PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphin fan here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, you do not have an equal QB...lets get that straight. I can see why you are all excited, but i would be too if my team sucked ass for as long as the dolphins. You can spout off on how you made so many improvements to your team...guess what, its because you had too. We can afford to let willy go, we can afford to let adam go. Givens was not our best WR, so don't get crazy. We will replace them and move forward even better than before. Keep rebuilding your team.

Boston Boxer said:
ok, you do not have an equal QB...lets get that straight. I can see why you are all excited, but i would be too if my team sucked ass for as long as the dolphins. You can spout off on how you made so many improvements to your team...guess what, its because you had too. We can afford to let willy go, we can afford to let adam go. Givens was not our best WR, so don't get crazy. We will replace them and move forward even better than before. Keep rebuilding your team.

Alright, I've tried it in logical fashion but you've pissed me off. Dolphins sucked for so many years? They have the best winning percentage of any football team all time you ****ing moron. And as for Culpepper and Brady let me show you some #'s ******.

Player........GS...Comp %....Yards... TD... INT YPG Rating
Tom Brady..80....61.9........18035....122...66..225...85.1
Culpepper...80....64.4........20162....135...86..252...91.1

I also know that Daunte is the 5th rated passer of all time.

Don't start tellin me that Brady has 3 super bowls blah blah blah because you and I both know Daunte would have won all those super bowls if he was with New England. If Brady was in Minnesota he wouldn't have won jack either.

Aslo, Marino is twice the quarterback Brady is he just had a worse surrounding cast.

So yes, Daunte is the better quarterback!

EDIT: I edited to make the numbers more clear

Last edited:
Wow man, i'd just like to say:

Attachments

• thanksfortheinfo.jpg
    thanksfortheinfo.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 85
Aqua4Ever04 said:
Crazy Patriot Guy-

This is the best post I've seen by any of you guys on here. Very good points and good logic. My point is just like I said though, we are much better than the 9-7 team we ran out last year. Not just a 10-6 but an 11-5 possibly 12-4 team this year. You guys will be better with the additions of all your injured players.
BUT! You lost some of your most key players from your run. Vinatieri was the best kicker over the last couple of years. He was so clutch and won a lot of games for you.
David Givens was probably your best reciever and face it, you guys have no serious threats at WR.
Willie McGinnest was a big part of your guys' amazing 3-4 scheme that Billichik so masterfully ran.

Our offense is way better than your guys' at this point. We now have an equal quarterback and have way better skill players and our Oline is pretty good also. A lot of you people say that you've never herd of any one on the oline but, we were 4th in sacks allowed had a 900 yard rusher and a 700 yard rusher.

Those are all such huge losses and we have done nothing but make huge strides. Do you understand why I have all this optimism?

First off, you're on both sides of the argument. You say losing AV is huge because he was clutch, but all you do is compare stats to show that Cullpepper is as good if not better than Brady. Clutch is what makes Brady great, he's rarely rattled, he's always in control, and to date, only three times has he failed to put up points with a chance to tie or win the game. Cullpepper is a very good, talented QB but c'mon. I could probably find stats that make Warren Moon look better than Joe Montana.

David Givens was not our best WR. Deion Branch is far and away our best WR. Givens always had that same play called for him in the playoffs so he had a lot of TD catches when he was on TV. That's why he looks so good to you IMO.

You've got to do better than that. You saying Givens is our best WR and we have no one else would be like me saying Marty Booker was your best WR if he left and you have no one else. (obviously Chris Chambers is better)

McGinest was a fine LB and I still think he'll be a solid player for Cleveland. But he wasn't exactly all-pro last season. I honestly think people are looking mainly at his incredible game against the Jaguars in the playoffs and thinking he did that every single game for us. It simply isn't true.

AV is a very clutch kicker but you can see that he's starting to drop a little bit. A couple years back, if he missed, it was a beautiful kick that just sailed wide. Last year he had a couple that looked plain bad. Again, when a game winning kick is needed, we absolutely downgraded. However, I don't think we are going to suffer too much when it comes to normal, game-to-game kicking.

I just looked at our Week 10 game when we faced you guys. I decided to look at our "huge" losses and see what they did to you. I'm not looking at the final game because we were basically playing our JV.

David Givens had 0 receptions.
AV was 3/3 on FGs, long of just 35 yards.
McGinest had one solo tackle and one assist.

They weren't exactly the difference in us winning or losing that game.

Again, it's INCREDIBLY EARLY in the offseason. Like I mentioned, people tried telling us we were screwed without Ted Washington. We then drafted Vince Wilfork. The offseason isn't over.

I still don't think you're being very objective. You make a small mention that we'll be improved with our injured players back but then make it seem like we're in deep trouble with the loss of those three players.

