PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does the NFL do this on purpose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the Jets will be better at anything outside of WR. Jason Taylor is about as washed up as it gets. And I was saying that when there was supposedly interest in the guy from the Pats. I didn't want him here. He was always a liability against the run but his pass rushing skills greatly diminished over the last couple of years. He's just with the Jets hoping for a Super Bowl at this point. Their offense revolved around the run last season and they lost their best run blocking offensive lineman and replaced him with a rookie who isn't even taking snaps with the first string in preseason games.

They lost Thomas Jones and replaced him with Shonn Greene (who I like), but also lost the most dangerous third down man in the division (who looks good with Seattle so far) and replaced him with Joe McKnight, who never impressed at USC and looks to be a bust waiting to happen. Contract negotiations appear to be going swimmingly with their young franchise center... not so much with their All-Pro CB whom the defense revolves around. They will either pay him something approaching $16M/year (which will handicap the salary cap when a new CBA is agreed upon) or they will lose him.

So, outside of Santonio, I'm not sure how they got better. Even then, Holmes will be out of the line-up when they will need him the most, which is early in the season. On top of that, Sanchez has looked absolutely terrible with what little time he has seen in the preseason and has his OC pretty much begging him to forget about bad throws. With all of this in mind, I'm not really sure how the Jets have gotten better.

You are right about what you said about Taylor even when the Pats were going after him. You are not a homer, you see things how they are. I agree that Taylor is nearing the end of the career and he isnt as talented as he once was. Taylor wasnt brought on to be a starter though. He was brought in to be a solid backup and provide leadership. I dont think he will have a huge impact but he will have some impact in a positive way.

You didnt say anything about the LT signing. Yeah they lost Washington and Jones but they gained LT. While the best years are behind him he can definitely still play at a high level. He isnt an every down back anymore, but he doesnt have to be because thats what Greene will be. That tandem will be one of the best in the league.

I am not that big on Sanchez either, but the Jets offensive is based on the running game not the passing game. Holmes gives Sanchez a dependable guy to throw to and although he is missing the beginning of the year he will definitely be a player for them. I think the Jets defense remained the same (one of the best in the league) and got a little better on offense, I think they will be better than 8-8 thats for sure.

You are right about what you said about Taylor even when the Pats were going after him. You are not a homer, you see things how they are. I agree that Taylor is nearing the end of the career and he isnt as talented as he once was. Taylor wasnt brought on to be a starter though. He was brought in to be a solid backup and provide leadership. I dont think he will have a huge impact but he will have some impact in a positive way.

You didnt say anything about the LT signing. Yeah they lost Washington and Jones but they gained LT. While the best years are behind him he can definitely still play at a high level. He isnt an every down back anymore, but he doesnt have to be because thats what Greene will be. That tandem will be one of the best in the league.

I am not that big on Sanchez either, but the Jets offensive is based on the running game not the passing game. Holmes gives Sanchez a dependable guy to throw to and although he is missing the beginning of the year he will definitely be a player for them. I think the Jets defense remained the same (one of the best in the league) and got a little better on offense, I think they will be better than 8-8 thats for sure.

With all of these (admitted) back-ups coming in and replacing good starters, I'm not sure where you see the improvement coming from with the Jets. They lost Thomas Jones and replaced him with Shonn Greene. I liked Greene, but I have to admit that his running style isn't conducive to playing an entire season injury free. They replaced Shonn Greene's young and powerful legs on third down with LT, who has looked like a RB whose wheels are falling off, and will be the starter should Greene go down. And they replaced the best third down receiving back in the East with Joe McKnight. On top of that, they lost Faneca, who immensely helped to open holes for all of those backs. They have appeared to take a few steps back in that department.

We can agree on Taylor. At this point, he should be relegated to playing back-up duty. However, Tubby hasn't brought him in to be a back-up. He brought him in to be a starter, as evidenced by the amount of playing time he's been getting with the ones so far this preseason. Personally, everything considered, I think the Jets are in for one of the most disappointing seasons in their history. And that's saying a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back