PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Moss/TO fear sean taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

juice245

Banned
Reaction score
I was on a redskins forum and for the game coming up they were talking about Moss won't do squat in the game because both he and TO are scared of sean taylor. Comments like "Taylor will knock the crap out of moss when he goes deep" or "He'll take his head off". "Moss or TO never have good games against us because they are scared of taylor." I don't think either are scared of sean taylor, although they both have alligator armed passes against him but I've also seen them do that against other safeties. But I don't think they fear him. Here's the video the redskin fan posted. http://youtube.com/watch?v=gj0rEv6Gfk8

Moss and T.O have never had good games against Taylor. ST has always layed the wood on both of them and I remember in ST's 2004 rookie season he irked Moss so bad, that Moss left the game early. ST also injured T.O. and has pissed him off various times.

If that's not intimidation, I don't know what is.

Last edited:
Moss and T.O have never had good games against Taylor. ST has always layed the wood on both of them and I remember in ST's 2004 rookie season he irked Moss so bad, that Moss left the game early. ST also injured T.O. and has pissed him off various times.

Yeah, I like both players (T.O. AND Moss) But he does put it on them. But for some reason I don't think they are scared of him I just Think he knows how to play against him. Everybody has a team or player that just knows how to get the best of them.

Moss and T.O have never had good games against Taylor.
Taylor has only played 3 years before this one - those weren't exactly Moss' biggest years were they ? :rolleyes:

I don't think Moss is afraid of any defensive back, if they put Taylor on him, it will open up Welker and Stallworth, K. Brady or someone else. The more I watch Moss convinced he is one of the best of all time, I think Taylor might be more scared of Moss.

Sean Taylor is a great safety, who can rock a receiver, but it doesnt matter that much. Unless the Redskins can find four more Sean Taylors they wont even be able to slow down the Pats. And if Moss fears Taylor going into the game he will quicky be able to get over his fear. Brady wont set up Moss for a nasty hit.

I hope he doesn't kill anyone this week. Hard hitter

Any sane person would be scared of Sean Taylor. The guy is a freak, big as a Lb fleet as a cb and hits like a freight train. He's like a Roy Williams who can actually run and cover. If he ever got his head on straight (which he appears to have done this season after an awful 2006 season) he could be a top 5 defensive player in the NFL. One of Brady's many strengths is never leading his receivers into trouble (except poor Caldwell vs. Kaesviharn). So R. Moss will play with more confidence in his personal safety than if a knucklehead like Culpepper or K. Collins were hoisting up the ball.

Taylor won't be able to keep up with our offense-

He will be blowing chunks.

Taylor is over-rated and has been since he was drafted (figures he went to the skins) and he won't be able to catch Moss let alone Stallworth after they put the moves on him.

Fear?

If Randy had fear he wouldn't be the best WR in the game.

bunch o' beeotches!:violent:

Saw the video. He's a good player, but what's with all the clotheslining?

Good highlight reel. Say what you want, but you know he can't keep the Pats from putting up 30+ on Sunday.

saw the highlights, hes a good player, but the guy has an attitude, and u can tell...also a little dirty...

other then that...i think Moss will have no problems...none...

btw. im hoping for stallworth to deliver a nice stiff arm rit to his helmet and break for a TD just to show him and hte redskins fans up

Wasn't Randy Moss catching passes from guys like Aaron Brooks and Kerry Collins in that putrid Oakland defense? Are you SERIOUSLY making that direct kind of comparison? LOL! We are going to SMOKE you guys - and Moss gets at least one TD, probably two. What a ridiculous comparison to bring up - phony and weasely.

When you're talking bout one player being the reason that Moss, Stallworth, Brady, Welker, Maroney, (Watson possibly) going off, you aren't going to win. I don't care if Taylor is Superman, he can't shut down Moss in single coverage and even if he could, we have a few other options.

Moss will destroy him if given the opportunity. I don't see how that video proves anything with regard to whether or not he can cover Randy Moss (it's a nice video though). Moss caught a td vs. the Redskins in the 2004 game. I have no doubt he could catch 3 or 4 if given the chance on Sunday. However, I think the Pats will save him for the Colts game (just like they did before the Dallas game).

Taylor won't be able to keep up with our offense-

He will be blowing chunks.

Taylor is over-rated and has been since he was drafted (figures he went to the skins) and he won't be able to catch Moss let alone Stallworth after they put the moves on him.

Fear?

If Randy had fear he wouldn't be the best WR in the game.

bunch o' beeotches!:violent:

LOL just goes to show how little you know about football. I'm not even gonna argue with that ignorant ass statement you just made. sad....

The guy is still a safety though, right?

I don't see the NFL's premiere S (Ed Reed) shutting down Moss single handed, let alone Sean Taylor.

Champ Bailey might be able to do it - but there is a world of difference in the covering abilities of a premiere CB compared to a premiere S - even if he is good in coverage.

Maybe he is inside of TO's head.....but Randy Moss, I doubt it??

How many times have they met? Do you have any fact to back up your assertion at all?? Exactly what happened in Taylors rookie season and was that one of two meetings for them??

Didn't Moss make a great TD grab over Taylor in his last year with the Vikings?

edit: Yep here's a picture of it

51908931.jpg

Last edited:
I was on a redskins forum and for the game coming up they were talking about Moss won't do squat in the game because both he and TO are scared of sean taylor. Comments like "Taylor will knock the crap out of moss when he goes deep" or "He'll take his head off". "Moss or TO never have good games against us because they are scared of taylor." I don't think either are scared of sean taylor, although they both have alligator armed passes against him but I've also seen them do that against other safeties. But I don't think they fear him. Here's the video the redskin fan posted. http://youtube.com/watch?v=gj0rEv6Gfk8

Yes, and remember how Sports Illustrated last year famously ran the "Joey Porter is the only player in the NFL who actually scares Tom Brady".

How'd that work out for Joey yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes