PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Romeo Crennel get that call to join the Pats defensive staff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard or read the same statement by Tedy.

But sadly as we learned in this thread, it's not real unless you can find & post a link.

So does this mean that the universe did not exist before the WWW? :confused:

Was the implementation of the World Wide Web the 'real' Big Bang? :eek:

I do have a theory about that big bang.....

th

I watched Bill Belichick:A Football Life on NFLN

I thought it was a very well done segment. I found out many things I didn't previously know about BB.I think what most of us have known for years, since the first Super Bowl winning year, is Bill will do whatever it takes to put this team in the best possible position to win.

All this he said/she said drama and innuendo only serves to obscure the only thing that matters...if Rac gives the Patriots a better chance to win it all this season, Bill will bring him on in whatever capacity he sees fit. My personal feeling is Bill will not visit this issue whatsoever this season. I watch this defense play this season and I see a unit maturing as playmakers, a unit with cohesiveness and bad intent. Why screw with the dynamic now? In my opinion, it doesn't make much sense.

As someone who'd speculated weeks ago on RAC coming here as a consultant during the playoffs, I've changed my opinion. This is a different team, different experience and skill sets. It does not make sense to suddenly parachute someone new into the midst; it would most likely be a distraction to BB and the defensive staff, than some mysterious magical "Viola!" insightful contribution.

One comparison:

How do we feel in retrospect about the contributions last offseason by consultant Josh McDaniels? My first reaction is "Meh", and that was a case in which the incumbent OC was distracted from his job.

I do think that scheming is much more important in the post-season than the regular season, so you get all the help you can. But one or two phone calls per source are likely to be help enough.

One comparison:

How do we feel in retrospect about the contributions last offseason by consultant Josh McDaniels? My first reaction is "Meh", and that was a case in which the incumbent OC was distracted from his job.

I do think that scheming is much more important in the post-season than the regular season, so you get all the help you can. But one or two phone calls per source are likely to be help enough.

We don't know what McDaniels assignment was.
There was a rumor that he was assigned to the defense, that is, working with the defensive coaches about how opponents will attack them.
So, I don't know how you can judge what McDaniels impact was, but we made the SB and came within a minute of winning it, so the staff as a whole were more than 'meh'

Last edited:
Re: Matt Patricia?

BB was shown on bended knee going over some in game pics with the D late in the game and it's been said Matt Patricia has taken a bit of a backseat lately.

Just curious what others think about this. Not a huge issue but could be interesting with RAC now available.
Patrica and BB are tight......Remember Matty P up, until the last few seasons, was on the O side of the ball. He is still learning the D side of the ball and who better to learn from BB himself. I'm sure Patricia has no problem taking a "Backseat" to the best defensive mind in the game EVER
As far as Crennel..I could see him coming back as a defensive coach....possibly the D lineman. If BB is true to his word and Crennell can help "The Team"..He should be able to put his differences behind him for the sake of the team....Wouldn't it blow you away to hear that they signed Crennel as a "Defensive Consultant" for the playoffs...LOL

Re: Matt Patricia?

Patrica and BB are tight......Remember Matty P up, until the last few seasons, was on the O side of the ball. He is still learning the D side of the ball and who better to learn from BB himself. I'm sure Patricia has no problem taking a "Backseat" to the best defensive mind in the game EVER
As far as Crennel..I could see him coming back as a defensive coach....possibly the D lineman. If BB is true to his word and Crennell can help "The Team"..He should be able to put his differences behind him for the sake of the team....Wouldn't it blow you away to hear that they signed Crennel as a "Defensive Consultant" for the playoffs...LOL

Its been 7 years after 2 on offense, which is a common move for BB developing coaches.

I heard BB on WEEI (yes, I actually listened, even though that fraud DeOssie was on with Pete Sheppard, because they said BB was coming right up), and he didn't sound like he was looking for RAC to come in at all. You can judge for yourself after listening to the link, but to me, it didn't sound like a typical BB evasion of the question. It sounded like a definite "NO."

I heard BB on WEEI (yes, I actually listened, even though that fraud DeOssie was on with Pete Sheppard, because they said BB was coming right up), and he didn't sound like he was looking for RAC to come in at all. You can judge for yourself after listening to the link, but to me, it didn't sound like a typical BB evasion of the question. It sounded like a definite "NO."

Not surprising at all. The guy was on his staff 8 years ago, and has had very little success since. I'm not sure what he would have to offer.

Not surprising at all. The guy was on his staff 8 years ago, and has had very little success since. I'm not sure what he would have to offer.

It is slightly interesting that since leaving the Pats, as HC of CLE and DC/HC in KC, RAC has had sucess keeping the scores low by Peyton Manning-led offenses. I think there is a sample size of 5 games in which the ave ppg allowed is around 18 or so.

Seems like BB isn't interested in bringing RAC in but if the face PM in the AFCCG, it might at the least worth a phone conversation.

It is slightly interesting that since leaving the Pats, as HC of CLE and DC/HC in KC, RAC has had sucess keeping the scores low by Peyton Manning-led offenses. I think there is a sample size of 5 games in which the ave ppg allowed is around 18 or so.

Seems like BB isn't interested in bringing RAC in but if the face PM in the AFCCG, it might at the least worth a phone conversation.

He just allowed 38 to Manning to keep us from the #1 seed

Meh. A Week 17 game doesn't change much in my view.

Wow. You want to go back 5+ years and ignore the game that was 2 days ago?
We will be playing the team that torched his defense 2 days ago, not the 06 Colts.

I have heard from a very reliable source with a deep connection to BB and Mangini that BB and Weis were the ones who had a conflict and if Weis did not get the ND job, BB was not bringing him back.
I've heard nothing credible about BB/Crenell strife.

Link??? Does your palm reader have website?

What was the supposed problem between BB and Weis?

As I menitoned above this is definitely not true.

According to you.

[/QUOTE]

Not really. Yoiu should reread their posts, neither say they read that BB said no when asked if Crenell would be a good HC.

You should invest in new glasses.

Both recall reading or hearing about conflict between BB and Crennel.

Link??? Does your palm reader have website?
Just someone who is tight with a member of that coaching staff, not someone posting rumors on the internet

What was the supposed problem between BB and Weis?

BB was not bringing him back if he didn't get a HC job. The reasons are just speculation.

According to you.
No according to someone much closer to the inner workings of the coaching staff and the franchise than you or I.
Ignore legitimate facts if you wish, it seems to be your style.

You should invest in new glasses.

Both recall reading or hearing about conflict between BB and Crennel.

That isn't what you said, you said that BB answered NO when asked if Crennell would make a good HC.
You are wrong on that. Finding other people who think they remember a less than perfect relationship does nothing to prove you are not wrong with that statement. But you already knew that.

Last edited by a moderator:
He just allowed 38 to Manning to keep us from the #1 seed

To be fair, they could have given up 2 safeties and it still cost us the #1 seed. That team was finished 2 months ago. BB, Lombardi and Walsh combined couldn't have motivated that KC team enough to win last Sunday. Checked out.

Wow. You want to go back 5+ years and ignore the game that was 2 days ago?
We will be playing the team that torched his defense 2 days ago, not the 06 Colts.

I said Peyton Manning- Not the Colts.

KC held DEN to 17 points Week 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back