PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does the loss affect Moss's decision?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

Virtual Internet Person
Reaction score
Will losing the Super Bowl affect Randy Moss' decision to return to the Pats in any way? Obviously, during a previously perfect season there was no reason for him to consider any other contenders as possible destinations, but now?

I'm curious to hear the thoughts of my clear-thinking and well-informed fellow fans.

After ALL the bad teams he has played on, and seeing this is his First ever SB he played in. I think he likes playing football again, and he enjoys a chance to win. The guy has 5 more years and he will end them as a Patriot.

He has basically no endorsements, if he wins a ring as a model citizen in NE, he will make money for ever after his career is over, which is worth 10 times more than a little more money right now.

I believe Moss already said that they wouldn't have to break the bank to sign him, but if some other team signed him, they would have to break the bank.

He wants to be here... get it done.

i don't think that it will affect his decision at all.

He has played football for 10 years and he didn't break any record UNTIL he is a pats receiver. As a member of 18-0 team, he feels good about it.

Pats will come back and win another SB if we fix whatever problem we are having.

This year is going to be an interesting year for Pats team because we have a lot of things going on in the next few months and if pats survives the scandal, Moss's lawsuit, keeps key players, and draft well, we still have a potential to go for 19-0 again in 08.

Last edited:
I'm not concerned with that right now. I'd hope Randy decides to come back, and I can't see any way the organization would not want him back unless new details come out in that court case. Even if nothing criminal comes of it, if he's found liable for an undisclosed injury Mr. Kraft might feel pressured into letting him go. Also, something being overlooked is, if the organization takes the position of "we'll see how the court thing plays out" before resigning Randy, Randy could feel slighted that he's not trusted and demand more money.

It would be nice to have him back and Chad Jackson realize the potential that so many of us think he has....lining him up on the other side of the ball would be great. We surely need another option as teams now will focus on shutting down Moss with a double and triple team...

Well if he still wants to win, there is no organization that has a better chance to win the superbowl and I think he knows it too.

He's not going anywhere because I don't think the Pats want to upset Brady after what happened with Deion a few years ago. Moss wants to stay, they want him to stay, and most importantly, Brady loves playing with him.

However, I think not winning a Super Bowl could influence Donte to stay for a lower rate rather than leave. The guy just got a taste of the super bowl, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's willing to take a little less to come back and make another run at it, especially after all those years in New Orleans (he did make the playoffs with the Eagles last year, but I forget if he played or was injured).

winning a SB is not an issue for Pats but being a member of 19-0 Pats team is a good decision because this team has the ability to do that. We almost did it and we will try again.

Pats has the ability to transform any player into a SUPER star. Welker was NOBODY until he joins Pats. He broke or tied nearly every NFL record during regular season and SB within 5 MONTHS. The same can be said about Moss.

Marouney did not RUSH the entire season. He only did that 1/3 of a regular season and he is ranked third or fouth in NFL RUSHER.

It is amazing and incredible. Staying with Pats is a no brainer decision.

Last edited:
winning a SB is not an issue for Pats but being a member of 19-0 Pats team is a good decision because this team has the ability to do that. We almost did it and we will try again.

Pats has the ability to transform any player into a SUPER star. Welker was NOBODY until he joins Pats. He broke or tied nearly every NFL record during regular season and SB within 5 MONTHS. The same can be said about Moss.

Marouney did not RUSH the entire season. He only did that 1/3 of a regular season and he is ranked third or fouth in NFL RUSHER.

It is amazing and incredible. Staying with Pats is a no brainer decision.
screw 19 and 0 .i just want the pats to hoist another lombardi trophy .

The only other place he can logically go and still have the opportunity to play with a good QB and have a chance at winning is Indy or Green Bay. Maybe even the Giants!

The lombardi is the goal, but 19-0 next season would be redemption with a cherry on top.

The lombardi is the goal, but 19-0 next season would be redemption with a cherry on top.

Which wont happen, but if it does...
32-0 in the regular season is pretty phenominal...

Moss was upset and beat up after that game, his comments were spot on as far as the play of the Patriots in that game. I honestly think he's happy he proved himself to be an elite receiver, but this isn't how he wants to end his career at NE, he'll be back, most everyone will be back. I'm even thinking Asante may not be as interested in absolute top dollar like he was last year, we'll see in a month or two.

It would be nice to have him back and Chad Jackson realize the potential that so many of us think he has....lining him up on the other side of the ball would be great. We surely need another option as teams now will focus on shutting down Moss with a double and triple team...

Chad Jackson ? Who is he (sarcastic)? Seriously, this is this guy's year to prove himself....If he comes up with another hammy or is still having trouble learning the O....cut his a##.....because he is a bust.....I am leaning towards him being the latter,.....hope like heck I am wrong because I was so high on this guy coming out of college.......we shall see,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back