PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does people picking the Giants bother you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRBLAZE

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Spoke with an old friend today, who has virtually no interest not only in the Patriots, but this person is not even a football fan. Goes to show you how widespread this whole Giants-have-a-good-shot-to-win-outright contention is. Personally, I'm glad no one is too high on us! Just like everyone thought Pittsburgh would be tough as nails.

Them - So ya worried about your Super Bowl? Heard that Brady's got an ankle injury, saw him walking in NY on TV.

Me - Yeah well, not too worried about it. He'll be alright, [anyway attempts to change convo]

Them - Never know. Giants played you boys tough the last week of the season, even were winning the game!

:bricks: :bricks: :bricks: :bricks:

Last edited:
No it doesn't bother me. The game will be won on the field, not in polls, through point spreads or Expert picks.

Who cares? Opinions are like asses. Everyone has one and most of them stink.

Really, other than a reason to mock them, how does guys like Dr. Z or Merril Hoge picking the Giants really affect my life?

Doesn't bother me. Just seems like somehow, someway, the Patriots managed to make their damn near perfect team seem flawed to the point where they could lose this game. Talk about mind tricks.

It doesn't bother me that they pick the Giants, it's that 9 times out of 10 the pick is based on stupid, easily refuted or nonsensical reasons, or just a flat out "gut feeling". This wouldn't bother me if not for the fact that the people making these picks tend to have a platform to spread their ideas, and I am never able to abide the willful dissemination of ignorance and/or idiocy.

Them - So ya worried about your Super Bowl? Heard that Brady's got an ankle injury, saw him walking in NY on TV.

Me - Yeah well, not too worried about it. He'll be alright, [anyway attempts to change convo]

Them - Never know. Giants played you boys tough the last week of the season, even were winning the game!

That's EXACTLY what I've been hearing from all the nerdy Seahawk fans over here !

I actually want more people to pick against us. Make it that much sweeter.

There will be alot of negativity this week, you just got to let it roll off your back and tune it out... Its going to be a good game up until the second half, when we take over...

That's EXACTLY what I've been hearing from all the nerdy Seahawk fans over here !

Same thing here in Cincinnati. People in work try to make a big deal about it all until they realize I couldn't care less that they're picking the Giants.

Some seem seriously disappointed I'm not interested in debating with them. I'll save my talking for Monday :D

Nope, as a matter of fact I prefer it this way, the Pats are an experienced team in the playoffs, and they prefer people focus the other team. The Giants may buy into all this hype, and as an unproven team in the playoffs, much less the super bowl, it will be to their demise.
GO PATS!

Not at all. Everyone has their opinions, right or wrong :)

Nope, as a matter of fact I prefer it this way, the Pats are an experienced team in the playoffs, and they prefer people focus the other team. The Giants may buy into all this hype, and as an unproven team in the playoffs, much less the super bowl, it will be to their demise.
GO PATS!

:yeahthat:

Spoke with an old friend today, who has virtually no interest not only in the Patriots, but this person is not even a football fan. Goes to show you how widespread this whole Giants-have-a-good-shot-to-win-outright contention is. Personally, I'm glad no one is too high on us! Just like everyone thought Pittsburgh would be tough as nails.

:bricks: :bricks: :bricks: :bricks:

it doesnt matter at all. people are entitled to their opinions. so what if someone picks the giants? they are in the super bowl for a reason, they are a damn good team.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

What would unsettle me is if someone gave a rational football-based facts-infused reason the Giants would win. Instead, we have people citing their gut, or the results of a meaningless week 17 game, or any of the other cliches you hear tossed around. The fact that not one analyst has shown me a single way the Giants are actually better than the Pats in a way which is meaningful to this game actually makes me more confident.

Why would people following their "gut" to go with the Giants bother me at all?

Does not bother me in any way. Not a bit. I don't think picking an upset makes a journalist a "hater," and I have no interest in rubbing their noses in it after a win.

What does annoy me is when media folks try to twist the story into good vs. evil, Patriots as "cheaters," etc.

But if they honestly think the Giants will win, who cares? As a commentator you have to pick one team or the other, and you're not right or wrong until the game is over.

Nope not at all. It just makes a win that much more satisfying.

I seem to be seeing (WAG) 5 - 1 picking the Patriots. Not that it matters, but I look at the ESPN crew, whenever they come out with predictions, and Inside the NFL guys (except the little ****-head Costas). I suspect it'll be 80% or more picking the good guys.

No. The people making the picks are trying to sell newspapers, magazines or website hits. There's no "news" in picking the Pats. So, they get attention by picking the Giants.

It doesn't bother me too much, just when the person starts dissing the Patriots. I am from New England, but now live in the midwest. My stepdaughter is a Colts fan(she doesn't live with us) who actually belongs to a group on myspace called "New England Patriots Haters", which is made up of people who are probably jealous of the Patriots. She and her brother were visiting us the weekend the Patriots played the Giants, and they were obviously rooting for the Giants. That was a bit hard to take under my own roof, my I remained cool and aloof and it was me who was happy in the end.:)

I actually want more people to pick against us. Make it that much sweeter.

I agree - I dont care how many people pick against the Pats.. it's just that many more people you can say "I told you so" to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes