PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphin Report from Behind Enemy Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqwaah/TwGuru must be dieing to post here and tell us all about it. Its a good thing hes banned or he'd clog the board with Tuna in Miami threads.

Whoa! The jury is still out on this one and could become a horse of a different color. I'd say that if Wreckless Eric repeats the results of this season next year or shows minimal improvement, his HC tenure will be hist, will be hist, will be history. (Any vague reference to "The Wizard of Oz" was purely intended.):cool:

I say that regardless whether Eric lasts until the Jets can be rebuilt. RAC took four years. EM might not have the time in impatient NYC,which is part of the Jets history.

But I say that because they did in fact find two talents in their last draft. Reavis and Harris are keepers. The year before they took D'Brickashaw and Mangold. Ferguson has been slow to develop but no one doubts that Mangold is a keeper. I suspect that D'Brick will develop into an acceptable LOT over time. He may never be a Tony Bosellli, but he could become a Matt Light.

That is four or at least 3.5 good additions to the generally hapless collection of no bodies that the Jets usually overate. Kerry Rhodes is not chopped liver either.

Its time to get a QB and I just don't think K Clemons is the next Tom Brady. (or Trent Edwards either!) ;)

Accused, convicted and fined for cheating....

Bill Parcells- 0
Bill Belichick- 1

Must be painful to have to reach for this stuff all the time.

This job requires someone who can hire good people and get out of their way, while understanding the nuances of cap management, relationship building with peers, and the gradual, incremental development of an excellent football organization.

Everything in his past is contrary to this. Maybe he wants a real challenge, and maybe he can do it, but I wouldn't bet on it.

WOW, look who dropped the jug of kool aid and crawled out from under a bridge. Long time no see FLP. HMM, Now my nights complete. :rolleyes:

Ready for you're beat down Sunday? :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Last edited:

Bill Parcells- 0
Bill Belichick- 1

Super Bowls won without the other coach on staff:

Bill Parcells - 0
Bill Belichick - 3

Now, come back in February and we may need to update this......;)

Last edited:
So, to remove oursleves form that group, let's take a quick look at the numbers because they never lie:

Career Won/Lost Records:

Parcells with Belichick
117 Wins
73 Losses
.620 winning %
2 Super Bowl wins

Parcells without Belichick
55 Wins
57 Losses
.490 winning %
0 Super Bowl wins

Belichick with Parcells
117 Wins
73 Losses
.620 winning %
2 Super Bowl wins (1986 SB XXI & 1990 SB XXV)

Belichick without Parcells
125 Wins
81 Losses
.607 winning %
3 Super Bowl wins (Soon to be 4 ;-) )"

Good research, good numbers, however an astute Dolphins fan would say that Parcells has taken turnaround jobs in multiple horrible situations like in New England, NY Jets, Dallas, and now Miami.

Your numbers say Parcells coached about 110 games without Belichick? What years were those? Just curious.

Bill Parcells- 0
Bill Belichick- 1

I like the Parcells move for the olphins.

He will make the Dolphins better.

Save the fine and cheater crap.

Parcells, if given the chance would fine the Patriots a 5th rounder for "SPYGATE"

Yeah, Barry Bonds also enjoys numerous records cause he's also a cheater.

Keep yapping, troll, and watch your precious '72 squad crying in their Metamucil when the Patriots go 19-0.

He signed a four year deal, so he'll be movin on in 3.

Bill is just in it for the money these days - that's why he abused poor old Arthur Blank to leverage the Dolphins whom he neglected to tell Arthur he'd been talking to for a week. And because TC bores him. All Bill has been really good at since the late 80's is creating a market for Bill.

And I agree with the poster who characterized him as potentially late developing ADD. He loves football, so as is often the case with ADD types he can achieve some success when he remains focused on the task at hand. But eventually his focus wanes, with the Giants and Pats (to an extent) post success, with the JETS and Cowboys, absent it. Within the media, in less than a season. He's cap aversive, has never been a concensus builder, and he's old and tires of the fight more easily than ever. This should be fun to watch, for a little while.

We broke a rule, that doesn't mean we cheated. Bart Scott got 35 yards in penalties on one play. He broke a rule, but he isn't a cheater. The part of their actions that was a violation was that they were on the field doing it, not that they were stealing signals which ironically, the dolphins did last year.

All I have to say is we dropped 42 on you in one half. Hide behind your accusations as long as you want. Your 72 team is irrelevant, Pioli is a far better exec than Parcells can hope to be, and we both know who the better team is.

FTP
what do you think in 15-20 years people will be talking about?

they will be talking about the greatest team to ever exist who went undefeated against better competition.... tell yourself something else to make you feel better...after all the way your team sucks must be painful to endure.

ahh...the jealousy of the fans of sucky teams...this what greatness brings my fellow Pats fans...the envy in ftp's posts are wonderful!

Sure, just like the Dolphins being docked a 1st round draft pick for breaking the rules in the early 70's is always brought up when mentioning the '72 Dolphins, right? Oh no, nobody actually mentions that, even though it did happen. So it will go with this team.

Sure, they won when they stole another team's coach illegally, but they never won besides that. Man, those Dolphins were dirty cheaters.

Sure, they won when they stole another team's coach illegally, but they never won besides that. Man, those Dolphins were dirty cheaters.

i would like for the dolphins troll to answer about the legacy of his 72 phins , specially that they were punished by the league and stripped from a 1st rounder, of course , he lacks knowledge and logic to answer that.

hey troll....how about the weak ass competition that team played? how many of their opponents had a winning record?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back