PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does the Giants/Packers game worry anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdmaverick

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Does the Packers and Giants divisional game worry anyone?

It has me worried. After all, the Packers have been almost a clone of the Pats, except that this year they have been better at it. Rodgers has been slinging the ball around, throwing TDs left and right. He spreads the ball around amongst his receivers, including a very talented tight end. Their running game is nothing to worry about, but is serviceable. Their defense is just like ours, giving up lots of yards and points, but one could argue that they even have more playmakers (Matthews, Woodson) than us.

Does the fact that the Giants have already beaten up on them make anyone else feel uneasy? Or do we just write this off as a result of the Packers flat out dropping passes?

I like our offensive line a lot better than theirs. Even moreso considering their injuries.

Their line was injured and they left a lot of plays on the field. That game isn't a blowout if they can complete a few key passes that were dropped and if they don't somehow give up a hail mary at the end of the half for a TD.

Unlike with the Packers nobody in the media is picking the Pats to win against the Giants

Their receivers dropped a TON of passes. I don't believe our punt returners are stupid enough to let the ball bounce and THEN try and return it..

The Packers problem was that they didn't stick to their run game enough..

I think that with how BJGE is running, we'll actually use him more.

What will be interesting is how the Giants will handle Welker, Gronk and Hernandez.. Particularly if they can't get pressure up the middle on stunts and twists like they have in the past..

The giants played a great game against them and the Niners as well but I really feel like they(niners and packes) made some crucial errors that cost them in the end. The Pats got a couple of breaks at the end as well but if Brady doesn't go full ****** and throw that ball to Slater, I firmly believe we would have killed the game right then and there.

cliffs: we can't give them extra opportunities (Brady, Edleman, Woodhead, Sergio Brown, Im talking to you.)

I addition to the people that posted the fact that our O-line is better, I will also say that our running game is better. Despite the fact that the team doesn't use it as much as we'd like, I like what I've seen out of it the past two seasons. Heck, we have a TE that can run the ball. The Packers currently have no rushing attack to speak of. That definitely makes a difference, IMHO.

Nonetheless, I am worried about the SB. It's going to be a tough game for sure. I don't think any of us should be taking this game lightly.

Last edited:
I used up all my worries yesterday. It's going to take a few days to get restored worries. I 'll check back then.

They used up their yearly helmet catch vs the Packers.

I like our offensive line a lot better than theirs. Even moreso considering their injuries.

Amen Jack. The Giants defense is structured around their rush line. But we have the antidote in Light, Mankins, Connolly, Waters and Solder with Vollmer, Cannon, and Wendell in reserve.

The Giants can be had, this isn't 2007 - 2008.

If the Packers didn't shoot themselves in the foot so much in that game, I might be. But Brady will be throwing in a dome which means he probably won't be off throwing to wide open receivers like Rodgers was. Brady's receivers probably won't drop passes indoor rather than in the frigid Green Bay weather either.

The Giants didn't look stellar yesterday. They looked beatable. I personally think giving Rodgers and some of the key starters three weeks off hurt the Packers like it did with the Colts in previous years.

I think this is a very losable game, but the Giants/Packers game doesn't really mean much to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back