PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Moss/TO fear sean taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moss and T.O have never had good games against Taylor. ST has always layed the wood on both of them and I remember in ST's 2004 rookie season he irked Moss so bad, that Moss left the game early. ST also injured T.O. and has pissed him off various times.

If that's not intimidation, I don't know what is.

Typical Dan Snyder-educated Skins fan.

The game of football isn't one-on-one. Taylor and his unit will have to juggle worrying about 5-6 different offensive weapons from the Patriots on every play. In the 2004 game, all he had to worry about was Moss and maybe one other.

Sean Taylor will emerge from Sunday's game looking exactly like every other opposing Safety has this season after encountering the Pats: Cross-eyed.

I was on a redskins forum and for the game coming up they were talking about Moss won't do squat in the game because both he and TO are scared of sean taylor.

Why would something a fan said in a forum have anything to do with what will actually happen in a game?

Typical Dan Snyder-educated Skins fan.

The game of football isn't one-on-one. Taylor and his unit will have to juggle worrying about 5-6 different offensive weapons from the Patriots on every play. In the 2004 game, all he had to worry about was Moss and maybe one other.

Sean Taylor will emerge from Sunday's game looking exactly like every other opposing Safety has this season after encountering the Pats: Cross-eyed.

We shall see. Our secondary has 4 top 7 draft picks in Rogers, Landry, Taylor and Springs and has great depth. It'll be the best test yet for the Pats "vaunted" offense.

We shall see. Our secondary has 4 top 7 draft picks in Rogers, Landry, Taylor and Springs and has great depth. It'll be the best test yet for the Pats "vaunted" offense.

You're truly a 2-4 NFC team (the home "wins" against the Dolphins 13-10 and the one-armed bandit Cardinals yesterday on a missed FG).

In the meantime, you keep mentioning draft picks in the secondary. So you have depth in one area. Congratulations. There's also the LB corps, the DL, backups etc. TRUE depth is losing Richard Seymour for 8 weeks and having Jarvis Green to plug in behind him. True depth is losing Lawrence Maroney and having Sammy Morris step in and have two straight 100 yard games. True depth is losing your two top TE's and having Kyle Brady step in and catch 3 TDs in 3 games. You want to learn what "Depth" means?

We didn't know Snyder even believed in the draft.

You DO realize the Redskins are considered more than ANY team in the NFL by us to be the Anti-Patriots, organizationally, don't you?

This might be the dumbest question ever posted.

why would TO go to a division that he has to play him 2 times a year if Sean Taylor strikes so much 'fear' into him?

Randy Moss faces Rodney Harrison in practice every week. Check the wee1 game against the Raders a few years back, Moss had a MONSTER game is a losing effort and went right at Rodney Harrison.

You're truly a 2-4 NFC team (the home "wins" against the Dolphins 13-10 and the one-armed bandit Cardinals yesterday on a missed FG).

In the meantime, you keep mentioning draft picks in the secondary.

We didn't know Snyder even believed in the draft.

You DO realize the Redskins are considered more than ANY team in the NFL by us to be the Anti-Patriots, organizationally, don't you?

Gibbs has done an amazing job at drafting since he's been here.

Let's see........

Sean Taylor
Carlos Rogers
Chris Cooley
Rocky McIntosh
Laron Landry

Those are just some of the players he's drafted that has had great success here. And that's with the limited amount of draft picks we've had.

and your secondary comment doesn't even make sense. Just because GIBBS himself didn't draft the player (Springs), doesn't disregard the fact that he WAS a first round top 7 pick. So i don't know what the hell you mean by that.

Our secondary is hands down the best in the NFC, and as a result our defense is ranked #1 in the NFC in almost EVERY category.

Last edited:
Gibbs has done an amazing job at drafting since he's been here.

Let's see........

Sean Taylor
Carlos Rogers
Chris Cooley
Rocky McIntosh
Laron Landry

Those are just some of the players he's drafted that has had great success here. And that's with the limited amount of draft picks we've had.

and your secondary comment doesn't even make sense. Just because GIBBS himself didn't draft the player (Springs), doesn't disregard the fact that he WAS a first round top 7 pick. So i don't know what the hell you mean by that.

Our secondary is hands down the best in the NFC, and as a result our defense is ranked #1 in the NFC in almost EVERY category.

The #1 D in the NFC 2 weeks ago is no longer #1 because............?

Because WHAT was done to them..........? In their own building???????????? By whom???????

Just because GIBBS himself didn't draft the player (Springs), doesn't disregard the fact that he WAS a first round top 7 pick. So i don't know what the hell you mean by that.

Not to say whether Springs is or isn't a good player, but where a player was drafted doesn't guarantee anything. I'm sure you can make a list yourself of highly drafted players that weren't very good.

When you're talking bout one player being the reason that Moss, Stallworth, Brady, Welker, Maroney, (Watson possibly) going off, you aren't going to win. I don't care if Taylor is Superman, he can't shut down Moss in single coverage and even if he could, we have a few other options.

I believe that video shows Taylor out jumping him..........

Not to say whether Springs is or isn't a good player, but where a player was drafted doesn't guarantee anything. I'm sure you can make a list yourself of highly drafted players that weren't very good.

But Springs has played good during his time here (outside of him being injured last year) no?

In 04 Springs became the only CB to EVER record 5 int's and 6 sacks in one season, and still holds that record.....AS a redskin.

I guess you got all those top 7 picks by playing some mediocre football.

Yeah, we will see about that "vaunted" offense. You, me, Dan Synder, the Redskins, the whole world will see our "vaunted" offense this Sunday.

Kick back and enjoy your loss.

Then you can come by here and make your excuses about what could have been or would have been if only....

But Springs has played good during his time here (outside of him being injured last year) no?

In 04 Springs became the only CB to EVER record 5 int's and 6 sacks in one season, and still holds that record.....AS a redskin.

You still avoid the main question.

How's your TEAM depth? It's not whether your top 5-6 players on your team are the best vis a vis the league- - it's whether you have the best bottom 10 on your depth chart.

Your secondary is wonderful, no doubt.

But, I live here in Montgomery County Maryland, and the one thing that I'm struck by most is that Skins fans come off as fantasy Football owners. They are all about the 5-6 stars on their team. Growing up in NE in the 1970's, I always imagined that the Redskins fans were probably amongst the most knowledgeable (being NFC East, all the history, etc.).

Then I come down here, and it's all this weak baseball card stuff. Myth punctured.

I guess you got all those top 7 picks by playing some mediocre football.

Yeah, we will see about that "vaunted" offense. You, me, Dan Synder, the Redskins, the whole world will see our "vaunted" offense this Sunday.

Kick back and enjoy your loss.

Then you can come by here and make your excuses about what could have been or would have been if only....

I don't care if we lose, it's expected. And it's an AFC loss so it wouldn't affect us at all. I'm just saying that anything can happen in the NFL. Defense wins championships remember.

But a great offense always outdoes a great defense. So you guys will probably win. All I'm saying is that we will be your toughest test yet, in terms of defenses.

I think we will give you a great game. We've only allowed 5 passing TD's all year and haven't given up more than 24 points all season. Plus we only allow 14.7 ppg.

You guys won't put up 35 or 40 points on us like you did on all those other teams you played that have crappy defenses.

How's your TEAM depth? It's not whether your top 5-6 players on your team are the best vis a vis the league- - it's whether you have the best bottom 10 on your depth chart.

But, I live here in Montgomery County Maryland, and the one thing that I'm struck by most is that Skins fans come off as fantasy Football owners. They are all about the 5-6 stars on their team. Growing up in NE in the 1970's, I always imagined that the Redskins fans were probably amongst the most knowledgeable (being NFC East, all the history, etc.).

Then I come down here, and it's all this weak baseball card stuff. Myth punctured.

I lived in MC MD my whole life and just moved to Charlotte for college this year and the folks I knew down there were all pretty knowledgeable about the Skins. And our depth on defense is incredible.

After our 2 starting CB's in Springs and Rogers, we have Smoot, and Macklin both experienced starters. At safety we have Vernon Fox, and Pierson Prioleau both who have started. At the LB position, we have Khary Campbell, HB Blades and Randell Godfrey all who have played. And on the d-line we have young solid depth behind our starters. Our D is very deep. It's the O that doesn't have much depth.

So please don't question my knowledge about the team. I've been following them since I was 8. I bleed B&G.

Well i live here in Montgomery County as well..... Avenel... But that is neither here nor there....

I guess we can start with the line?? Backing up our two ends we have Demetric Evans and Chris Wilson An explosive rookie who showed great promise last game putting pressure on Warner several times. A Carter is leading the team with 5 sacks so far this season.

Moving on to the LBS... Middle LB London Fletcher is backed up by an explosive rookie out of PITT H.B Blades. He is a very quick and physical player. Backing up the OLB's we have Khary Campbell and Randall Godfrey(speaks for himself)

Backing up our starting corners we have Freddy SMOOOOOTT (who is good enough to start in most places), and David Macklin. And for good measure we threw in 3rd year player Leigh Torrence out of Stanford. It was said by Gregg Williams that Torrence has the fastest football speed he has ever seen.

To cap it all off behind our two killers we call safeties, Reed Doughty(2nd year ST standout) and Pierson Prioleau. And again for good measure we threw In Vernon Fox in case we really get into a bind.

Last edited:
Moss fears no one. If Taylor lines up on Moss, he'll just get more of the same. And if he hasn't noticed, Stallworth and Welker are prety good as well.

LOL just goes to show how little you know about football. I'm not even gonna argue with that ignorant ass statement you just made. sad....
Yeah, you are so much smarter. I never would have guessed that Taylor could cover Moss, Stallworth, Welker, Watson and Faulk all by himself.

Jeez, when a guy like you makes a stupid comment, and gets corrected, you would think he would at least have enough brains to stop for a minute and think, "Could I be wrong?" before embarrassing himself further.

At least your position in the NFCE won't be damaged by playing that Pats. The same fate that the Cowboys met, and you will suffer, will be meted out to the Eagles and Giants.

I guess you are our penance this week. Every week a handful of Joey-Porter wannabe morons come here to get their bragging in BEFORE the game. I'l give you credit for one thing: You are smart enough to know you won't be on this site after SUnday, so you must come here BEFORE you get beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back