Welcome to PatsFans.com

Dolphin Fans Jumping off the Bandwagon in Mass Numbers

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by FSUPatsFan, Sep 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FSUPatsFan

FSUPatsFan Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Just a sample of whats being said on dolphin message boards

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Believe me, this is just a small sample. Check out the message board for yourself. There are still some believers, but there are many many posts just like these.

2. Aqua4Ever04

Aqua4Ever04 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Those people are just fair weather fans. For the love of god, it's one loss against the defending champs in one of the toughest places to play. The Panters, Seahawks and Broncos all lost their first game last year. They all had pretty good seasons.

3. Richter

Richter In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Keep repeating that mantra, maybe it'll come true.

Wait, no it won't, you still have Daunte Culpepper as your QB.

4. The Gr8est

The Gr8est In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +27 / 1 / -0

After the season we can trade Matt Cassell for Miami's #2, it will be a relative high #2 also.

5. Richter

Richter In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

No way, the Vikings got a second rounder for Culpepper, Cassel at least showed he won't do his best to immediately throw a testes-crushing pick-six at the end of a close game, when our scrubs were giving the Doofins all they could handle in the last regular season game of 2005. If that's the case, I want a first for Cassel.

6. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,922 / 25 / -22

#75 Jersey

Yes, but those teams all had Offensive Lines.

7. AzPatsFan

AzPatsFan Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +445 / 36 / -17

A4E,

I agree with you for one of the few times, I suspect. Saban had no draft to speak of this off season. Thanks to the previous regime. How can you improve ? The competition had a "double draft " and are already programed for another one this next off season. His opposition is in fine cap shape and can buy players or trade for them to fill the few holes they might develop.

The Patriots have added eight newcomers draftees or UDFAs, to their roster and traded for Gabriel and signed Caldwell, Seau, Jones and Gardner. Now they have lost two of them to IR, but they still improved and these guys will be back next season, meaning Nick has to do much better to just stand in place.

The team he inherited from Wanny is aging rapidly. Before he can rebuild the O-line and the secondary, the D line will go over the hill and his best LBs too. Nick needs a big shovel to dig before he gets swamped.

8. Aqua4Ever04

Aqua4Ever04 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Exactlly. If this game was midseason, it would be downplayed much more than this. At the end of the year, if the Dolphins are in the playoffs, this game will be rememberd by none.

Man we thumped the Broncos on opening day last year and look where they went. I am seriously ashamed of Finheaven right now.

9. thewaylifeshouldbe

thewaylifeshouldbe Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So did Oakland, Houston, Celevland, NY Jets, Green Bay, St. Louis...etc. How did their season fare?

10. PatsWorldChamps

PatsWorldChamps Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

saban had a full draft... saban used his #2 for DC.. pretty sure saban used his #5 for manny wright.. after that im not sure, but i know they had extra #7's also... if saban blew the draft, oh well; but it wasnt the previous regime

Last edited: Sep 8, 2006
  11. patsox23

patsox23 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0

I agree. It's one game. People are getting too keyed up - Pats fans and phin fans alike. Miami has some issues, just as all NFL teams do. Culpepper's bound to be rusty, and he's going to make his share of bonehead mistakes. But that's not something I'd be worried about if I were a phin fan. I'd be worried about my line play. On both sides of the ball, the trenches were not good.

OTOH, I would be happy that Will Allen played pretty well, that Jason Taylor is going to be even more dangerous playing in this scheme and that, despite little room to run, Ronnie Brown did a decent job of making shinola out of the other thing.

12. patsfan55

patsfan55 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

nem, i think this is the greates thing uve ever said
    honestly, classic

13. patsfan55

patsfan55 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

ppl def are overreacting
    BUT culpepper did look ****ty

as for jason taylor i didnt think he had that great of a game
    and can remember one awful play he made where he went inside as a de and it was a run off tackle, in which taylor should have been their to contain, but he wasnt and it ended up bein a good gain for parker

14. s0ad05

s0ad05 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh come on about Ronnie Brown. They want a different running back next year? Ronnie Brown is good and if they dont want him ill take him.

15. Belisarius

Belisarius Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The obvious example that leaps out at me is last years Broncos-Phins opener. It looked like either the Phins were way better than everyone thought, or the Broncos were way worse. Neither was true.

It's one game. If the Phins have similar problems in game 2, then there will be real cause for panic in the fever swamps of southern florida.

16. BoTown

BoTown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

Miami should still be at 5-2 at the bye week, assuming they beat Buffalo, Tennessee, Houston, and the Jets, and lose to New England of course! Even if the Pats are 7-0 at that point Miami is still in it. 4-3, that changes things.

17. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,440 / 24 / -33

Idiot..you must be in your twenties..you can't lose to Batch...that means Buffalo beats your ass

Saban needs to get Pepper strtaightemned ouit

18. RI Pats Fan

RI Pats Fan Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Daunte Feeley... that's cold-blooded

19. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Haven't you heard?

Duante Culpepper has better numbers than Brady. He is one of the greatest passers of all-time. The Patriots' days are numbered.

20. Infinsible

Infinsible Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You guys talk about my Fins all you want. We know you fear them. Otherwise you wouldn't be visiting my site and quoting us. I won't change my sig pick over there, because I don't think you all took the deal. I was willing to make a bet that I would change my signature to say something about the Pats being the best, but I don't think you took it. O)h well, your loss. I will now go back to Finheaven.com. I'll see you when we are about to play. You all will lose to the billie goats this week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.