PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does this accurately portray the NFL and media stance on Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I am having a real hard time figuring out why this whole thing wasn't thrown out once the math proved there was no air missing from the footballs.

Was trying to think of a decent analogy of this whole “deflate gate” situation and came up with this.

1. You have a bank. Call it bank A

2. On Monday a Rival Bank (Bank B) accuses the bank manager of Bank A of stealing money from his own bank (Bank A). Bank B is able to make this claim because they were able to illegally check the amount of money in the bank A’s accounts and saw that there was less cash there Monday then there was Sunday.

3. On that Monday the bank manager (Brady) has additional correspondence with the security guards of Bank A trying to figure out what happened.

4. Initial leaks to the media reported cash difference was twice what was typically taken out in that time period. This is never changed.

5. Texts between security guards going back over the last year revealed the statement “I’m stealing”

6. After not correcting initial reports, investigators find that withdrawals for that weekend actually were in line with normal withdrawals. However when they added up all the withdrawals they found that there was still money missing (albeit only a negligible amount) and that the phrase in the text “I’m stealing” by the security guard was enough to determine that the bank manager must be guilty of stealing.

7. Media continue to hang the bank manager in the court of public opinion.

8. Then 3 separate independent auditing firms come back and say the initial investigation failed to account for the ATM withdrawal fees. They then show that when they do the proper math, even the negligible amount is accounted for. NO MONEY IS MISSING FROM THE BANK.

9. However the district attorney still think the bank manager stole the money (which is not missing from the bank) because of one line in a text message to a security guard which has no context.

10. Media pundits (Local Mass radio hosts) also still say Brady is guilty of stealing the money which has not been stolen because he had additional correspondence with the security guard and the text message between security guards.

11. The only illegal activity that can actually be proven to have occurred (Bank B looking at Bank A's accounts) is never even addressed.

Am I wrong?

This to me is how this is playing out.

Once the science determined that the ball deflation was 100% natural, how is this even a case anymore?

I am having a real hard time figuring out why this whole thing wasn't thrown out once the math proved there was no air missing from the footballs.

Was trying to think of a decent analogy of this whole “deflate gate” situation and came up with this.

1. You have a bank. Call it bank A

2. On Monday a Rival Bank (Bank B) accuses the bank manager of Bank A of stealing money from his own bank (Bank A). Bank B is able to make this claim because they were able to illegally check the amount of money in the bank A’s accounts and saw that there was less cash there Monday then there was Sunday.

3. On that Monday the bank manager (Brady) has additional correspondence with the security guards of Bank A trying to figure out what happened.

4. Initial leaks to the media reported cash difference was twice what was typically taken out in that time period. This is never changed.

5. Texts between security guards going back over the last year revealed the statement “I’m stealing”

6. After not correcting initial reports, investigators find that withdrawals for that weekend actually were in line with normal withdrawals. However when they added up all the withdrawals they found that there was still money missing (albeit only a negligible amount) and that the phrase in the text “I’m stealing” by the security guard was enough to determine that the bank manager must be guilty of stealing.

7. Media continue to hang the bank manager in the court of public opinion.

8. Then 3 separate independent auditing firms come back and say the initial investigation failed to account for the ATM withdrawal fees. They then show that when they do the proper math, even the negligible amount is accounted for. NO MONEY IS MISSING FROM THE BANK.

9. However the district attorney still think the bank manager stole the money (which is not missing from the bank) because of one line in a text message to a security guard which has no context.

10. Media pundits (Local Mass radio hosts) also still say Brady is guilty of stealing the money which has not been stolen because he had additional correspondence with the security guard and the text message between security guards.

11. The only illegal activity that can actually be proven to have occurred (Bank B looking at Bank A's accounts) is never even addressed.

Am I wrong?

This to me is how this is playing out.

Once the science determined that the ball deflation was 100% natural, how is this even a case anymore?

The poster who did the Dreyfuss Affair thread a couple of days ago hit the nail on the head.

yes this is a great analogy

nice work

but for our case, the bank manager Brady was also dragged through months of being called a cheater, will never get his rep back and will more probably than not be fired from the bank

Simple answer, the person doing the accusing had a grudge against the accused and thought he had him dead to rights, now proven wrong doesn't have the courage to admit he made a mistake and didn't realize atm money would be deducted and didn't account for it, once he had public opinion on his side he rolled with it. The bank president also doesn't have the courage to step in and put a stop to it since he spent 5 million of bank stockholders money on a faulty audit.

I like the analogy except for the fact that stealing money from a bank is a legit crime. Maybe instead of being accused of stealing money, bank A's manager should be accused of stealing a dozen paper clips, then the U.S. Department of the Treasury dispatches agents to spends 4 months investigating these 12 paper clips.

The media is math challenged, they never learned to count money.

Common sense is so far out the window we are dealing with 2 things.

1. Stupidity

2. Willful Distortion

the media made up there minds as soon as the mort report came out.
complete and utter ****...nothing but lies but nobody cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back