PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Polian Ever Let Up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike the Brit

Minuteman Target
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
There's a bit in Mike Reiss's Football Notes in today's print Globe (I haven't looked for it on-line) on the state of the Gillette Stadium field. In the course of it there is the following paragraph:

"Colts president Bill Polian is believed to have expressed concern about the shoddy condition of the Patriots' home field to the league office; the Colts visit New England Nov. 5."

Words fail me ...

The guy is a big time a-hole.

Don't forget the reported incident where he assaulted someone who worked for the Jets.

There's a reason PFT has calls him "NaPolian."

He is always planning ahead to have his excuses in place.

It is online, there was a bit of commentary in the re-sod thread.

i gotta agree with him on this one, our field is absolutely terrible.

desi-patsfan said:

Yeah it is but why is he the only one *****ing about it?

Several other teams play at Gillette this season.

desi-patsfan said:
and............
Wonder how he'll feel when our backs run all over the Colts defense.

desi-patsfan said:
Yeh, but I see players slipping and falling on the fancy new synthetic turf all the time too. Polian is playing his petty mind game, and it really does give him and his pet reporters a ready made excuse when they lose.

Box_O_Rocks said:
He is always planning ahead to have his excuses in place.

It is online, there was a bit of commentary in the re-sod thread.

And always trying to put the league under pressure. Sorry -- I missed the mention in the re-sod thread.

Mods, please feel free to merge this thread.

Mike the Brit said:
And always trying to put the league under pressure. Sorry -- I missed the mention in the re-sod thread.

Mods, please feel free to merge this thread.
It was easy to miss, not everybody cares to read about old sod.

desi-patsfan said:

It's not the fact that the field is terrible. (which we all agree) It's the fact that Napolian doesn't complain till the dolts are coming in, and then he complains and the NFL get's involved:rolleyes:

mtbykr said:
It's not the fact that the field is terrible. (which we all agree) It's the fact that Napolian doesn't complain till the dolts are coming in, and then he complains and the NFL get's involved:rolleyes:

Precisely. And remember the complaints about the turf in their Dome.

Mike the Brit said:
There's a bit in Mike Reiss's Football Notes in today's print Globe (I haven't looked for it on-line) on the state of the Gillette Stadium field. In the course of it there is the following paragraph:

"Colts president Bill Polian is believed to have expressed concern about the shoddy condition of the Patriots' home field to the league office; the Colts visit New England Nov. 5."

Words fail me ...

Why shouldn't Polian get to dictate his "rules" to the NFL? He's got a ton of rings and deserves more of them...:)

"Hey. We play. That's what we do. We don't talk. We play. You come to Foxboro, it's gonna be snowin', it's gonna be cold. Come on in here! You wanna say all you want? You wanna change the rules? Change 'em! We still play, and we win. That's what we do."

So sayeth Number 54, full tilt full time.

he'll stop when the Colts win the superbowl. So yes, he'll never stop.

TomBrady'sGoat said:
he'll stop when the Colts win the superbowl. So yes, he'll never stop.

zing!!!!

:p :p

eventually polian will complain to the league about belichick wearing those shaggy looking hooded sweatshirts.

hes also working on a rule where teams are prohibited to run on the colts swiss cheese run Defense more than 5 times a game.

I love Bill Polian. I hope he stays in Indy forever.

His whining and excuse making have set the tone for that mentally fragile team for years. He has created an enviornment that from him, to the coach, to the players when things get tough they fold up and look for someone to blame. I hope it continues for another decade.

Polian perplexes the hell out of me. He turns a crappy Bills franchise around, then gets fired because he didn't get along with the team's CFO. Then he goes to Carolina as their 1st GM and does well early by recruiting FA veterans, but then crumbles because he can't draft or manage the team's cap. For as much bashing we do about Indy, they are a decent franchise, but clearly doesn't spend $$ on the right things (no impact D players). He Here is the guy with an outstanding profrssional resume, but finds the time to needle the Pats on pass interference stuff, playing surfaces, etc.. He clearly is one of those guys we all know at the office that always thinks it's someone elses fault that they never got that big promotion. Insecure nerd.

robertweathers said:
Polian perplexes the hell out of me. He turns a crappy Bills franchise around, then gets fired because he didn't get along with the team's CFO. Then he goes to Carolina as their 1st GM and does well early by recruiting FA veterans, but then crumbles because he can't draft or manage the team's cap. For as much bashing we do about Indy, they are a decent franchise, but clearly doesn't spend $$ on the right things (no impact D players). He Here is the guy with an outstanding profrssional resume, but finds the time to needle the Pats on pass interference stuff, playing surfaces, etc.. He clearly is one of those guys we all know at the office that always thinks it's someone elses fault that they never got that big promotion. Insecure nerd.

Would the hypothesis that he is good at his job but a complete *sshole help to resolve your perplexity?

Mike the Brit said:
Would the hypothesis that he is good at his job but a complete *sshole help to resolve your perplexity?

Haha! Maybe I tried too hard to psychoanalyze the guy. Maybe all those close but no cigar runs of the teams he put on the field just made him a bitter man who has taken his jeliously of the Pats success to a catty-like level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back