PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does the front office have any interest in winning tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think so.

I don't think so.

BB has said that he wants to win every game- pre-season or not.

However, they won't change their game plan tonight as to who will be playing and how long. I think his attitude is that they should win regardless who he plays or how many reps they get.

Of course they want to win... on their terms.
Terms are... Keep the starters healthy and only play first few possessions. If that much.
Get the young players some reps.
With that they want to win.

No........

Doubtfull!

Not nearly as much as TB's front office does. Fans of struggling teams get attracted to winning, even when it's meaningless. TB going 0-4 in the preseason would be perceived as worse than the Pats going 0-4, simply because we have a pretty good idea what to expect come September.... Hey, look at me: master of the obvious!

I don't think so.
ya i think they want to loose, maybe all 4 pre season games, then 5 straight to start the season, that way the front office feels it will be more interesting, does that anwer your question? i bet it makes alot of sense to you just a hunch

Deeper teams have the advantage in these contests. Our "scrubs" will kick their "scrubs" butts!

Terms are... Keep the starters healthy and only play first few possessions. If that much.
I think THIS is correct...WIN on those terms as opposed to a meaningless game..NO injuries...that is the big thing..

Team does not have all that much to prove right now, some of the guys on the "bubble" do.

Well you want to win under your circumstances, which has been mentioned already. The goal is of course no injuries, but you want to see the fringe guys really bust their asses and show that they know the system and know their assignments. The idea is that you want your B/C squad to beat the opposing B/C squad.

The most important win is getting a cohesive team. Sometimes this doesn't happen until they're into the regular season, but well attended TC's, preseason games/practices are huge in getting to that goal early. They'll always want to win, but getting the playbook solid with everyone and shaking out the contested positions are more important.

I think you want your roster to win inidividual battles rather than the team collectively winning. They want to see if they can execute what they've learned and win matchups.

The Pats always play to win but not at the expense of getting

their regulars injured. It is a time for evaluating the new players.

I have opined before that it MIGHT be in the BB's best interests to have "the consensus favorite to win it all", stumble out to the gate. It would give BB the whip hand with the players the next few weeks. It would shake up off any possible complacency. It would give the media something else to talk about. It would restore the necessary underdog mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back