PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins' defense may be missing key pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their DT's have been awful lately. Ever since the Broncos game, each and every single team they have played has targeted A-Gap runs with a ton of success. Considering that and the loss of Jenkins in run support, this should be a run-heavy game plan. Pound them with Blount and Gray.

Their DT's have been awful lately. Ever since the Broncos game, each and every single team they have played has targeted A-Gap runs with a ton of success. Considering that and the loss of Jenkins in run support, this should be a run-heavy game plan. Pound them with Blount and Gray.

Yeah, they have allowed 183 yards (Baltimore), 277 yards (Jets), and 201 yards (Denver) on the ground the last three games. I think Blount and Gray will have good games this Sunday.

This is going to be a very different game from the opener. No heat, a worse Dolphins defense, and no Moreno to carry their run game. I smell a revenge whoopin.

This is going to be a very different game from the opener. No heat, a worse Dolphins defense, and no Moreno to carry their run game. I smell a revenge whoopin.

Plus an opportunity to clinch the division, and effectively knock Miami out of playoff consideration.

Yeah, they have allowed 183 yards (Baltimore), 277 yards (Jets), and 201 yards (Denver) on the ground the last three games. I think Blount and Gray will have good games this Sunday.

Hopefully...you know--they actually use them. And Gray can get more than 3 carries for the day.

I'm also hoping for a cold, windy, snowy Sunday afternoon.

...and a much better, ticked-off Patriots team at home thirsty for revenge. If MIA is within 21 at the start of the 4th qtr I'll be a little surprised.

They will definitely be without Louis Delmas who was lost for the season with an ACL tear on Sunday, but there is also a good chance they will be without Jelani Jenkins who would be the guy to draw Gronk as their best coverage LB.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...hins-notes-1209-20141208-story.html?track=rss
They could put their entire secondary on Gronkowski and I would still mark him down for 5-6 catches, 80-100 yards, and 1-2 touchdowns.

I would point out that I expect this game to feature a lot of Wright. I think he matches up well against the Dolphins.

I'm also hoping for a cold, windy, snowy Sunday afternoon.
I'm seeing an early forecast of a high of 43 and partly sunny. Don't know about winds yet.

Why do they always(?) schedule these two teams in Miami early in season then up here later?

Not the same team as week 1....no doubt.
Knowshon was the unstoppable force NE had no answer for then. Combine his absence with their secondary issues now.......I foresee no problems securing a comfortable victory.

Slightly OT......Back in September, NE couldn't stop the run and had trouble establishing their running game as well. My theory which was developed on a Thirsty Thursday outing...... NE used training camp to coordinate pass protection first and foremost. New O line configuration / new coach /pass centric offense/ franchise QB that must be preserved. Because the offense focused on the passing game, the defense therefore had fewer run defending opportunities at practice. Factor in the reconfigured secondary that needed to get up to speed...and it seems logical to assume the emphasis in TC was the passing game. Run first teams like Miami and KC had their way against a defense that lacked reps vs the run. and like last year, BB's run game came into fruition after the bye week...where they used the extra time to add layers to the run offense/defense.

Divisional games are typically difficult, but this one is at home, and we're both different teams from our previous encounter (as borg mentioned).

I will give Miami props for improving their team from PY. I forget their record from PY, but they feel better to me--especially with the O-Line. That was an achilles heel last year.

I'm thinking this is the game Cam Fleming returns and they make an effort to ground and pound. Teams have been running over them in the last 3 weeks
who on earth is your avatar?

I'm thinking this is the game Cam Fleming returns and they make an effort to ground and pound. Teams have been running over them in the last 3 weeks

We might very well have had two td's instead of fg's on our first two drives if Fleming played last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots