PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Troy Brown play in the Super Bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only that wasn't the last time he touched he ball. He had 5 other returns in that game including a very nice one...he averaged 9.2 yards per, compared to Welker's season average of 10.0.

How many muffed punts does Welker have this year? The prosecution rests.

...and he looked slow and old. I love Troy, he's one of my favorite Patriots of all time. But his time has passed... let him enjoy the Superbowl from the sideline and retire as a champion yet again.

You can play rusty guys coming off an injury at the end of the season vs. the Dolphins.

You can't play them in the Super Bowl. Why bother?

Last edited:
Troy has fumbled what, 50% of the punts he's taken this year? I love the guy, but play the best guys on the team please.

agreed. He's a great guy to have on the team, but I just can't see him playing in this game.

I'd rather see him than Hobbs doing kickoff returns. Plus, I *do* believe in good karma, and having Troy Brown on the field in a big game gives it!

When you havn't had contact basicly the entire year it becomes hard to hold on to the football when you do. sSee marvin Harrison vs SD

im pretty sure troy brown was active for the jacksonville playoff game. not positive, but i remember seeing him on the field. i think he could very well play. it all depends on the gameplan and if any injuries come up between now and the game.

He was, I saw him on the sideline in uniform + helmet. I'm not sure if he ever got in the game but...

How many muffed punts does Welker have this year? The prosecution rests.

LOL apparently you didn't watch the week 2 game against SD. Although he did recover his. He has 3 fumbles on the season but all were recovered. Had some killer drops too, but I wouldn't trade him over it. In fact I was part of the original we need Welker campaign.

What you don't grasp is if Welker were to get the wind knocked out of him, who better to play the slot or cover punts... Troy's value is in his experience - something BB values - and versatility - something else BB values.

LOL apparently you didn't watch the week 2 game against SD. Although he did recover his. He has 3 fumbles on the season but all were recovered.

Fumbles during punts? Okay, he did fumble one punt but recovered it...and it wasn't nearly as bad as letting the ball hit you in the facemask and the losing it.

say the pats are up 31-21 with 17 secs to play. do we let troy take the last knee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes