PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Peyton Manning secretly hate Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, I mean he left our SB without shaking Brees hand. I know he had an excuse. That he wanted Brees to enjoy it, but it was not a good one.
Has any quarterback in NFL history not shaked the opposing winners hand in the SuperBowl ?
and Brees even admired him. I think that was a low blow for a kid like Brees that had followed Manning so long and wanted affirmation. Brees went to PM's training camps while in college.
Maybe Brees pissed him off by calling Brady before the SB for advise, I dont know
But his idol just walked off without a word.
That was a character moment.
Its possible we spoiled PM to much here in NO being Archies son and treated like royalty while growing up. Its possible he is a brat now with great ability, but still a spoiled brat.
I really think from his actions that day, little peyton thinks, sorry still see him as a boy, hes the best their ever was, and Brady beating him cant make him like him at all. Only differense is he probably respects Brady as an equil, but would not give Brees or other QB's the time of day, because he thinks Brees and them, are not even in his league, and hes probably right.

I'm torn on a lot of what you wrote. There's been so many hand-shake-gates in NE history I just can't put stock in them. BB-Parcells, BB-Mangini, BB-Coughlin is my favorite since it was because he didn't go shake his hand again. For a while it seemed like every week there was one.

I don't know why Manning would be upset with Brees calling Brady. Both SBs Eli consulted with Peyton quite a bit. Yes they're brothers but there's always been cases of QBs calling other QBs for advice going into the big week.

On the other hand I've always thought Peyton has had a sense of entitlement. For whatever reason the way the media tells the story at times you would think Peyton was the 6th round draft pick who had worked his way up and not the choosen one. The massive propaganda campaign after that game throwing Reggie Wayne, Pierre Garcon, the offensive line, the defense and Jim Caldwell under the bus still blows me away. Not that those parties weren't partially responsible. It's a team game and people forget that and want to make it solely about the stars and especially the QBs but where was Peyton taking one for the team and saying ya that one is on me? It was everybody's fault except Peyton.

18to88 which is a Colt site even had an article about how Manning's pick to Tracy Porter on NO side of field was a less costly pick with 4 minutes left trailing by 7 than Brady's pick to Marlin Jackson trailing by 4 with less than a minute deep in their own territory.

Honestly when I think of Peyton on his own I can look at it in a Magic vs Bird sense and actually enjoy him as a player. It's the apologists that make me want to hate him again. Brady is my favorite player but when he screws up I'll look at it and say that was on Tom. The drop by Welker in the SB people wanted to put it all on him and it is partially on him but Brady could have made that a much easier catch for Welker. It's a ball he should catch but it was far from routine. Conversely Manning's fans will write off even his worst games. The 20-3 loss to the Pats in the 04 divisional game. Well Dillon ran on the defense all day long. The 24-14 loss in the 03 AFCCG, well it was the refs. The 07 loss to SD Dallas Clark dropped a TD, that much like the Welker drop could have been a much better throw. But lets not bring up the 2 interceptions in the red zone vs the Chargers in that game or the failure to score twice inside the 10 and you had to kick FGs.

/rant

Sorry to say, the vast majority of football fans still think Peyton is far superior to Brady, that's an uphill battle Brady may never win, no matter how more more MVPs or rings he gets.

It's wonderful that you feel that you can speak for the "vast majority of football fans" who think that P6 is "far superior to Brady" but the facts don't back you up at all. There's a huge gap between their accomplishments.

I'm torn on a lot of what you wrote. There's been so many hand-shake-gates in NE history I just can't put stock in them. BB-Parcells, BB-Mangini, BB-Coughlin is my favorite since it was because he didn't go shake his hand again. For a while it seemed like every week there was one.

I don't know why Manning would be upset with Brees calling Brady. Both SBs Eli consulted with Peyton quite a bit. Yes they're brothers but there's always been cases of QBs calling other QBs for advice going into the big week.

On the other hand I've always thought Peyton has had a sense of entitlement. For whatever reason the way the media tells the story at times you would think Peyton was the 6th round draft pick who had worked his way up and not the choosen one. The massive propaganda campaign after that game throwing Reggie Wayne, Pierre Garcon, the offensive line, the defense and Jim Caldwell under the bus still blows me away. Not that those parties weren't partially responsible. It's a team game and people forget that and want to make it solely about the stars and especially the QBs but where was Peyton taking one for the team and saying ya that one is on me? It was everybody's fault except Peyton.

18to88 which is a Colt site even had an article about how Manning's pick to Tracy Porter on NO side of field was a less costly pick with 4 minutes left trailing by 7 than Brady's pick to Marlin Jackson trailing by 4 with less than a minute deep in their own territory.

Honestly when I think of Peyton on his own I can look at it in a Magic vs Bird sense and actually enjoy him as a player. It's the apologists that make me want to hate him again. Brady is my favorite player but when he screws up I'll look at it and say that was on Tom. The drop by Welker in the SB people wanted to put it all on him and it is partially on him but Brady could have made that a much easier catch for Welker. It's a ball he should catch but it was far from routine. Conversely Manning's fans will write off even his worst games. The 20-3 loss to the Pats in the 04 divisional game. Well Dillon ran on the defense all day long. The 24-14 loss in the 03 AFCCG, well it was the refs. The 07 loss to SD Dallas Clark dropped a TD, that much like the Welker drop could have been a much better throw. But lets not bring up the 2 interceptions in the red zone vs the Chargers in that game or the failure to score twice inside the 10 and you had to kick FGs.

/rant
wow, great post, just love your honest thoughts :)

I watched Americas game Colts 06 a couple years ago, when Brady had the ball towards the end of the AFCCG Peyton said he was praying on the side lines saying "No God please not again"/"Don't let Tom do it again".(something to that effect). he seemed almost traumatized at the thought of another Brady comeback.

I didn't sense any hate just a guy who respected but also felt a bit over whelmed and frustrated by the Tom Brady/Bill Belichick 1,2 punch over the years.

Last edited:
Not at all. I recall reading an article in where they played golf together in the off season or something. It's not hate. Anyone who has played a competitive sport whether in h.s. or college knows the feeling. They are huge competitors, especially for those 60 minutes they meet each year but outside of football, they're friends.

I do agree that Brady seems to have stolen Manning's limelight. Brady is to Manning what Florida was to Manning. He just has a difficult time getting by him. The similarities are uncanny...0-3 against Florida and he threw 4 picks in a game against them once (ring a bell?). He seems to lack that next level play in the big games. Eli is the exact opposite. He lays a turd in the regular season but goes on an absolute tear in the post season. Brady will always be Manning's kryptonite. Hell it might happen again this postseason.

Attachments

• manning face broncos.jpg
    manning face broncos.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 78
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back