I guess the talk of Saban wanting to make changes was true. Although I think they are a little overated after the way they ended the season, they should be good competition for the foreseeable future, but maybe not until 2007. Of course the Bills and jesters seem to be a long way off.

PatsDeb said:
for the life of me I cannot understand the recycling of coaches in the NFL who are not winners, but what do I know. Bring on those awesome Dolphins!

I agree, especially hiring a coach who seemed to take his team backwards in the last couple of years.

gomezcat said:
I agree, especially hiring a coach who seemed to take his team backwards in the last couple of years.

But when you parse the Peter Principle ("everyone rises to his level of incompetence") ...
doesn't it imply that (a) at the next lower level, the subject did well enough to earn promotion,
and (b) therefore, when they resume at the lower level ... they will regain their competence?

The question is can all these coaches subjegate thier egos to function well together ?

Too bad he isn't going to be the offensive line coach....David Carr would give a great recommendation......

Dom Capers = 3-4 coach.

Saban knows what he's doing, he's building Foxborough South. Mularkey comes from Pittsburgh's power run game (Williams and Brown), Capers is a 3-4 head hunter who will probably do just fine when left to X's and O's (who do they get to replace Traylor if he retires - Jason Taylor playing the Mike Vrabel role). And the Nicktator has some experience at building a winning program....be very, very afraid. :eek:

The extra scary thing is if they get a legit QB - like Culpepper for instance. With them rumored as a possible suitor for T.O. they could be instantly very good with Chambers, T.O., the two RB and a real QB. Of course, there would be trade and salary cap issues plus the obvious question of whether Saban could keep T.O. reigned in. But that scenario would make a lot of us quiver.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Dom Capers = 3-4 coach.

Saban knows what he's doing, he's building Foxborough South. Mularkey comes from Pittsburgh's power run game (Williams and Brown), Capers is a 3-4 head hunter who will probably do just fine when left to X's and O's (who do they get to replace Traylor if he retires - Jason Taylor playing the Mike Vrabel role). And the Nicktator has some experience at building a winning program....be very, very afraid. :eek:

I agree with you...Saban is doing an excellent job of quickly building up Miami.

It is good for the NFL and it is good for us. We need someone to push us to keep us sharp. Look at what playing in an easy conference has done for Indy.

The Gr8est said:
I agree with you...Saban is doing an excellent job of quickly building up Miami.

It is good for the NFL and it is good for us. We need someone to push us to keep us sharp. Look at what playing in an easy conference has done for Indy.
Concur.

BBfan, I hope they go for Culpepper, we're going to need all the turnovers we can get!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back