PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does this feel like 2007 abit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIpats88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
not necessarily in terms of names signed, but the fact that Bill seems intent on totally blowing up our receiving corps and starting anew. Back in 2006, the pats lost the AFC championship game to the Colts and Bill went out and got Moss/Welker/Stallworth/Gaffney to get brady some targets

a year ago we had Welker/Lloyd/Edelman/Branch

now, we are looking at a Possible lineup of Amendola/Sanders(if the steelers dont match)/Jones...and if he restructures Lloyd..if all signings happen it will be interesting to see how stuff shakes out in training camp.

thats alot of new targets for Brady, someone who usually liked to have "trust" in his receivers.

Yeah it feels like 07. I think Brady gets his fourth ring in stunning fashion, perfect fashion :D

easy on the sanders talk..i no name reported it...no one else has even mentioned it

Yes, and this feels like another thread someone already started.

every offseason you guys say it feels like 07.

easy on the sanders talk..i no name reported it...no one else has even mentioned it

Really?

New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

1. Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Will be real easy for Patriots to front-load an offer sheet for RFA Emmanuel Sanders. If PITT can't match, it would get NE's 3rd-rd pick.

Expand

2. 5h Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Steelers RFA WR Emmanuel Sanders visiting Patriots today. Pats could sign him to offer sheet that cap-strapped Steelers struggle to match.

Really?

New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

1. Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Will be real easy for Patriots to front-load an offer sheet for RFA Emmanuel Sanders. If PITT can't match, it would get NE's 3rd-rd pick.

Expand

2. 5h Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Steelers RFA WR Emmanuel Sanders visiting Patriots today. Pats could sign him to offer sheet that cap-strapped Steelers struggle to match.

Cool...they mentioned it...no where does it say they actually MADE him an offer

Cool...they mentioned it...no where does it say they actually MADE him an offer

I guess I missed the part where someone wrote that they signed him. Rather, I was pointing out the fact you were talking out of your *****.

Randy Moss, back the brinks truck Thomas , Wes Welker, Gaffney, Stallworth or a Bills receiver who didn't even get a tender and maybe a 34 year old Abrahams. Lets be right its really nothing at all like 2007 at all, even a tiny small minuscule little bit

every offseason you guys say it feels like 07.

its every offseason that Bill decides to jettison every WR on the team and sign a whole new crop??

OP: We already had Gaffney from the 2006 season, but I know what you're saying. However I'm not getting the same kind of vibe just yet. The Donald Jones signing gives me Sam Aiken flashbacks, even if they're not the same kind of player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes