PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphin Fans Jumping off the Bandwagon in Mass Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua4Ever04 said:
Exactlly. If this game was midseason, it would be downplayed much more than this. At the end of the year, if the Dolphins are in the playoffs, this game will be rememberd by none.

Man we thumped the Broncos on opening day last year and look where they went. I am seriously ashamed of Finheaven right now.
As we are ashamed of you

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Those people are just fair weather fans. For the love of god, it's one loss against the defending champs in one of the toughest places to play. The Panters, Seahawks and Broncos all lost their first game last year. They all had pretty good seasons.

You need to accept these cold hard football facts, as witnessed by Minnesota Vikings fans last season:

Daunte Culpepper: 5%
Randy Moss: 95%

Moss inflated Culpepper's stats, not the other way around.

Infinsible said:
As we are ashamed of you
Oh man that's cold.

AquaBoy4Ever04.... a man without a home. :( I believe we have temporary shelters set up here for just such a scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua4Ever04
Exactlly. If this game was midseason, it would be downplayed much more than this. At the end of the year, if the Dolphins are in the playoffs, this game will be rememberd by none.

Man we thumped the Broncos on opening day last year and look where they went. I am seriously ashamed of Finheaven right now.

Infinsible said:
As we are ashamed of you

Good morning!! :)

The Gr8est said:
After the season we can trade Matt Cassell for Miami's #2, it will be a relative high #2 also.
Cassel is being groomed to replace TB(No way do the Pats trade him)

Think Montana(Young)

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Oh man that's cold.

AquaBoy4Ever04.... a man without a home. :( I believe we have temporary shelters set up here for just such a scenario.

The board is definately smelling fishy this am! Now we've got a couple of fin fans bickering here. Can we call their moma's and send them home?

I had Miami and Baltimore in the mock draft we held in the Draft Forum. Both teams had significant needs on the O-line and neither addressed them in the draft, Miami could have with their one decent slot but didn't. Baltimore gave in to Ray Lewis' demands and didn't either. Look for McNair to have similar problems. Pitt had Culpepper any time they wanted him.

NEWS FLASH:

Culpepper isn't that good!

That being said, the Dolphins have a very easy schedule:

Team Schedule

2006 Schedule · 2005 · 2004 · 2003 · 2002

2006 Preseason
Date Opponent Time/Result
Aug 12 Jacksonville Lost 26-31
Aug 19 @Tampa Bay Won 13-10
Aug 24 @Carolina Lost 10-19
Aug 31 St. Louis Won 29-9

2006 Schedule
Date Opponent Time/Result
Sep 7 @Pittsburgh Lost 17-28
Sep 17 Buffalo 1:00pm
Sep 24 Tennessee 1:00pm
Oct 1 @Houston 1:00pm
Oct 8 @New England 1:00pm
Oct 15 @N.Y. Jets 4:15pm
Oct 22 Green Bay 1:00pm
Week 8 BYE
Nov 5 @Chicago 1:00pm
Nov 12 Kansas City 1:00pm
Nov 19 Minnesota 1:00pm
Nov 23 @Detroit 12:30pm
Dec 3 Jacksonville 1:00pm
Dec 10 New England 1:00pm
Dec 17 @Buffalo 1:00pm
Dec 25 N.Y. Jets 8:30pm
Dec 31 @Indianapolis 1:00pm

I'm guessing they will split the home and home with thye Bills, Sweep the Jets, they should beat Tennessee, Green Bay, & MInnesota at home. They have very winnable games vs: Houston, Chicago, & KC.
They will most likely lose two to the Pats and the Colt game, however the Colt game is the last game of the season, so the Colts may not need that game and they could mail it in (like the win they got last year in week 16).

So still they can easily go 9-7, or even 10-6.

That game last night was exactly what I expected from Miami. Despite what "Aquavelva" or whatever his name is says, their secondary is awful. Charlie Batch throws for 3 TD's??? Also, their offensive line sucks. Brown gets 30 yards? Finally Culpepper is awful now that he can't run. He throws a ball like a 10 year old girl. The division is going to be a walk this year for NE.

I think the Phins have a good team and R. Brown is a great back so they will do good this year but the Pats will win the east.

Infinsible said:
You guys talk about my Fins all you want. We know you fear them. Otherwise you wouldn't be visiting my site and quoting us. I won't change my sig pick over there, because I don't think you all took the deal. I was willing to make a bet that I would change my signature to say something about the Pats being the best, but I don't think you took it. O)h well, your loss. I will now go back to Finheaven.com. I'll see you when we are about to play. You all will lose to the billie goats this week.

Honestly, I haven't feared Miami since Marino left. Your team is 9-7 at best (like Ive said all along). See ya.

With a very anemic running game it will all be on Dante's shoulders this year. It's gonna be ugly. Dante's Inferno....

MDPATSFAN said:
With a very anemic running game it will all be on Dante's shoulders this year. It's gonna be ugly. Dante's Inferno....

I wish I could feel bad for Miami fans, but they should have known better. They thought they were getting the 2000 version of Duante, not a guy who can't run (and never could throw).

Jacky Roberts said:
I wish I could feel bad for Miami fans, but they should have known better. They thought they were getting the 2000 version of Duante, not a guy who can't run (and never could throw).

Yes, they say that they are for a team and then they are not.

sounds like they won't keep their word- does that remind you of anyone Jacky?:eek:

PATSNUTme said:
Yes, they say that they are for a team and then they are not.

sounds like they won't keep their word- does that remind you of anyone Jacky?:eek:

You seem a bit obsessed about the pics, NUT. I'll gladly put up the pics as promised when I get a moment, but you seem a bit obsessed.

The funny thing about those Fins fans is how pissed they are that they now think the Fins will go 9-7. Seriously, that's a fine prediction for where the Fins will end up, and it always has been. Suddenly, though, that's a disaster of a season. Stupid meaningless winning streak last year and undeserved hype this summer is setting them up for disappointment.

9-7 would be a fine season for the Dolphins. Frankly, if I were them I'd worry about being 7-9 if they have a couple of injuries to key players. Jason Taylor and Ronnie Brown go down, they've got nothing. But, 9-7 ... that's a nice progression from where they were two years ago. Last year's record was a bit hollow ... they're still rebuilding.

I'm not arguing. He can go to one of those other sites with the rest of the riff raff if he doesn't like our board.

Infinsible said:
I'm not arguing. He can go to one of those other sites with the rest of the riff raff if he doesn't like our board.

28 points allowed by the Miami Dolphins is not even close to a shutout. How is the view from the cellar, Dolphins Fans?

Overreacting now.... or before? Time will tell.

Aqualung thinks that all the doom and gloom coming from Fins fans this morning is from fair weather fans who are overreacting after one game. He may be right, but it could also be that he and the other euphoric Dolphin prognosticators (including many in the media) were overreacting to the 6 game winning streak with which they ended last season and to the acquisition of Culpepper.

It has been well documented here that the 6 game streak came against 4 inferior teams, 1 team (San Diego) which faded badly down the stretch, and a team (Pats) who were resting most of their starters in preparation for the playoffs. It has also been well documented that Culpepper may be damaged goods and he had 12 picks against only 6 touchdowns BEFORE getting injured in 2005. And oh by the way Ricky Weed is gone and Ronnie Brown has never had to carry the load alone.

So I ask again, are the fin fans overreacting today, or where they overreacting all offseason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes