PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphin fan here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You wanna know why the Dolphins are scramblying in FA signing players left and right while the Pats are sitting back and doing very little. It's because the Patriots have 11 draft picks, with 6 in the first four rounds, while the Dolphins have only 7 draft picks, with only four in the first four rounds. The Dolphins are forced to sign more players in FA than the Pats, because they have fewer means to get players otherwise.
Here's a chart of the Pats and Dolphins draft picks:

Dolphins
ROUND PK(OVR) NOTES
1 16 (16)
2 19 (51)
3 18 (82)
4 17 (114)
7 4 (212) from Green Bay
7 18 (226)
7 25 (233) from Chicago

Patriots
ROUND PK(OVR) NOTES
1 21 (21)
2 20 (52)
3 11 (75) from Baltimore
3 22 (86)
4 9 (106) from Detroit
4 21 (118)
5 3 (136) from Oakland
6 22 (191)
6 36 (205) Compensatory selection
6 37 (206) Compensatory selection
7 21 (229)

BradyBirdYazOrr said:
6 tds 12 ints wow what an improvement

Check his career numbers...they all beat brady...

The only career numbers I am concerned with is SuperBowls

Welker83 said:
Culpepper: 81 Games played, 81 fumbles
Brady: 80 Games played, 47 fumbles.

You're right, 81 is nearly double Brady's! Man, we're dooooomed.

Context Anyone????

Welker83 said:

Realize that Culpepper has played the majority of his career with Randy Moss. Brady has had Troy Brown and Deion Branch. I love those guys, but they are no where near the same level as Moss.

Feep_FLA said:
I'll say this and forget about this thread. Miami, it would seem, has done a little bit more to improve a team that definately needed it offensively. Miami has a pretty good defense allthough somewhat aging up the middle. Culpepper is a big upgrade over Frerotte, but no games have been played yet. Saban is better coach that Wannstat I believe. Ronnie Brown needs a big, big year. Without resorting to jr high level taunts and jeers I think the Dolphins will be the team for us to beat if we wantto win this division again. A threat, yes, certainly. A matching power?, NO, not yet but the games have to be played and we'll see how things look in December...... Patriots 12-4 Dolphins 10-6. We'll see.

VERY, VERY fair. When there is a legitimate point made, with some basis in sound reasoning, I think most of us - especially here at patsfans.com - are willing to accept that. Not that we always have to agree - 'though in this case I'd say I COMPLETELY agree - but we can accept it.

Thanks for the contribution. Stick around.

Welker83 said:

This Welker poster on the other hand, is full of crap. This is a RIDICULOUS post, showing a junior high-level grasp on football and what is important. Take all the selective stats you want, Welker, I'll stick with one:

Super Bowl Championships - Brady 3, Culpepper ZERO

The guy has the potential to get back to being a terrific, playmaking stud of a QB. That's fine. You should be pleased with that. But trying to make an argument that he's actually PREFERABLE to Brady? You lose ALL credibility. You negate any decent points you could make. Just leave. This isn't that kind of site.

Welker83 said:
Wow, the ultimate in self-delusion: Culpepper is a better QB than Brady.

You are embarrassing yourself.

RIDDLE:

Q: Do you know why Trolls of loser teams come to patsfans.com to brag BEFORE the season starts instead of after?

A: Because they know deep down that after the season they will have nothing to brag about. Best to do it when facts don't burst their pipe-dream bubble.

spacecrime said:
Wow, the ultimate in self-delusion: Culpepper is a better QB than Brady.

You are embarrassing yourself.

RIDDLE:

Q: Do you know why Trolls of loser teams come to patsfans.com to brag BEFORE the season starts instead of after?

A: Because they know deep down that after the season they will have nothing to brag about. Best to do it when facts don't burst their pipe-dream bubble.

