Welcome to PatsFans.com

Does the Media Know How to Spell "Indian Ocean"?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, May 26, 2009.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,763 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

What do India, Pakistan. Iran, Somalia, Sri Lanka etc... have in common? The Indian Ocean where China is increasing it's power on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Why isn't the media covering the defeat of the Tamil Tigers? What countries are increasing their navy and bases in the Indian Ocean area? Hmmm China and Iran to name a few. Oh, one more thing ... what country is cash strapped and is almost powerless to do anything about this ... USA perhaps?

[​IMG]

This is not a bash Obama thread ... however ... under his watch and he is preoccupied with many problems China is flexing it's monetary, military, energy muscles big time in that area. Especially energy ... Press Coverage's favorite topic. China is solidifying it's energy supply lines in the area.

The Indian Ocean area could well be the scene of a possible WWIII. North Korea sees all this and is flexing it's muscles because China wants peace in the area as it's influence grows. China has been cutting back on North Korea and they can cause major problems for China in the Indian Ocean area.

Iran is using Israel as an excuse but Iran is worried for it's own security in this area and is surrounded by nuclear countries. They need to be nuclear to be a power player in the area. Did I mention that the USA may be intentionally letting Iran go nuclear ... keeping Israel at bay because Iran will help keep Pakistan, India and China in check.

Imagine Iran as a power player and an ally of the United States ... it may be happening right before our eyes as the energy situation changes the face of world power.

I may have some of my facts a bit jumbled here ... and there is no story I can find that ties it all together. But I have read enough stories lately to believe that this poorly written thread may actually be the story in world news in the next few years and decade to follow.

Feel free to chime in here ... this is big stuff and the MSM is asleep at the wheel on this major ... very major story. Instead of telling the whole story it's telling the story piecemeal ... but it is all connected. Did I forget to mention Russia - Georgia and NATO. Did I mention that NATO wants more bases and it's own navy in the Indian Ocean area ... ahhh too much to write in one thread. Social security and Medicare are minor stories to this one my forum friends.

2. efin98

efin98 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

New ships and new technology are on the way...next generation of destroyers just started construction and should be with the fleet in three or four years. Next generation joint strike aircraft should be with the fleet shortly so they are ready for future problems.

I'm not concerned with their above water naval ships, they can be handled by subs and aircraft. I'd be more concerned with their missile technology like how good are their anti-ship and anti-aircraft systems? How good are their long range missile systems? Questions like those scare me more than anything in conflicts over there...

Last edited: May 26, 2009
  3. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,763 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

A power struggle in that area is a mjor problem for the world. It's not a war we need to worry about winning. China is solidifying it's influence in the region at the same time they are pulling back on their purchase of our debt. There are major connections here and none of them are good news for us. Why is the media burying the Tamil Tiger story ... that in itself is a huge story. Why is the media burying that Iran's is opening new bases in the area? Too much to list really. The Caspian Sea was supposed to be the story .. now it's the Indian Ocean and energy and political power. China now will build a mega naval base in Sri Lanka ... the media is asleep at the wheel.

4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

My favorite topics include Danica Patrick in heels and a silky dinner dress, NFL football, and check-raising mouthy drunks at Foxwoods.

:cool:

Energy is only the most frightening, not a favorite. And we must face our fears.

Regardless, corporate America has no one to blame but itself. It's our CEOs who made China the economic super-power it is today, and they did so for the sake of their own profit. Treason, if you ask me. To others, it's just "free market" tactics.

5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +703 / 20 / -30

The situation in Pakistan is troubling, the reemergence of the Taliban and subsequent events have led to a great amount of instability in this area..difficult to believe that their army cannot stop them.. read somewhere where the Pakistan Gov't has just allowed certain areas to be taken over by them.. when you look at the map, the implications are obvious.

As far as the Tamil Tigers go, heard a lot on the radio.. maybe because I tend to listen to a lot of NPR and their BBC feeds.. maybe it was downplayed on network news of which I do not listen often.

6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

CHINA DOES NOT GO TO WAR BEYOND THEIR IMMEDIATE BORDERS!
    They never have in their 6000-year history. To think they will ever do it shows a willful ignorance about their history.
    Stop the war drums. Talk like this thread only feeds the Military Industrial Complex who, as we know, can drum up a war whenever they need a production boost for the stockholders.

This thread is a fantasy. China will not start a global war.

7. godef

godef In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I tend to agree with this. China has built a huge economic base along with its varied military bases, and they would be absolute fools to start any wars and screw up their economy when the rest of the world begins boycotting their products. Does any one here feel Japan will ever be a threat again? Same reasons apply.

China is doing nothing more than what the US has done for decades. Building their influence. But let's hope they don't start any phony wars.

8. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Not even. Economically, yes. But when it comes to projecting power militarily and politically with foreign excursions and bases, the US pulls sh!t that the Chinese would never even consider.

9. efin98

efin98 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The problem can be handled from our end...just by staying out and letting them work their problems out themselves. China isn't stupid enough to screw around with people who would gladly kill all their people to make a point of dominance.

The Tamil Tigers situation is par the norm for the media- they barely acknowledged anything was going on there in the first place let alone reporting the end of the struggles. They don't do anything with any of the countries there when it comes to news unless it involves Americans or a scandal- it's just the way they work.

Calm down, take a step back from the ledge, take an anti-anxiety pill. It isn't the end of the world :rolleyes:

10. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

We should be thankful they aren't pre-emptively war-like (like us). If they were, they could have probably conquered the entire world about 900 years ago after inventing the compass and gunpowder. Their biggest problem was closing itself off to the world while Europe entered its Dark Ages.

Last edited: May 27, 2009
  11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +824 / 7 / -2

Not directly they haven't.

12. godef

godef In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

That's more or less what I was alluding to.

13. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

More?.....Stop teasing!:mad:

14. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,763 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

She finished 3rd at Indy ... :woot: