PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins Acquire Reggie Bush (contingent on contract)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is scary for real. Bush is a really good back, despite what the general perception of him is in the sports world. The guy is a dynamic talent that is hard to plan against.

Not happy about it. I don't think Miami knows how to use bush correctly and he will only have a marginal impact. Bush has been playing behind one of the better OL in the NFL for years. Miami's OL is not that great. I think they will over play him and he will get hurt,,, um again. Plus they don't have the weapons we have, and good QB play, so he's not much of a mismatch for defenses playing Miami. Id be surprised if he did well there.

We needed him because when we have thomas,colston,moore, meachum, and david thomas on the field with bush, he is a mismatch nightmare, you can't put a LB on him, and he's brilliant at sweeps, and short slants. So he kills the blitz on brees.
Bush can be on his game, Like the cardinals playoff game, and almost win it single handed, and then he can almost single handedly lose you a game,lol, Like Dallas last year or Seattle.
Hes an Xfactor, but not a full time talent, like Johnson. He can't pull the weight of a team.
Losing him, it will seriously hurt the way defenses cover our WR,TE's,RB and we might not be able to maintain the #1 offense in the NFL we have enjoyed sense 2006. We might have to come to terms with that, or find another threat to plug into his spot, like Brad smith, maybe.

I think the only teams besides N.O. where he could be effective is, Patriots, Eagles, colts, and chargers. But wish him the best, we know he did the best he could, he just cost to much.

we offered him Reggie Bush deal with the Saints, per league source: Two years, $9.75 million. He gets $5 million in 2011. Pretty fair
reposted from AH thread,lol

Last edited:
This is scary for real. Bush is a really good back, despite what the general perception of him is in the sports world. The guy is a dynamic talent that is hard to plan against.

People keep repeating this. Perhaps one day it'll come true.

People keep repeating this. Perhaps one day it'll come true.

Give him some time. It is pretty tough to evaluate a running back after only five years (or was that the average career of a running back - I can never remember that stat). Plus, if you add up all his rushing stats over that 5-year period, he actually matches Chris Johnson's 2009 season.

If he couldn't get it done consistently with Brees and the Saints, I don't see him as a division changer. More likely, a near-term member of the Dolphins IR list.

I always thought Bush was a media creation more than anything. If he wasn't a consensus all-pro in New Orleans, with their O-line and Drew Brees to keep the defense honest. I'm not worried that he's gonna be a major threat with the 'Phins O-line and Kyle Orton (no offense to Orton, I think he's above average).

In fact with Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown out of there I think it's a big downgrade for them.

The more important question is "Does this make the Saints worse?". We have their 1st round pick next year.
Yeah, if Ingham gets hurt, the RB from 'Bama.

And he has a lot of miles on his speedometer already.

He's an obvious upgrade over 2010 R&R. Those guys are sliding on the downside of their careers. 2008 R&R, not so much.. that was a good tandum.

Yeah, if Ingham gets hurt, the RB from 'Bama.

And he has a lot of miles on his speedometer already.

Hmm, not really, we have Ivory and thomas. If Ingram goes down we will be fine. Where it hurts us is the mismatch. Without Bush teams can cover our WR, and TE better, because you would never put a LB on Bush, so shockey would have a LB on him and make the catch. But yea I think we are not as good now,,
,,hmm I don't know.. have to wait and see what payton is planning to do about it. At least our GM had the foresight to plan for this kind of outcome and draft Ingham,, in hopes he might be good.. I want to wait and see what we do in the next few days before I really think we might have a problem.

Methinks you need to translate that into American English. ;)
What? Haven't you heard? There's no such thing. The official language of the United States is Mexican. And before someone tells me Mexican isn't a language. . .

How does Mark Sanchez get in to the Jets practice facility? He scales the fence.

There were actually Jets fans chanting 'Reggie! Reggie!' - implying the Jets should kiss the canvas just to get him. I was at that game. It was almost as embarrassing as 4 -12.

I'm more worried about Orton. The only thing keeping the Phish from having a good team is their crappy QB play. Orton isn't the Messiah, but he's a fine QB. I'd love to have him as our Backup.

I thought he just got his feet out...
Hah, not bad.

I love monkeys. I call Sanchez 'The Chimp', because the first thing I noticed about him were those ears of his. They're like blow horns. I bet if they tested his DNA he'd turn out to be Bonobo, though.

Bush is faster. Are u seriously trying to say woodhead is better than bush? Bush was a huge part of new orlean's superbowl team, an absolute match-up nightmare. So you cannot make the superbowl argument for faulk. Woodhead and faulk are not in bush's league. He also returns kicks better than both guys. Damn it, i hate homers.

To the contrary, I would take an in-his-prime Kevin Faulk over Bush any day of the week. he's a more well-rounded, disciplined, and durable player. As for Bush vs. Woodhead, Bush is clearly far more athletic, the only thing that would give me pause is his lack of durability. I'm not nearly as high on Woodhead as a lot of the people here, but simply based on Bush's inability to stay on the field I'd have a hard time deciding between them.

If Bush stays healthy, though, he, Marshall, and Orton could make for a hell of an offense.

Last edited:
check the timestamp lol = BillsZone.com - Buffalo Bills Fan Zone

jcdavey said:
it's really no big deal

saints had to do it before releasing him for nothing in return

bush has never really lived up to anywhere near his draft status

i wouldn't be at all surprised if the saints turn around and get sproles, and laugh their asses off at miami for getting punked

It seems the Saints agree.

Yes I like this signing :)
It seems the Saints have a plan for Reggie's departure. The Saints have signed Darren Sproles from the San Diego Chargers.

Sproles to the Saints for 4 years, $14M with $6M guaranteed. Great fit for him with Bush gone to MIA
That's 3.5 million a year. His total contract is how much Reggie would have cost THIS year alone! I love this deal.

New Orleans Saints agree to 4-year deal with tailback Darren Sproles | NOLA.com

Sproles is 28 years old, and has the relatively same skill set that Reggie Bush had. He can run the ball, but is better suited to catchingz passes out of the backfield. Sproles has the ability to work on both kickoff return and punt return, whereas Reggie only had the ability to return punts.

Sproles has spent the past 6 seasons in San Diego, and has had 249 rushing attempts for 1,154 yards and had 6 rushing TD. He also has 146 receptions for 1,400 yards and 11 receiving touchdowns. His 13 fumbles with 8 lost are a red flag, but hopefully the Saints can help him with his ball control issues.

Here are his complete stats as an experienced kick returner. In brief: over 114 career punt returns, he's averaged 8.2 yards and has scored twice. He has returned 258 kickoffs for a 25.8 yard average with two TDs.

That gives us Ivory, Ingram, thomas, sproles, Hamilton ( RB SDSU FB), and hopefully Evans

aus, you guys played against this kid, is he worth the cash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes