Welcome to PatsFans.com

Does this disqualify Giuliani?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +567 / 22 / -19

Let me begin by saying, there's a lot I like about Giuliani, and would consider him over someone like Hillary. But, when I read this, I thought, Gee, what a s!it he is. I was not aware that he announced his divorce in this way.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/11/w...1173568652-3JbEj5x3QvTMiQVICNWsmw&oref=slogin

The most damaging aspect of Andrew Giuliani’s remarks could come down to his surely unintended role as a town crier. He clued the rest of the country into what has long been common knowledge back home — how the former mayor treated his second wife, Ms. Hanover. In a performance that astonished even jaded New Yorkers, Mr. Giuliani declared his intention to divorce her at a news conference, catching Ms. Hanover unawares.

2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +452 / 12 / -14

IIRC this happened in the context of MS Hanover trashing Rudy in the press for an extended period of time. Neither saide came off looking good.

3. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

there is no way Guiliani will survive the primaries. Not only are his social views too liberal for most Republicans who are, as of yet, unaware of these positions, but his personal past, which made him a laughingstock by 9/10/01, will all come out.
    There is more to being President than walking around with dust on your head.

4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Rudi??? married three times? a crossdresser on some 6 different occassions? nope, not gonna sit well with middle evangelical america...

i hate to resort to slimey Pub tactics like this, but ... we learned our lesson in 04 when we had Bush on the ropes and didn't fight back with their Rovian tactics... and, ... well... fair is fair...

5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

No.

Funny how we've not heard anything from Chelsea Clinton since her dad's infamous cigar incident with Monica. Oh, that's right: the Clintons put the media on notice: "you will *never* speak about our daughter, ever". And we all know about the "friendly" relationship the Clintons have with all the Old Media. So the spike for all things Chelsea. Might be interesting, however, to get HER take on her mom's success/suitability as a mother, as wife, as a potential chief executive. Maybe someday.

Be that as it may, Rudi at least he understands the stakes in dealing with radical Islamists, and he would stand up to them, unlike any of the Dem candidates. Hillary has waffled all over the place and is as untrustworthy as they come when it comes to standing up to terrorism.

//
    //

Last edited: Mar 12, 2007
  6. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +778 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

I don't care how he got divorced - the fact that he's in favor of killing babies is why he won't get my vote in the primary; I would still vote for him over whichever Democrat is nominated in the General Election though (as it's a given that the Democrat would be pro baby killing too).

7. Patters

Ratings:
    +567 / 22 / -19

Not sure what your point is here. Do you have an iota of evidence that Chelsea has issues with her parents, or is this simply one of your fantasies?

Sort of hard to get an honest answer out of you, Fog. I guess you really are just a follower. Once you find a belief to follow, you're willing to spout whatever lies you're told. On the other hand, perhaps you can offer examples of how Hillary has waffled and how she is untrustworthy in standing up to terrorism.

8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +814 / 26 / -33

Thought he was disqualified before this, his multiple marriages thought would distance himself from the party of family values... now this stuff, do not know how he can be supported by this party.. but then again never know. He is starting to make a lot of enemies, the NY firemen and there is still a very big spectre of doubt about the quality of air in Manhattan after 9-11, he acts strong, but a lot of his strength can be debunked if looked at closely.

9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +896 / 7 / -3

You did? :D

The only thing that will take down Rudi is the skeletons of his past. If he survives the nomination, he'll most likely win the presidency. This is the reason why he'll get smeared early. The Dems know that they can't have him heads up against one of their candidates. In a heads up, repubs will vote for him to not vote for Hillary, Edwards, or Obama. IMO anyway. Rudi is going to try to pit his leadership aka, 9/11, versus his past & handful of liberalish views.

10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,118 / 3 / -10

Listen Closely,
    Chelsea Clinton, she is not Bill Clintons daughter, Billy had the Mumps when he was twelve years old, it left him Sterile, that is the reason Billy would never allow his medical records to become public during his presidency, Billy Blue Dress is incapable of fathering a child.

Chelsea's real father is Webster Hubble, go find a picture of Webster, look closely at it.
    :bricks:

11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +896 / 7 / -3

Fog, that's an interesting point. How come they haven't gone to Hillary's daughter Chelsea? I don't know the circumstances of Rudi's kid & his interview, but it is fair to wonder.

12. Patters

Ratings:
    +567 / 22 / -19

It's pretty obvious that Andrew Giuliani agreed to do the interview and wanted to say some things about his estranged father. I imagine other candidates kids are closer to their parents and, thus, follow the edicts of the campaign manager. Though not directly related, I think even more interesting is how come no one's trying to find out who fathered Mary Cheney's baby. That's just the sort of sensationalism that right-wingers who watch Fox news like (at least based on their huge fascination with Anna Nicole rather than Walter Reed). Wonder why Fox is avoiding that topic?

13. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Quite simple: the Clintons read the riot act to the media and said Chelsea was 100% out of bounds, period. No questions asked.

One must wonder, of course, what the Clintons could have done about it, but I guess if someone were to have written about Chelsea that news outlet would have been cut off completely from future interviews, maybe even lose their seat at the presidential press room, etc.

Who knows? Maybe there's some truth to the "Arkansas mafia" we heard so much about in the 90s. You know, Mena Airport, cocaine deals involving Roger Clinton, Vince Foster's apparent suicide, etc., etc.

//

14. Patters

Ratings:
    +567 / 22 / -19

I think it's pretty obvious Chelsea gets along very well with her parents, and unlike Andrew Giuliani is simply following the protocol set out by the Hillary campaign. You're just jealous because they're better parents than Moon, at least if you consider the suicide of a child a failure by a parent.

Seen any UFO's lately? Wonder if Bush ordered the planes crashed into the WTC?

15. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Better make that: "Rudi is going to get smeared early and often by the partisan machine."

The moveon.org people are going to open about ten more web sites just to knock out Rudi.

But I think the Repub candidate may be someone else. Definitely NOT McCain (he's a little unstable, missing a few cards from the deck, iykwim.)

//

//

16. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Guess you didn't want to read my answer the way I stated it, and instead choose to read it the way you wanted to.

What I said was: isn't it curious why there has not been any word from Chelsea Clinton about *either* of her parents; and I answered my own question by realizing that the Clintons have put the kibosh on *any* media reports about Chelsea, save for her having lunch with Madonna.

About your contention regarding my answers: Au contraire, mon frere!! Honesty is what it is all about, Pat. Any perusal of Hillary's back-and-forth statements on Iraq -- how she's for it, voted for it, supported it one day; then to another audience on another day, she's totally against it -- she is doing the classic of playing both sides against the middle. Also known as "triangulation"; Bill was a master at it.

She's trying to be all things to all people. In so doing, she reveals her own lack of substance. She is just a desperately ambitious political hack, not even close to being a leader, let alone a stateswoman.

//

17. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You don't have limit, do you? All someone has to do is say they oppose homosexuals getting special privileges that regular people don't have, and you go into a rage.

Sorry for you, Patters. You make a choice so now you have to live with the consequences; no one can change the rules just for you. Even God follows the same rules we all must.

//

18. Patters

Ratings:
    +567 / 22 / -19

Actually, I oppose straight people getting special privileges, such as marriage, the right to give their SS to their spouses when they die, etc. But, that's beside the point. If you're going to attack people I admire, the Clintons, I'll do the same to people you admire. C'est la vie.

So you speak on behalf of God, and all but the small number of people who follow your church are in the wrong? That's awfully arrogant Fog.

19. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,118 / 3 / -10

I feel very sorry for Chelsea Clinton, she has quite a burden to carry, I wonder if her parents ever stopped to think of the "Humiliation & Shame" that would be put on her as a result of their "Sh!t".

They probably couldn't help themselves, they are Trailer Park Trash.

20. Patters

Ratings:
    +567 / 22 / -19

Chelsea is an adult, and free to respond to any interview requests she wants. As I said, I think she loves her parents or is at least loyal to them, and has chosen to say nothing. I'm sure she'll talk up when the campaign gets more underway, and she'll probably not say anything you want to hear.

Actually, she voted to authorize Bush to go to war, and she's defending that vote. But, at this point in time, like many Republicans too, she opposes the handling of the war and believes we must get out of Iraq.

I don't like Hillary because of her view of what it is to be a Democrat. She started off as a moderate Republican, and I think she still holds many of these views, as did her husband. I don't think she's been particularly inconsistent or played the political hack. She's been terribly consistent and for that reason most liberals are no longer supporting her. While on civil rights issues she remains consistently a liberal, on issues like Iraq, flag burning, and budget she remains a conservative within the Democratic Party. Can you cite any examples where she has been inconsistent?