PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Welker want out of New England?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:confused:

Welker is a tremendous fit for the Patriots scheme. In the 5 years the Brady/Welker duo has been together, there have been

2 SB appearances
3 AFCCG appearances
1 16-0 season
1 14-2 season
1 13-3 season
1 12-4 season
1 10-6 season (Brady's year back from sugery)

2008 was the lost season
2009 was the lost playoff season (Welker injured week 17)

So, only one "healthy" Brady/Welker season hasn't resulted in at least an AFCCG appearance, and that was the 2010 playoff season with the loss to the Jets.

1st SB appearance and 16-0 was in the spread system where he's a more natural fit.
2nd SB appearance we were without Gronk/Hernandez most of season and were running a 3 WR set a lot of the time.

This is all completely beside the point. I already stated Welker is an elite WR. He'd put up good numbers anywhere with any half decent QB. The point is he isn't a natural fit in the natural direction our scheme is developing into.

Had we had Fitzgerald in 2010 we likely make it to the SB- Welker was hurt, but we had no WR that could get separation.

Had we had Fitzgerald in 2011 we likely win the SB- The Giants flooded the box with men to stop the run who just would backout in a zone against the pass and Welker couldn't make them pay deep.

Welker and our offense having success does NOT mean Fitzgerald wouldn't have been an improvement in 2010 to present. That is completely moronic logic to say "Welker played well, therefore it's impossible for it to be any better". Fitzgerald would have been able to win deep and punish teams for loading all 11 players 15 yards deep and in between the numbers.

4 WR's: Lloyd/Boldin/Bowe/Edelman (Could we have Bowe and Boldin for the cost of Welker?)

3 TE's: Gronk/Hernandez/Ballard at TE

5 RB's: Ridley/Vereen/Woodhead/Bolden/Demps

The guy we really need to focus on re-signing is Vollmer.

Thanks for everything, Wes.

Sorry Shmessy, but you are smoking deer antler spray if you believe that the Pats could have Boldin and Bowe for the same amount as Welker. Boldin wants big money. So does Bowe. Bowe want's #1 receiver money. He doesn't deserve it.

Also, Bowe has led the league in dropsies. You all lambaste Welker for the ones he has.... My god, people would be ranting about Bowe even more so than Welker.

Welker want out if the patriots don't want to pay him market rates; it really is that simple. If the patriots think that Welker thinks he's worth more than the pats do, then they can just let him go into free agency and get the best they are willing to pay for.

If the patriots franchise Welker, his agent will tell them to call back a week before the deadline.

1st SB appearance and 16-0 was in the spread system where he's a more natural fit.
2nd SB appearance we were without Gronk/Hernandez most of season and were running a 3 WR set a lot of the time.

This is all completely beside the point. I already stated Welker is an elite WR. He'd put up good numbers anywhere with any half decent QB. The point is he isn't a natural fit in the natural direction our scheme is developing into.

Had we had Fitzgerald in 2010 we likely make it to the SB- Welker was hurt, but we had no WR that could get separation.

Had we had Fitzgerald in 2011 we likely win the SB- The Giants flooded the box with men to stop the run who just would backout in a zone against the pass and Welker couldn't make them pay deep.

Welker and our offense having success does NOT mean Fitzgerald wouldn't have been an improvement in 2010 to present. That is completely moronic logic to say "Welker played well, therefore it's impossible for it to be any better". Fitzgerald would have been able to win deep and punish teams for loading all 11 players 15 yards deep and in between the numbers.

You made what is essentially a baseless claim about Fitzgerald being a better fit. It's essentially the same argument that people made when claiming Welker's catch numbers would go down because of Gronk and Hernandez, only to see Welker put up 240 catches in two seasons. I'm pointing out that Welker as a fit is nothing approaching an issue and is certainly not less of a "natural" fit than Fitzgerald would be, which is what you were claiming. It's really nothing more than that.

I think it's time for Wes to move on. We can use the extra cap space to address our needs on defense, which has been our Achilles heal.

so, is the case being made now that larry fitzgerald would be a suitable replacement?

how would you feel about calvin johnson for welker?

Welker wants he's big pay day if the pats give it to him he will be happy to end he's career with the pats, i say let Welker go see what teams are offering him on the open market he will be 32 and many people around the NFL think he's a system guy that would not put up the same numbers if not for Brady...i dont think there will be a whole lot of teams lineing up to give him 8 million a year in a long term deal

Tired of being unappreciated by fans?

I smell bull****. Welker is extremely well loved around New England and his jersey is one of the top selling kits.

The only place people hate on Welker at all is talk radio after Pats don't win a Superbowl or this site. He wants a payday, nothing else. Wes has everything else in this organization except perhaps a loving owner. He has no right being mad for being benched for Edelman so the team could evaluate the guy.

If the source is true then good riddance but it is farfetched.

so, is the case being made now that larry fitzgerald would be a suitable replacement?

how would you feel about calvin johnson for welker?

Calvin Johnson, 1st round pick, and Suh for Welker. Sounds fair ;)

In this you are very, very wrong.

i dont think there will be a whole lot of teams lineing up to give him 8 million a year in a long term deal

In this you are very, very wrong.

there maybe a team or two willing to pay that kind of money for a 32 year old WR but he will not have he's choice of where he wants to go if all he wants is a big pay day it will be a team with lots of cap space and a average QB

there maybe a team or two willing to pay that kind of money for a 32 year old WR but he will not have he's choice of where he wants to go if all he wants is a big pay day it will be a team with lots of cap space and a average QB

Broncos
Seahawks
Bengals
Colts
Bears
Packers

Those are all teams who are under the cap today, even without making their cuts, are good teams, and could put Welker to very good use.

People pining for Boldin over Welker after all that Welker done is one of the dumbest phenomenon I've witnessed on this board.

Welker has been a top 5 WR in terms of production during his time here. We've gotten to two Super Bowls with him on our team. You freaking people and your obsession with big, fast WRs who lack Welker's production is ridiculous.

You made what is essentially a baseless claim about Fitzgerald being a better fit. It's essentially the same argument that people made when claiming Welker's catch numbers would go down because of Gronk and Hernandez, only to see Welker put up 240 catches in two seasons. I'm pointing out that Welker as a fit is nothing approaching an issue and is certainly not less of a "natural" fit than Fitzgerald would be, which is what you were claiming. It's really nothing more than that.

If you've read much of what this guy says, you'll find out eventually that he is a short bus special. :D

:)

You beat to it.

My list had only 5. I didn't include the packers. I'm not all that clear on their cap constraints; obviously that would be great fit for Welker.

Broncos
Seahawks
Bengals
Colts
Bears
Packers

Those are all teams who are under the cap today, even without making their cuts, are good teams, and could put Welker to very good use.

So let's say that Welker goes. Bummer, because he's perfect for this offense. But if he goes, and Boldin is released, and the Pats sign him, they get a bigger, faster receiver at the same age as Welker, and probably for less money. The question would be: How good would the Pats' offense be if the two main wide receivers were Lloyd and Boldin instead of Lloyd and Welker?

boldin has already said he will retire if he is released..wants to retire a raven. No boldin as a pat

boldin has already said he will retire if he is released..wants to retire a raven. No boldin as a pat

Favre said a lot of BS in his day too. If the Ravens cut him, chances are that he changes his tune. I'm not saying that he will or won't, but, Ed Reed also wants to play for BB also. :rolleyes:

Welker wants he's big pay day if the pats give it to him he will be happy to end he's career with the pats, i say let Welker go see what teams are offering him on the open market he will be 32 and many people around the NFL think he's a system guy that would not put up the same numbers if not for Brady...i dont think there will be a whole lot of teams lineing up to give him 8 million a year in a long term deal

Manning is likely salivating at the thought of Welker hauling in wobblers from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes