PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does WR Matt Jones deserve another chance in the NFL in an area of a Patriots need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Does WR Matt Jones deserve another chance in the NFL in an area of a Patriots nee

Nothing but insanity will explain making Aiken anything above WR5, preferably WR6. If Aiken makes this roster as a rotational receiver any higher than that, as opposed to a special teamer, I'll begin the calls for Belichick's firing and psychiatric commitment.
Your too late, again. :p

Re: Does WR Matt Jones deserve another chance in the NFL in an area of a Patriots nee

Nothing but insanity will explain making Aiken anything above WR5, preferably WR6. If Aiken makes this roster as a rotational receiver any higher than that, as opposed to a special teamer, I'll begin the calls for Belichick's firing and psychiatric commitment.

We need a #3 and #4. I am hopeful Tate will be able to step up this season, with Edelman in the slot until Welker can return. I would be willing to look at Jones, Stallworth, or Branch if we can land one of them for the right price. Stallworth and Branch might pick it up more easily having already played with Brady, but I wouldn;t mind seeing what Jones might be able to do.

It would be pretty depressing if we can't find a 700 yard a year wr in the draft and have to go with this guy

I'll take a cokehead any day over a guy that killed someone, Lawrence Taylor was on coke all the time and people sing his praises.
I often confuse the two, except that Jones hasn't done squat, never lived up to the hype, and was an over-paid bust.

But if your criteria in personnel selection runs to cokeheads, then he is a great choice.

With Matt Jones signed in Cinci, I wonder if Lavernues Coles will be cut. He may be a good pick up on the cheap. He was pretty serviceable with the Jets.

With Matt Jones signed in Cinci, I wonder if Lavernues Coles will be cut. He may be a good pick up on the cheap. He was pretty serviceable with the Jets.

Lotta miles on those tires for LC.

We need a #3 and #4. I am hopeful Tate will be able to step up this season, with Edelman in the slot until Welker can return. I would be willing to look at Jones, Stallworth, or Branch if we can land one of them for the right price. Stallworth and Branch might pick it up more easily having already played with Brady, but I wouldn;t mind seeing what Jones might be able to do.

Why not bring in someone who can actually play? Branch is completely washed up and Stallworth & Jones both sat out last year and never lived up to their hype. Not to mention that Stallworth and Branch have hardly been bastions of good health.

The Pats unquestionably have to bring in another above-average WR, one who is semi-reliable or has some upside. Recycling castoffs from years gone by may make a few people feel nostalgic, but it's not a good way to bolster a weak spot on the team.

What a weird season for the Bengals.

Sweeping the Steelers and Ravens then just completely fizzling out with a loss to the Jets of all teams.

Carson Palmer looked so pathetic in that playoff game.

Why not bring in someone who can actually play? Branch is completely washed up and Stallworth & Jones both sat out last year and never lived up to their hype. Not to mention that Stallworth and Branch have hardly been bastions of good health.

The Pats unquestionably have to bring in another above-average WR, one who is semi-reliable or has some upside. Recycling castoffs from years gone by may make a few people feel nostalgic, but it's not a good way to bolster a weak spot on the team.

Branch has more or less been playing on one leg for the past two seasons. I, for one, don't see him being much of an improvement over Sam Aiken at this point. If he were healthy, he'd be one hell of an improvement over Aiken. But that won't be the case.

What a weird season for the Bengals.

Sweeping the Steelers and Ravens then just completely fizzling out with a loss to the Jets of all teams.

Carson Palmer looked so pathetic in that playoff game.

===================================================

I use to think that Carson was going to be the new great thing, obviously not having Housh and Henry hurt, but Carson looked all but washed up in that game completely flat with no touch at all.

He probably had a seperated shoulder or something.:)

I'll put my money on Sam Aiken making the NE roster.

They opening up a new spot for Towel Boy?
That's as close to the team that I want to see him.

They opening up a new spot for Towel Boy?
That's as close to the team that I want to see him.

Come on, muff. He's a pretty good special teamer.

Come on, muff. He's a pretty good special teamer.

If he can make the team as a gunner that's good, but as a WR he is someone I'd rather see on the opposing team....cuz he sux.

If he can make the team as a gunner that's good, but as a WR he is someone I'd rather see on the opposing team....cuz he sux.

Can't say I disagree with that.

I'd rather see local dude Kassim Osgood signed away from SD to be our new ST captain/WR #6, and Sam I Am(Not) Aiken relegated to TC fodder.

Kudos to da Bungles for giving Matt the Nose Jones another chance; and raspberries to Bill for being asleep at the wheel - again.

Aiken = Kelly Washington Jr.

Good on STs - Ghastly as a WR

Sorry to dig up this stinky thread but this made me laugh Report: Bengals signed Jones despite awful workout | ProFootballTalk.com
First, Matt Jones:

"It was one of the worst workouts I have ever seen," one source said of the receiver. "I don't care how fast his 40 time is or was, he's a slow-twitch athlete."

Yet the Bengals signed him anyway? The other source had similar words:

"He obviously has great size, but not even that is much of an advantage when you don't move very fast. He's not really the solution to what we need."
Then again we should have signed him anyway...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back