We played almost the entire year without our LT and all-pro SS. We were down our top 3 CBs by Week 6. We lost our C and 4th CB by midseason. We played 4 weeks without Seymour, arguably the best all-around DL in the game. We played 6 games without Bruschi, and his impact in his return was very obvious. Brady had a sports hernia all season. Dillon had a hamstring injury all season. At one point, we had one healthy RB and another playing hurt because we had no room on the inactive list. Daniel Graham missed time which not only hurt our passing game but our running game as well because he's an absolutely incredible blocker. Kevin Faulk has been a huge playmaker for us despite his occasional bad-timing fumble and he missed two months. It goes on and on.

I would say the return of that group is just a tad bit more important to the team than Givens, McGinest and Vinatieri. It's true those three players were key players in our Super Bowl runs. However, you're talking about 20+ Super Bowl rings on IR or standing on the sidelines for a major part of the season.

Patriots fans should be optimistic. We get a lot of players back healthy. We've added some very good special teamers which should greatly improve our coverage which hurt us at times last year. We're in a good draft position and have extra picks in the mid rounds where the real value is. Our schedule is spread out very evenly where there really isn't a ridiculous stretch of games like last season.

You should be optimistic too, you're team looks to be improving. Cullpepper is a definate upgrade. (though I'm suprised no one seems to be worried about his knee) You've got a lot of young talent on offense and a good coach. So hell yes be optimistic, I would be if I was a Dolphins fan. But don't come over hear telling us to admit that we're done and the Dolphins now own the division. There's a difference between optimism and ****iness.

Crazy Patriot Guy-

Thanks for taking a logical approach at this, you seem to know your stuff very well and I am happy to debate with a well educated human being.

Now, you are right on much of your points but I still think a few of your opinions are shaky.

First off, you're on both sides of the argument. You say losing AV is huge because he was clutch, but all you do is compare stats to show that Cullpepper is as good if not better than Brady. Clutch is what makes Brady great, he's rarely rattled, he's always in control, and to date, only three times has he failed to put up points with a chance to tie or win the game. Cullpepper is a very good, talented QB but c'mon. I could probably find stats that make Warren Moon look better than Joe Montana.

Yeah I will give you the fact that Tom Brady is clutch I am just saying that Culpepper is just as eqaul of a all game quarterback. Culpepper excells all 60 minutes of the football game. He is a huge threat to let one go deep and to take off and pick up 10 yards any maybe even bowl over a defensive back.

I don't think you can argue that Moon is better than Montana for that matter either. :)

You've got to do better than that. You saying Givens is our best WR and we have no one else would be like me saying Marty Booker was your best WR if he left and you have no one else. (obviously Chris Chambers is better

Now I really hope you aren't comparing Chambers to Branch. That would just be ridiculous. Chambers is as good as Moss once was. He is going to be a 90 catch 1000 yard 12 TD a year guy for 4 or 5 years. Branch is a good reciever but a guys #2 compliment is always a huge part of an offense. My statement was just that Givens is a big loss because you guys really don't have another WR capable of starting. Insert Bethel Johnson or Tim Dwight, not doing it for me.

Just my 2 cents on what you're saying but again, you are very knowledgable and I'd like to thank you for talking like a senseable human being.

EDIT:
But don't come over hear telling us to admit that we're done and the Dolphins now own the division. There's a difference between optimism and ****iness.

Ok I didn't hit on that part, it is my opinion that the Dolphins are now better than the Patriots. I apologize for being rude non curtious. I just think that some of you guys should maybe realize that we are taking shape and I wanted to know if you guys are worried that your reign is over.

Last edited:
I wasn't comparing Branch and Chambers, just that you were calling our #2 WR our best WR. Branch may not have some of the numbers that other top WRs do but he always seems to make big plays and big catches when we need them.

You said it yourself, you're "taking shape." That means you're not done. We're not done either. We could land a WR in the draft that steps into the #2 spot right away. We could take a LB that gives us enough depth to rotate players out and negate the loss of McGinest. We could draft a kicker in the late rounds that has a good season. If the season started tomorrow, we'd have some holes on this team. We still have five months though. Considering the recent draft history for Belichick and Pioli, it's easy for Patriots fans to expect our Day 1 picks to be solid pickups that contribute right away and even some of our Day 2 picks to have important roles as the season goes on.

Keep in mind that every single year fans come over hear and tell us about how we lost such-and-such players and they've gotten so much better so we're screwed. So it's easy to understand why people started trashing you.

Crazy Patriot Guy said:
I wasn't comparing Branch and Chambers, just that you were calling our #2 WR our best WR. Branch may not have some of the numbers that other top WRs do but he always seems to make big plays and big catches when we need them.

You said it yourself, you're "taking shape." That means you're not done. We're not done either. We could land a WR in the draft that steps into the #2 spot right away. We could take a LB that gives us enough depth to rotate players out and negate the loss of McGinest. We could draft a kicker in the late rounds that has a good season. If the season started tomorrow, we'd have some holes on this team. We still have five months though. Considering the recent draft history for Belichick and Pioli, it's easy for Patriots fans to expect our Day 1 picks to be solid pickups that contribute right away and even some of our Day 2 picks to have important roles as the season goes on.

