PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Doesn't this just show what a dumbass Manning is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are some funny commercials. I never thought I'd say it, but Manning is probably one of the funniest guys in football.

I think they're kinda funny. If it actually makes you feel insulted, you either have thin skin and can't laugh at yourself, or hate Peyton so much that you'll take anything he does in the wrong way.

Lastly, do you think he actually wrote those?? Somehow I doubt the company that made them is in the business of insulting their customers.

Those are some funny commercials. I never thought I'd say it, but Manning is probably one of the funniest guys in football.

Funniest? There was somebody writing those commercials for him, y'know.
If you want a funny guy, look no further than Matt Light, he always makes me laugh during interviews.

Funniest? There was somebody writing those commercials for him, y'know.
If you want a funny guy, look no further than Matt Light, he always makes me laugh during interviews.

It's not the lines that make him funny, it's his delivery. You wouldn't think that someone who looks as goofy as he does would say the things that he does. That United Way commercial from SNL was comedy gold.

Matt Light has a good personality and is a good interview, but I wouldn't say he's funnier than Manning. That's just the homer in you talking.

At least in the context of off he field, he embraces the concept of self effacing humor, playing to his perceived thoroughly annoying dufus, I may look goofy but we all know I'm smarter than Eisnetein persona. It's classic you can't laugh at me when you're doubled over laughing with me. Unlike Eli, guys like him even in the face of some annoying on field behaviors that would lead most folks to dislike him. Ted Johnson once said he wanted to hate him, despite what Tom told him, but when he met him he couldn't. He's a pretty cool guy on some levels...apparently. ;)

Last edited:
I don't get it. He actually agreed to make himself look so stupid?? The other "pep talk" one is even worse... he effectively insults anyone who isn't a football player.

http://dropkickmonkey.com/2007/12/12/personalize-your-own-pep-talk-with-peyton-manning/

What a dropkick.

You are out to prove something but about the only thing you're proving is what a whining hater you are. Do you have an actual life, or does it just appear that your wet dream is to take other people down?

The more you try to vault up the Patriots by tearing down another team, the more you look like an idiot with no life, who doesn't get it that there is no need to tear down anybody or anything else. When you're at the top, the need to tear down is nothing but a worn out habit. You don't shed habits very well. You don't adapt very well. You are a dionosaur loser hater from the old days.

I think they're kinda funny. If it actually makes you feel insulted, you either have thin skin and can't laugh at yourself, or hate Peyton so much that you'll take anything he does in the wrong way.

Lastly, do you think he actually wrote those?? Somehow I doubt the company that made them is in the business of insulting their customers.

I think he's pointing out that football players are not the only ones in the entire world who aren't fat pigs.

Actually, when you think about it, it's the exact opposite.

who the hell died and left YOU as the arbiter of who can say what or what content is permissable?
and while you're pontificating from on high in YOUR ivory tower, just what the hell are you inferring here?

You are a dionosaur loser hater from the old days.

THAT'S a pretty sweeping goddaymed generalization from where I sit...and I love the spelling faux pas "dionosaur"...you're either a third grade dropout or you have Dionysius, the God of Wine, on your mind..in which case, lay off the sauce.

While I don't particularly agree with the aforementioned poster's take, I see no need to blast him and denigrate his fandom because he doesn't fit your rigid, Neo-Nazi view of who a Patriot fan should be.

You are out to prove something but about the only thing you're proving is what a whining hater you are. Do you have an actual life, or does it just appear that your wet dream is to take other people down?

The more you try to vault up the Patriots by tearing down another team, the more you look like an idiot with no life, who doesn't get it that there is no need to tear down anybody or anything else. When you're at the top, the need to tear down is nothing but a worn out habit. You don't shed habits very well. You don't adapt very well. You are a dionosaur loser hater from the old days.

Sheesh, put down the coffee and calm down. Man, you went on a rant like the guy train pitbulls for bullfighting.

I too think the commercial is stupid for saying only football players have good abs. It's dumb. Now calm down.

I think most of his commercials are very well done and the Pep Talk commercials, in particular are funny. As was pointed out by others, Peyton shows alot of self-effacing humor and his delivery/timing is very good, IMO.

My only complaint is that they run them all the freakin' time, but that's true with any commercial!

I've tuned out Peyton Manning's commercials. I've pretty much done the same thing with Bob's Discount Furnature and Budweiser. I get less annoyed and my sanity remains intact. :)

I've tuned out Peyton Manning's commercials. I've pretty much done the same thing with Bob's Discount Furnature and Budweiser. I get less annoyed and my sanity remains intact. :)

I know what you mean, if I see anymore of Bob's furniture "talking" to me... :bricks:

I Like Manning's commercials. They have always been funny to me. I'm able to seperate the commercial Manning from the field Manning and hate one while liking the other. Only one I don't like is that Sprint Speed/Manning's Mind commercial.

Last edited:
Funny? In almost every commercial, Manning glorifies himself and belittles the working man.

And so what - you're a know it all equally judgemental front runner from the dynasty days...You're each part of what polarizes what used to be a really intelligent Patriots football fan site. Unfortunately Ian is such a softy we can't shed any or all of you...

The commercials would hysterical to everyone here if a patriot were getting paid millions instead of Manning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots