PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Romeo Crennel get that call to join the Pats defensive staff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said Peyton Manning- Not the Colts.

KC held DEN to 17 points Week 12.

And 38 2 days ago. If you are talking about how many points Crenell allowed to Manning outside of those 2 games, averaging 27.5, then you would be talking about the Colts.

And 38 2 days ago. If you are talking about how many points Crenell allowed to Manning outside of those 2 games, averaging 27.5, then you would be talking about the Colts.

Which is what I am doing. Don't understand what your point is...?

Which is what I am doing. Don't understand what your point is...?

I'm responding to you saying you arent talking about the colts when I said I put more value in a game 2 days ago than one 6 years ago when Manning played for the colts.

I'm responding to you saying you arent talking about the colts .

I was referring to PM's games w/ Colts & DEN vs Crennel-led defenses after 2004.

when I said I put more value in a game 2 days ago than one 6 years ago when Manning played for the colts.

We disagree as I put more value in the 4 previous games on which PM averaged 15ppg vs Crennel than a Week 17 game.

And you know this because.... oh yea, you are just making stuff up. Good job!

Well in Fairness, RAC did WIN 3 SB's with BB.....How many has Matt Patricia won with BB???.....Exactly. I think Patricia has been doing an adequate job here. But, you have to give RAC his due....he did some dammed amazing stuff in his time here as DC.

I was referring to PM's games w/ Colts & DEN vs Crennel-led defenses after 2004.

We disagree as I put more value in the 4 previous games on which PM averaged 15ppg vs Crennel than a Week 17 game.

Different players, team, rules, etc. I get your point, just don't see Crenell as a Manning-savant. He did lose all of those games too.

Crennel and BB had a falling out when Crennel left to HC the Browns.

A reporter asked BB if he thought Crennel would make a good HC and BB replied " No." At the NFL owners meeting shortly after, Mangini and Crennel were cruising the buffet table and they snubbed BB without saying a word."

Come on man....this sounds like BS. Where are the links/evidence to back up these quotes/allegations???? BS.....

A reporter asked BB if he thought Crennel would make a good HC and BB replied " No." At the NFL owners meeting shortly after, Mangini and Crennel were cruising the buffet table and they snubbed BB without saying a word.

Maybe things are better now between BB and Crennel, but the Pats like to hire from within and Patricia is doing a good job. So, no to Crennel.

Crennel should take a break from the NFL and open up his own Dunkin Donuts franchise.

Dude its just all made up. They meet at a Buffet? Sounds absolutely ridiculous

A reporter asked BB if he thought Crennel would make a good HC and BB replied " No." At the NFL owners meeting shortly after, Mangini and Crennel were cruising the buffet table and they snubbed BB without saying a word."

Come on man....this sounds like BS. Where are the links/evidence to back up these quotes/allegations???? BS.....
Again

MoLewis and PatsWpissah remember reading the same article that I did about Crennel and Mangini at the owners meeting blowing off BB.

The links are gone from 7 years ago.

Just someone who is tight with a member of that coaching staff, not someone posting rumors on the internet

I dont believe you.

BB was not bringing him back if he didn't get a HC job. The reasons are just speculation.

Sounds like BS.

There was no reason. OK :rolleyes:

No according to someone much closer to the inner workings of the coaching staff and the franchise than you or I.
Ignore legitimate facts if you wish, it seems to be your style.

Youve had some real scoops on here like how Maroney was going to be star for this team.

Was that inside info too?

That isn't what you said, you said that BB answered NO when asked if Crennell would make a good HC.

Thats what I read after Crennel left.

You are wrong on that.

No, Im not. Something happened between BB and Crennel.

Finding other people who think they remember a less than perfect relationship does nothing to prove you are not wrong with that statement. But you already knew that.

I didnt find anyone.

They spoke up for themselves and disprove your fallacy that Crennel and BB have always been tight. They recall the article about the owners meeting as well. Crennel was chumming with Mangini after he left NE.

Nobody recalls your BS story about BB firing Weis after just winning their 3rd Super Bowl together.

I don't believe that there is a riff between BB and Weis. As recently as 2011, BB was quoted re: Weis and his commentary on him was warm.

Belichick keeps strong ties with Weis - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

What is absolutely true is that philosophically-speaking, the Pats do not pay top-dollar to coordinators. They believe that the coordinator position is a stepping stone and people that occupy those positions aspire for more than just be be paid. There was some rumbling back in 2003 that Weis was disappointed in his salary but I think that was a far as it went.

BB/RAC- My understanding is that their relationship is more of a professional nature. Not aware of any riff so not comfortable to comment.

Got a link proving me wrong?
I heard that Triumph is a wife beater and child molester. Got a link proving me wrong? :rolleyes:

Hard to prove a negative, even harder to prove something that doesn't exist wrong. My point is that is NOT a valid argument T, try again.

BTW- Andy, there IS a difference between a game a month ago when KC was still playing hard, and a game in week 17 when the players have one foot out the door and the HC and most of the staff know they are gone.

I don't know if RAC will get a call to come back an work in some capacity for the Pats, but I DO know that some time this week he's going to get a call to talk about the Broncos, just like a lot of "friends of Bill" who played Denver, will get calls to share their observations of the team.

I heard that Triumph is a wife beater and child molester. Got a link proving me wrong? :rolleyes:

Hard to prove a negative, even harder to prove something that doesn't exist wrong. My point is that is NOT a valid argument T, try again.

If you dont want to believe what Ive read thats fine by me.

I do the same with everyone of your post game threads Ken. I dont even bother opening them anymore because their filled with the same drama.

I think RAC was upset because BB said that he wouldnt make a good HC.

Maybe, after putting together a historically bad record in two separate opportunities, Crennel is ready to cede that Belichick was right about that one. If that quote was ever even said, which I doubt. Do you remember Belichick ever publicly criticizing his players or staff? Me either.

Most people eventually get hired to one level above what they're capable of, and it appears that was definitely the case with Romeo. Doesn't mean that he wasn't/isn't a very good DC.

Last edited:
I dont believe you.
I'm not surprised, because the truth clearly is meaningless to you.

Sounds like BS.

There was no reason. OK :rolleyes:
Didn't say that now did I? I said I do not know the reason, only the fact.

Youve had some real scoops on here like how Maroney was going to be star for this team.
What are you talking about?

Was that inside info too?
Again, what are you talking about?
Dude, you need to get over your inferiority complex.

Thats what I read after Crennel left.
I'm sure you think you did, but you are wrong. It never happened.

No, Im not. Something happened between BB and Crennel.
Perhaps so, perhaps not, but what you say happened didn't.

I didnt find anyone.

They spoke up for themselves and disprove your fallacy that Crennel and BB have always been tight. They recall the article about the owners meeting as well. Crennel was chumming with Mangini after he left NE.

Nobody recalls your BS story about BB firing Weis after just winning their 3rd Super Bowl together.
You said that BB answered NO when asked if Crennell would be a good coach. That is what I have called you out on. Crennell could be plotting BBs murder for the last 8 years, and it would have nothing to do with whether that statement is correct or not.

I do not expect anyone to remember that BB wasn't bringing Weis back, it was not public knowledge. I'm saying someone very close to someone on the staff told me that after Weis was gone, if he didn't get a HC job BB was not briinging him back. Take it for what you want, but I can assure you the person who told me this knows more about the situation than the media, you or I. It was told directly to him from someone BB directly told it to. Its a fact, although it was never a public fact.
Your claim is that BB PUBLICLY said something trashing his DC right after winnng back to back SBs and you can't find any proof of that when it is so far out of character for BB that it would be all over the internet if it happened.
You fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back