PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Troy Brown Play This Week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aluminum seats

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I say yes--he's activated, plays, and gets a catch. The game against Miami is as close to a guaranteed win as is possible in the NFL, much more than the Jets game. The Dolphins are lousy, they actually got their win yesterday, I'm sure Brady & Co. would like to put some points on the board again, etc. So it's a "safe" game to activate him if there ever was one.

Also, since I think keeping him on the team this year is as close to a sentimental move that you'll ever see BB make, I think he'll want to complete it by giving Brown a chance to make a play and have the crowd go wild for him. Which he certainly deserves.

I say yes... while BB will show everyone how serious he is about a perfect season and won't run this like the pre-season game it technically would be were they 13-1 with home field advantage wrapped up throughout the playoffs (they have NOTHING to play for, except for the perfect season)

I think he can put Troy in without risking a loss and it's worthwhile to give Troy some real gametime in case he is needed in the playoffs.

Last edited:
I agree. It makes great sense to get him ready for playoff action. It would be truly fitting if Bingo also was the guy to break the all-time record and become the 22nd Patriot to score a touchdown in '07. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes