PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Moss Really Matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddell1

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I for one am giddy waiting to see Moss catch a bomb from Brady. So dont get me wrong. But even if Moss were to be cut (from the rumors) or injured do you really think it matters?

Last years WR lineup in the first few games:
Cauldwell, T Brown, Gabriel, Gaff., CJ

This year W/O Moss:
Stalworth, Welker, Gaff, Washington

Brady is stacked any way you look at it.

YES!!!!!! :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Moss is special. Yeah, the rest of the receivers are good, but Moss is a superstar.

yes he matters hes the best receiver on the team.

I think we need Moss to get to the SB imo. He will open up the running game big time when he's playing.

I guess I should have stated that Brady would still be a top 5 QB in terms of stats even without him because of the other upgrades made.

There is not one defensive coordinator that would put single coverage on Moss regardless of his performance the last 2 years.

That threat alone makes him matter quite a bit. One guy occupying a cb and a safety is extremely valuable.

Last edited:
There's is not one defensive coordinator that would put single coverage on Moss regardless of his performance the last 2 years.

That threat alone makes him matter quite a bit. One guy occupying a cb and a safety is extremely valuable.

Good point! Guess that does change the scope of his value

I equate the need for a great player like Moss to my need for a certain kind of great beer.

At any moment my beer fridge is stocked with at least 1 of ..... Sleeman's Honey Brown Ale, Hoegaarden, Delerium, Fischer, Nethergate UM, Westvleteren and Kilkenney. With such a stock of great tasting beer I never question whether or not I need to also add Guinness to the menu ........ so yes, adding greatness to very good really does matter.

Moss always matters. At the very least, the opposing coaches must invest time preparing for the guy - time that could go elsewhere.

Yes, Moss WILL matter this year.

Are we still one of the best teams in the NFL without him? Yes. Are we better with him in the line-up? Yes. He matters.

Last edited:
I for one am giddy waiting to see Moss catch a bomb from Brady. So dont get me wrong. But even if Moss were to be cut (from the rumors) or injured do you really think it matters?

Last years WR lineup in the first few games:
Cauldwell, T Brown, Gabriel, Gaff., CJ

This year W/O Moss:
Stalworth, Welker, Gaff, Washington

Brady is stacked any way you look at it.

Ummm yes.......we want Moss on this...........good feeling about this ......I hate detours and slow music.......let me know what kind of deal you are looking after..........Go Pats............

I think he matters for the psychological impact he brings. DBs won't be able to help but look for him, teams will game plan around him and will not want to give him an inch.
What he gives the Pats is someone who will probably take full advantage of any blown coverage.

Yes. Those shower lines in the locker room can get long after the game so anytime one of the guys can get in a little early, it helps speed it up for the other guys after the game.

I love Moss, but he is not the one that makes this team go. That man is Tom Brady and he is the only one that matters.

I don't know if he is our most important WR, but he definitely helps. I personally agree that Welker could be the biggest difference maker on our WR corp because he is the most suited to match what Brady does best.

In madden, he's great.

How will he be when he gets 1 catch?

If he's a cool cat and sets the tone positively then Brady-Moss could be like Montana-Rice.

I love Moss, but he is not the one that makes this team go. That man is Tom Brady and he is the only one that matters.

Nobody is saying Moss makes the team go. And to act like one player is all that matters is foolish.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back