PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Parcells belong in the Pats HOF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question isnt whether the Selction Committee believes Parcells belongs in the Pats HOF, the question is whether you agree with them.

In light of Bledsoes recent bellyaching. Houston Antwine

I'd have no problem with that - after all, the selection committee has deemed all three deserving of induction into the Patriots Hall of Fame

What bellyaching? He answered honestly question about his feelings at the time about Belichick's decision to go with Brady. It wasn't like he was complaining.

What bellyaching? He answered honestly question about his feelings at the time about Belichick's decision to go with Brady. It wasn't like he was complaining.

Bledsoe was paid millions and he under performed.

Brady was playing better than Bledsoe and it wasnt fair to the team to make him sit just because Bledsoe felt untitled. Belichick was right. Bledsoe went to Buffalo and stunk. He stunk in Dallas too.

Nobodys job is guaranteed every season on the Patriots. Its a performance based business and you have to earn the privilege to start or play. If BB doesnt win he will be gone, Brady too. The way it should be.

I vote Houston.

Bledsoe was paid millions and he under performed.

Brady was playing better than Bledsoe and it wasnt fair to the team to make him sit just because Bledsoe felt untitled. Belichick was right. Bledsoe went to Buffalo and stunk. He stunk in Dallas too.

Nobodys job is guaranteed every season on the Patriots. Its a performance based business and you have to earn the privilege to start or play. If BB doesnt win he will be gone, Brady too. The way it should be.

I vote Houston.

First, Bledsoe obviously answered a question about how he felt at the time. Any starting player would feel it is unfair to lose their job to injuries. Bledsoe is no different than any other player in the same situation. He never said he held a grudge (although it has been alleged in the past that Bledsoe held a grudge against Charlie Weis because he felt Charlie lied to him about getting his job back). He was just answering a question about how he felt at the time which is probably no different than any other player in that situation. Bledsoe never said that Belichick made the wrong decision or even if he wouldn't make the same decision in hindsight, he just said that AT THE TIME he felt it was unfair.

Second, who cares about half the stuff you are talking about in terms of his worthiness for the Patriots' HOF? He should be excluded from the Patriots HOF because he sucked in Buffalo (which he didn't suck his first year and actually had a Pro Bowl season) and Dallas? He is dissqualified because he was paid too much?!?

Third, I have said before, including the actual Bledsoe thread, that Belichick made the right choice. It still doesn't change my opinion of Bledsoe. Bledsoe deserves to get in for what he did in the 90s, not after Belichick got here. He is more deserving of entrance in the HOF than Steve Grogan who is already in and I am a huge Grogan fan. He was the second best QB in this team's history.

You seem to hold your personal feeling about two of the guys up for the honor over what they did and their place in Patriots' history. I am not going to highjack this thread anymore because it is a Parcells thread, not a Bledsoe one.

Last edited:
Ouch... touche' sir... that one really hurt. :rolleyes:

Look, I'm done with this.

I can - and have - quoted Jonathan and Robert Kraft to back up my points.
No you haven't. You have listed quotes, that do not add up to what you are trying to make them out to.

quote]I can make indisputable factual statements - including the fact that Orthwein DID in fact make Kraft a $75 million offer - and as we can see, you guys will attempt to say "that never happened" even though EVERYONE knows it did.[/quote]
That has nothing to do with Parcells.

Whatever facts I present - you will say I'm lying.
No. When you say Bob Kraft said something that the quote doesnt say you are lying.
Bob Kraft has never said he would not have bought the team if Parcells wasnt the coach. You have said 100 times that he did. That is a lie.

Your quote of jmt's post is a perfect summation. The selection committee DID deem all three worthy of the Hall of Fame. You take issue with them. Let's just end this.
I disagree with them, That is what the entire thread is about. The thread was started after the 3 finalists were announced. It is the most assinine argument ever to say that the answer to whether you agree that one of the nominees is worthy is that he was nominated because he was worthy.

Look. I don't think anyone KNOWS what you've been saying from the beginning. I know I don't.

:)
That is your problem. You spend half the thread incorrectly stating what other peoples arguments are and attributing comments and opinions to other people that they don't have or didn't make.
Its no wonder you are confused, because it must be hard to keep up what you made up the other persons argument to be.

First, Bledsoe obviously answered a question about how he felt at the time. Any starting player would feel it is unfair to lose their job to injuries. Bledsoe is no different than any other player in the same situation. He never said he held a grudge (although it has been alleged in the past that Bledsoe held a grudge against Charlie Weis because he felt Charlie lied to him about getting his job back). He was just answering a question about how he felt at the time which is probably no different than any other player in that situation. Bledsoe never said that Belichick made the wrong decision or even if he wouldn't make the same decision in hindsight, he just said that AT THE TIME he felt it was unfair

Too bad. Thats life.

We already knew Bledsoe thought he was treated unfairly 10 years ago. Be a man and just say it was very disappointing and frustrating, but you have moved on. Be diplomatic.

Cased closed. No crying. Bledsoe made more money than most folks will ever see in their lifetimes. Hes wealthy and able to own a winery and coffee brand.

Second, who cares about half the stuff you are talking about in terms of his worthiness for the Patriots' HOF? He should be excluded from the Patriots HOF because he sucked in Buffalo (which he didn't suck his first year and actually had a Pro Bowl season) and Dallas? He is dissqualified because he was paid too much?!?

I never said that Bledsoe did not belong in the NE HOF.

Bledsoes whining that it was unfair to lose his job rings hollow after he was given a starting opportunity on other teams and his play was mediocre to lousy. GET IT?

Nothing leads me to believe that Bledsoe would have played as good as Brady. The same problems that plagued Bledsoe in NE followed him to Buffalo and Dallas.

Third, I have said before, including the actual Bledsoe thread, that Belichick made the right choice. It still doesn't change my opinion of Bledsoe. Bledsoe deserves to get in for what he did in the 90s, not after Belichick got here. He is more deserving of entrance in the HOF than Steve Grogan who is already in and I am a huge Grogan fan. He was the second best QB in this team's history.

Preaching to the choir.

You seem to hold your personal feeling about two of the guys up for the honor over what they did and their place in Patriots' history. I am not going to highjack this thread anymore because it is a Parcells thread, not a Bledsoe one.
[/QUOTE]

So do you. Homerism run amok.

Too bad. Thats life.

We already knew Bledsoe thought he was treated unfairly 10 years ago. Be a man and just say it was very disappointing and frustrating, but you have moved on. Be diplomatic.

Cased closed. No crying. Bledsoe made more money than most folks will ever see in their lifetimes. Hes wealthy and able to own a winery and coffee brand.

I never said that Bledsoe did not belong in the NE HOF.

Bledsoes whining that it was unfair to lose his job rings hollow after he was given a starting opportunity on other teams and his play was mediocre to lousy. GET IT?

Nothing leads me to believe that Bledsoe would have played as good as Brady. The same problems that plagued Bledsoe in NE followed him to Buffalo and Dallas.

Preaching to the choir.

So do you. Homerism run amok.[/QUOTE]

One last one. So you think Bledsoe shouldn't win the honor because he is whining that it was unfair eventhough if you actually read the quote, he wasn't whining it was unfair but just answering the question about how he felt at the time. So you think Bledsoe shouldn't get in because of something you think he did, but didn't do. Here is the question and answer from his interview on Gresch and Zo:

Question: For the record in your eyes what was it like with Tom Brady during the 2001 Super Bowl season because I gotta think there was a part of you, christ it’s human nature, for you to not in your gut, in your heart, think what the hell? I should be the guy out there? What was it like with you and Tom [Brady] at that time?
Answer: “You know it was hard. There’s no getting around that, but it wasn’t hard…the difficulty of the situation had nothing to do with Tom [Brady] or really with me. It had to do with the situation where only one guy could be on the field and I didn’t like it. I didn’t think it was fair. All of those things. You know at the time and it made the relationship between me and Tom difficult at that point, but again through all of that I think we maintained a healthy level of respect for each other through the course of that season and we’ve maintained a friendship since than. Now looking back on that do I believe that we would have had the same or similar level of success had I not gotten hurt? Of course I do. That’s the way it works. Would that have been the case? Who knows. You know I don’t know. That being said with what Tom has done, the way he has played and the way he’s conducted himself on-and-off the field as a leader and a stand-up guy in the community and the world, I’m nothing but proud of him and it’s been a pleasure to watch him through the whole thing. I’ve been a big fan of his ever since I retired I should say. You know been a huge fan of Tom’s. I enjoy watching him play and enjoying watching the Patriots and the success that they’ve had building on what we got going there in the mid-1990′s.”

Sports Radio Interviews Blog Archive Drew Bledsoe Felt Situation With Tom Brady During The 2001 Super Bowl Title Season Was ‘Not Fair’ And ‘Difficult’

So not only was he not biatching, he was complimentary and humble talking how proud he was about how Brady carried himself. Not only that, the question was a leading question to get him to talk about how unfair it was.

So I guess my homerism is translated into someone who likes to deal with facts and reality.

So do you. Homerism run amok.

One last one. So you think Bledsoe shouldn't win the honor because he is whining that it was unfair eventhough if you actually read the quote, he wasn't whining it was unfair but just answering the question about how he felt at the time. So you think Bledsoe shouldn't get in because of something you think he did, but didn't do. Here is the question and answer from his interview on Gresch and Zo:

[/I]

Sports Radio Interviews Blog Archive Drew Bledsoe Felt Situation With Tom Brady During The 2001 Super Bowl Title Season Was ‘Not Fair’ And ‘Difficult’

So not only was he not biatching, he was complimentary and humble talking how proud he was about how Brady carried himself. Not only that, the question was a leading question to get him to talk about how unfair it was.

So I guess my homerism is translated into someone who likes to deal with facts and reality.

Once again. Bledsoe is up for an honor.

Dont muddy the waters about how unfair he was treated when Brady taking his job and playing QB was what was best for the team to win. He comes off as sounding like he still does not get it that the team comes first. Perhaps thats why Tom Brady outworked Ol Drew because Bledsoe thought his rightful place was Pats QB whether he was the best QB on the team or not.

Nomination to a HOF is not a platform to complain.

Of course the media is going to want to stir up drama. Bledsoe does not have to answer any questions from the media unless he wants to go there, and he did, but every diehard Patriots fan knows that someone better took his job.

Bledsoe was complimentary about Brady? Really? Brady is a lock for the NFL HOF. Will there be any discussion if Brady belongs in NE HOF. What else could he say? :rolleyes:

And, if you didnt get it, I had planned to vote Bledsoe until this BS (bellyaching) came out again. Houston Antwine is acting like a man. Bledsoe can wait and grow up some more and maybe realize that he was given an golden opportunity in NE and paid handsomely. More than Houston Antwine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey