Welcome to PatsFans.com

Does the Pats raising ticket prices, mean we are losing a home game this yr???

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Sean Pa Patriot, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Was thinking about it, there has be a rumor, that the Pats and Denver will be playing in edmonton , and that means the Pats lose a home game..

1 I hope they dont lose a home game for the simple fact, at San Fran , at San Diego, at Seattle, at Oakland, get it 5 games in the west coast, means we wil play at least 1 game and more than likley 2 games in month on the west coast... OUCH

2 Home field advantage not just in the reg season, but the home field advantage in the playoffs is important ...

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +516 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

Re: Does the Pats raising ticket prices , mean we are losing a home game this yr???

I have no idea but if it happens I'm pissed and it's a hit to our competitive advantage - maybe Sphincter should investigate. It's this kind of thing which will move me away from being an NFL fan within the decade; too much making money and not enough concern about the fans or the product on the field.

3. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Re: Does the Pats raising ticket prices , mean we are losing a home game this yr???

If the Pats decide to play Denver in Edmonton, not only will we be losing a home game, we will essentially be giving Denver more of an advantage travel-wise and they would likely get a larger representation of fans. Bad decision all-around.

4. SeanBruschi54

SeanBruschi54 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

No because they were going to raise ticket prices regardless.

5. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

And it would be the equivalent of a 5th west coast game based on miles traveled....

6. dhamz

dhamz In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I seriously doubt the home team loses a single dollar of revenue for things like game abroad.

My guess is the NFL actually makes sure they make more $ from the ticket sales abroad than they would have at home as an incentive for them to participate.

7. JoePats

JoePats In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I doubt they are related.

The Dolphins lost a home game because of London this past season, and the NFL paid them their average single-game revenues or something like that, so its not like the Dolphins lost money on the deal.

8. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

They do lose the home game but I believe they are well compensated for the loss of ticket revenue, so I don't think this relates to the ticket increase. Basically the only ones getting screwed are the fans.

9. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 5 / -19

#61 Jersey

Even if we did lose the game, season ticket holders wouldn't be refunded. They'd just apply the one-game ticket charge to next year's invoice.

10. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

and the vendors....and the hotels and restaurants and those who depend on Pats games 10 games a year...plus playoffs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.