They are all really Pats fans Dallas may be America's Team but we are the WORLDS TEAM. Not sure but last count Dolphins fan has had no titles since 1974 ahhh 32 years and counting even the great Dan Marino could not get one BRADY HAS MORE THEN THE WHOLE HISTROY OF THE DOLPHINS!!

Last edited:
The thing about you Pats fans is when we do when the division you'll still be looking for excuses and will be extremly bitter. I just can't wait till we do win the division. Welker83 is right and is saying what I am trying to tell all of you.

The Dolphins have gotten much better and the Patriots have just gotten worse. I think both significantly enough so that the 1 game difference from last year will change. We will be around 12-4 you guys will be around 10-6 or 11-5. That's my predicition. You guys are still good and will still make the playoffs, just not the division.

If we didn't have lousy Gus Frerotte last year we would have beaten you in week 10 taking the series and the division. Now we have that new quarterback who can win games. That's the reason I have for my comments. How is that not a good argument? You can't tell me Culpepper doesn't make our team at least 1 game better than Frerotte.

I did'nt want to have to do this, but...

Attachments

• triumph.jpg
    triumph.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 86
Aqua4Ever04 said:
The thing about you Pats fans is when we do when the division you'll still be looking for excuses and will be extremly bitter. I just can't wait till we do win the division. Welker83 is right and is saying what I am trying to tell all of you.

The Dolphins have gotten much better and the Patriots have just gotten worse. I think both significantly enough so that the 1 game difference from last year will change. We will be around 12-4 you guys will be around 10-6 or 11-5. That's my predicition. You guys are still good and will still make the playoffs, just not the division.

If we didn't have lousy Gus Frerotte last year we would have beaten you in week 10 taking the series and the division. Now we have that new quarterback who can win games. That's the reason I have for my comments. How is that not a good argument? You can't tell me Culpepper doesn't make our team at least 1 game better than Frerotte.

1 game difference, sure.

But to use it as your friggin' gospel? Give me a break.

Are you forgetting this fact?

QB – Tom Brady – 16 games active, 16 starts, sports hernia and shin injury
QB – Doug Flutie – 16 games active, 0 starts, no injury
QB – Matt Cassel – 16 games active, 0 starts, no injury

RB – Corey Dillon – 8 games active, 8 starts, 6 games missed to injury
RB – Kevin Faulk – 8 game active, 1 start, 8 games missed to injury
RB – Patrick Pass – 12 games active, 3 starts, 4 games missed to injury
RB – Heath Evans – Signed on November 2nd, 6 games active, 1 start, 3 games missed to injury

RB – Michael Cloud – Signed on November 5th, Released on November 29th, re-signed on December 2nd, released on December 13th, 6 games active, 0 starts, no injury
RB – Amos Zereoue – Signed on September 28th, Released on November 2nd, 3 games active, 0 starts, no injury

WR – Deion Branch – 16 games active, 16 starts, no injury
WR – David Givens – 13 games active, 13 starts, 3 games missed to injury
WR – Troy Brown – 13 games active, 2 starts, 3 games missed to injury

WR – Tim Dwight – 16 games active, 1 start, no injury
WR – Andre’ Davis – 9 games active, 0 starts, no injury
WR – Bethel Johnson – 11 games active, 0 starts, 4 games missed to injury
WR – Bam Childress – Signed on January 1st, 1 game active, 0 starts, no injury
WR – Michael McGrew – 0 games active, 0 starts, 16 games missed to injury
WR – Cedric James – 0 games active, 0 starts, 16 games missed to injury

TE – Daniel Graham – 9 games active, 9 starts, 7 games missed to injury
TE – Ben Watson – 14 games active, 9 starts, 1 game missed to injury
TE – Christian Fauria – 5 games active, 5 starts, no injury

OT – Matt Light – 2 games active, 2 starts, 14 games missed to injury
OT – Nick Kaczur – 14 games active, 12 starts, 2 games missed to injury
OT – Brandon Gorin – 12 games active, 8 starts, 4 games missed to injury
OT – Tom Ashworth – 14 games active, 10 starts, 2 games missed to injury

OG – Logan Mankins – 16 games active, 16 starts, no injury
OG – Steve Neal – 16 games active, 16 starts, no injury
OG – Gene Mruczkowski – Signed on September 28th, Released on October 10th, Signed on November 16th, 7 games active, 0 starts, no injury
OG – Billy Yates – Signed in November, 4 games active, 0 starts, no injury
OG – Ross Tucker – Signed on December 13th, 1 game active, 0 starts, no injury

OC – Dan Koppen – 9 games active, 9 starts, 6 games missed to injury
OC – Russ Hochstein – 16 games active, 7 starts, no injury

DE - Richard Seymour - 4 games missed to injury
NT - Vince Wilfork - no injury
DE - Ty Warren - no injury

OLB - Rosvelt Colvin - no injury
ILB - Tedy Bruschi - 6 games missed to the stroke recovery
ILB - Mike Vrabel - no injury
OLB - Willie McGinest - no injury

CB - Tyrone Poole - 15 games missed to injury
CB - Duane Starks - 9 games missed to injury
CB - Randall Gay - 11 games missed to injury
CB - Chad Scott - 13 games missed to injury

CB - Asante Samuel - 1 game missed to injury
CB - Ellis Hobbs - no injury

SS - Rodney Harrison - 14 games missed to injury
FS - Eugene Wilson - no injury
S - Guss Scott - 11 games missed to injury
S - James Sanders - 6 games missed to injury

S/CB - Artrell Hawkins (signed in mid-November) - 2 games missed to injury

And oh, did I forget to mention that all of those players in bold will be back outside of Givens, Ashworth, Starks, and Poole (the latter two are addition by subtraction, anyways).

The Pats didn't need to do very much this offseason. Simple nature (injury recovery) did a lot of the work for them.

Also, what's in common about the following players?:

Brady
Branch
Graham
Watson

Light
Mankins
Koppen
Neal
Kaczur

Seymour
Wilfork
Warren

Wilson
Samuel
Hobbs
Gay

They're YOUNG. They're HEALTHY. They're STRONGER. They're FASTER. But they're ALSO EXPERIENCED WINNERS.

Now, let's call some players to mind on this Dolphins defense, in terms of their AGE:

Kevin Carter - 33
Keith Traylor - 37
Vonnie Holliday - 31
Jason Taylor - 32

Donnie Spragan - 30 / Sedrick Hodge - 28
Zach Thomas - 33
Channing Crowder - 23

Let's roll on into the secondary while we're at it:

Will Allen - 28
Andre' Goodman - 28 / Renaldo Hill - 28 / Travis Daniels - 24
Tavares Tillman - 29
Deke Cooper - 29. (a/k/a starting SS in the Jaguars' secondary the Patriots tore apart in January.)

And, quick...name their starting offensive line!:

...too late!

L.J. Shelton.
Jeno James.
Seth McKinney.
Rex Hadnot.
Vernon Carey.

...Ouch!...

Last edited:
One of your Pat fan buddies mentioned that you can plug in any one with Bellichick and you will win. What happend to that?

Aqua4Ever04 said:
One of your Pat fan buddies mentioned that you can plug in any one with Bellichick and you will win. What happend to that?

There is a little thing called the SALARY CAP. When you have an NFL-record 46 or so different starters (enough to fill 2 teams) in one season, there will come a time when you simply run of of money to buy more when even the replacements get injured.

Last edited:
Aqua4Ever04 said:
I just can't wait till we do win the division.
Hmmm. Let's see, ten or twelve years from now...you'll be in high school by then, won't you?

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I don't think that is true, though the last time I checked we won the AFC East last year, and the year before and the year before.

Certainly one reason you sucked so badly lately was because of your coach and front office. The coach is changed, but the front office is still there. You remember the front office. The one that even Dan Marino thought was worthless.

How does it feel when the only decent player you've had in 30 years thinks so poorly of your team that he won't work for them?

"If we didn't have lousy Gus Frerotte last year we would have beaten you in week 10 taking the series and the division. Now we have that new quarterback who can win games. That's the reason I have for my comments. How is that not a good argument? You can't tell me Culpepper doesn't make our team at least 1 game better than Frerotte."

The Dolphins do look improved and I think they'll play the Patriots tough just like they always do. However, you're not being objective at all. All you're talking about is how you were 9-7 and the additions will make you better. Do you honestly think that we got that 10-6 record last year at full strength? We had two starting OL and 6 DBs on IR by midseason. It was learned that Brady played hurt all season. Dillon was injured all season. Seymour missed time. Bruschi didn't play until the 7th game. We still managed to finish 10-6 and easily win one playoff game.

Our schedule is much, MUCH more favorable this year. Not just with the teams we're playing but the order in which we're playing them. We had a ridiculous starting schedule last season with some people calling it the toughest stretch in NFL history.

Also, being objective is knowing that losing Givens, McGinest and Vinatieri does not make us a bad team. Givens was a good #2 WR and we haven't replaced him. But we've won games without him before. McGinest is still a good LB and he'll need to be replaced. But he put up his stats in a few games, it wasn't like he dominated week after week. As for AV, I'll worry about losing him when we have a FG to make with the game on the line. However, he didn't kick well last season at all. With the game on the line, we've definately lost a big time player. As for regular kicking, we haven't lost a ton.

As others have mentioned, we haven't even gotten to the draft yet, it's WAY, WAY too early to start proclaiming the offseason done and you're the better team. Opposing fans told us we were screwed back in 2004 because we had lost both Bobby Hamilton and Ted Washington, two starters on our 3-4 defense. We drafted Vince Wilfork and Ty Warren stepped into the starting line and the defense was just as good that season. It's not like the season starts next week.

Like I said, Cullpepper could very well make you guys much better and he might push you guys past us. But keep in mind that's the exact same thing Bills fans were saying back in 2002. In 01 we barely got past them both times with Alex Van Pelt at QB. They were all certain that Bledsoe was going to make it easy for them. We beat the crap out of Buffalo both games.

Everyone was certain last year that Jordan and Moss would make Oakland one of the better teams in the AFC. It didn't happen.

I'm sure everyone hear is confident in the Patriots this season and I bet most realize that nothing will be handed to us. We still have some moves to make and we're going to be a better team in September than we are today. Proclaiming your greatness 5 months before the season starts is incredibly premature.

spacecrime said:
Hmmm. Let's see, ten or twelve years from now...you'll be in high school by then, won't you?

Ok well you're just an idiot because I probably make more then your broke ass. You can go to hell you idiot!

How does it feel when the only decent player you've had in 30 years thinks so poorly of your team that he won't work for them?

You call Dan Marino decent :eek: Some of you Pats fans even have to admit this guy is a moron. If Dan Marino is a decent football player, Tom Brady is cleaning up the locker room after games.

Crazy Patriot Guy-

This is the best post I've seen by any of you guys on here. Very good points and good logic. My point is just like I said though, we are much better than the 9-7 team we ran out last year. Not just a 10-6 but an 11-5 possibly 12-4 team this year. You guys will be better with the additions of all your injured players.
BUT! You lost some of your most key players from your run. Vinatieri was the best kicker over the last couple of years. He was so clutch and won a lot of games for you.
David Givens was probably your best reciever and face it, you guys have no serious threats at WR.
Willie McGinnest was a big part of your guys' amazing 3-4 scheme that Billichik so masterfully ran.

Our offense is way better than your guys' at this point. We now have an equal quarterback and have way better skill players and our Oline is pretty good also. A lot of you people say that you've never herd of any one on the oline but, we were 4th in sacks allowed had a 900 yard rusher and a 700 yard rusher.

Those are all such huge losses and we have done nothing but make huge strides. Do you understand why I have all this optimism?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back