Keep in mind that every single year fans come over hear and tell us about how we lost such-and-such players and they've gotten so much better so we're screwed. So it's easy to understand why people started trashing you.

Ok I thought you were comparing Chambers to Branch so that's cleared up. And yeah I don't doubt you guys will draft good but so will Saban as he is our next Don Shula. He found some steals on day two in Travis Daniels and Manny Wright who were our 4th and 5th round picks.

I understand that people have come in here and jumped all over you but you must understand that the past 3 years, you've been in a pretty week division (except when the Jets made the playoffs in 2004). Now you guys have a legitament conteneder and it should be a great race to the finish line with the Dolphins getting the upper hand. ;)

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Ok I thought you were comparing Chambers to Branch so that's cleared up. And yeah I don't doubt you guys will draft good but so will Saban as he is our next Don Shula. He found some steals on day two in Travis Daniels and Manny Wright who were our 4th and 5th round picks.

I understand that people have come in here and jumped all over you but you must understand that the past 3 years, you've been in a pretty week division (except when the Jets made the playoffs in 2004). Now you guys have a legitament conteneder and it should be a great race to the finish line with the Dolphins getting the upper hand. ;)
omg! We have legitament conteneder? What the hell is that!Is that serious?But I dont understand we've always used protection! oh and about Saban being the next Shula....you mean hes gonna stick around 25 years too long?

BradyBirdYazOrr said:
omg! We have legitament conteneder? What the hell is that!Is that serious?But I dont understand we've always used protection! oh and about Saban being the next Shula....you mean hes gonna stick around 25 years too long?

You know crazy patriot guy was starting to give you Pat fans a good name. I was enjoying having an intelegant conversation with a rivaled fan. Then, you come in and start popin off. Shut your retarted mouth because you have no idea what your talking about you incompetant moron!

not even the best team in your own state

Jacksonville
Tampa Bay
University of Miami
Florida State
Miami
University of Florida
Central Florida

Aqua4Ever04 said:
You know crazy patriot guy was starting to give you Pat fans a good name. I was enjoying having an intelegant conversation with a rivaled fan. Then, you come in and start popin off. Shut your retarted mouth because you have no idea what your talking about you incompetant moron!
When you start saying that Culpepper is better than Brady, it's not an intelligent conversation.
And if you want to appear intelligent, you should learn how to spell the word intelligent.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Alright, I've tried it in logical fashion but you've pissed me off. Dolphins sucked for so many years? They have the best winning percentage of any football team all time you ****ing moron. And as for Culpepper and Brady let me show you some #'s ******.

Player........GS...Comp %....Yards... TD... INT YPG Rating
Tom Brady..80....61.9........18035....122...66..225...85.1
Culpepper...80....64.4........20162....135...86..252...91.1

I also know that Daunte is the 5th rated passer of all time.

Don't start tellin me that Brady has 3 super bowls blah blah blah because you and I both know Daunte would have won all those super bowls if he was with New England. If Brady was in Minnesota he wouldn't have won jack either.

Aslo, Marino is twice the quarterback Brady is he just had a worse surrounding cast.

So yes, Daunte is the better quarterback!

EDIT: I edited to make the numbers more clear

all that you just proved is that you are the ******* moron.

Hey stupid!

Aqua4Ever04 said:

Are all Dolphin fans as stupid as you; or are you 12? I am thinking that maybe you were dropped on your head were a baby. :confused:

why are you guys responding????

:trolls:

because it is the interleague forum and its fun

Boston Boxer said:
because it is the interleague forum and its fun

It shouls be named the Troll Forum.

coltshater said:
Are all Dolphin fans as stupid as you; or are you 12? I am thinking that maybe you were dropped on your head were a baby. :confused:

Hey man very good point! You proved a lot in that statement. All you Pats fans are freakin morons and can never admit your faults or wrong doings. One of your fans said the Dolphins have always sucked when they have the highest winning percentage in the 4 major sports of all time.

Boston Boxer said:
all that you just proved is that you are the ******* moron.

And exactly what did you prove in that statement? I see no argument that makes Brady better than Culpepper. Only on of you guys has actully made a legitimate argument for me to consider and debate. You are all dumb except for him. Make a statement, back it up, then maybe we can have a discussion.

A couple of days and no replies. I see I have shut all of you up and you can't come up with a good rebutle. I'll take the win in this debate.

Hey all, I've been on you're guys' site before and I thought I would make a return.

Well anyway, my question is, how do you guys feel about the upcomming '06 season so far? I mean we have much improved and you guys have only gotten worse. How do you guys feel about next season? Do you still think you will own the East or have you realized your reign is over?

Well just trying to get a feel for how Pats fans are reacting to this offseaon, and let's just face it guys, the AFC East, now belongs to the Fins! GO FINS BABY!

Culpepper, Brown, Williams, Chambers, McMichael, Booker, Welker... man you guys should be worried because that is murders row on offense!
Yeah, I guess you did own us in 2006 :rofl:

Nice to see you include Welker in Murderers Row, especially before the 2006 season :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back