PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does it bother you when Colts fans...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That "speed bump" won the Super Bowl last year. There's no need to denigrate a great team just because their greatness coincides with the greatness of a better team. Just ask the Cowboys of the 70's, for example.

Stole the Superbowl.

If their greatness is based on rule changes aimed at their opponent, and bad officiating, I will never have a problem pointing it out.

They were winning 12 games in a season before the rules were changed. The changes have clearly benefited them, but they didn't suck without them.

Please go tell that to your friends over there. You know they all say it, you know because you've read it, over and over and over again.

Im not denying they say it, Im just saying its insane they do say that..

I'm a regular on Indystar.com. Believe me, they DO think it was a fluke because sooooo many starters... (Harrison) was out. They get angry when you point out all of the '04 injuries we had, and still beat them.

I read that board pretty regularly, just for laughs, and of course, you are correct.
Its also pretty funny to read their comments about the COY award going to BB. You would think BB killed someone....

Good point about Harrison not playing despite the reports of him practicing. It looks like he is trying to utilize BB's technique concerning injuries.. I wonder if it is a lot more serious than let on..

It is way more serious. On the indy star board, I read that Polian, on his weekly show, said he has talked twice with M. Harrison about retiring...no way he would have done that unless it was a serious injury.
And at this point, even if Harrison comes back, what kind of shape is he going to be in?

When they keep whining and talking about how we didn't really beat them this year because Harrison was out?!! I know I have heard enough about it. The Colts did get lucky until the last 9 mins of the game but!?!?!!

Sorry, had to vent

Yeh, the Colts got lucky. Everybody you don't like is lucky. The 2001 Pats were lucky according to the rest of the world in 2001.

No, it doesn't bother me that Indy fans remind us that the Colts were without a star receiver. What would you say if we had been missing Moss in that game, and you were faced with determining our chances against them later with Moss in the mix?

Piece of advice: Just admit the obvious and move on. They will be a stronger team now, and that's just a fact. What happened in the regular season is irrelevant. The regular season is totally, irrevocably, irrelevant, and that is simply the way it is, not an opinion.

You're problem is that you have thin skin and can't allow somebody to state the facts.

Colts Harrison is practicing as we speak. When Colts looses this time, their fans will not have any reason to btch any more.

01/20 ------> D day.

The Colts whining fans don't matter any more than the Patriots arrogant bandwagon fans who give our opponents no credit.

Fortunately for us, the management of our team couldn't have a much different attitude than the latter..

The Colts have done a tremendous job with the non-superstar players, especially on defense.

Great personnel job, great coaching and great team contributions by their players.

Colts Harrison is practicing as we speak. When Colts looses this time, their fans will not have any reason to btch any more.

01/20 ------> D day.

Reggie Wayne is now their #1 receiver. Harrison is not going to be the same again and could retire soon.

Eh, it is what it is...just like any fan base they're justifying a loss that could have been a W. The national media gave them an out from the get-go: I remember reading before the game even started that the Colts would be severely hampered by the loss of Harrison and a number of articles the next week talked of his absence as being a key to the game. Of course Colts fans are going to harp on that, and of course we Patriot fans would come right back with the awful officiating hurting the Patriots in that game (rightfully so, of course).

They're a better team with Harrison at full strength...whether he'll be at full strength--and whether any of that will matter if the Pats and Colts match up--is still to be seen. Best to ignore IndyStar, I see no reason to post on message boards of teams you're not a fan of.

When they keep whining and talking about how we didn't really beat them this year because Harrison was out?!! I know I have heard enough about it. The Colts did get lucky until the last 9 mins of the game but!?!?!!

Sorry, had to vent
I have to admit, most of the ones that I know 1st hand weren't and aren't making excuses. You can't fault any that are since the pundits already paved that way for them.

01/20 ------> D day.

No... they will still whin because Freeney is out this time!

Doesn't matter if he's back or not. Both he and Peyton will need more than a week or two of practice to get their timing down again. A decoy at best.

Doesn't matter if he's back or not. Both he and Peyton will need more than a week or two of practice to get their timing down again. A decoy at best.

I don't know about that. Harrison and Manning have been playing together for a million years. I think if Harrison really is healthy enough to play, then their timing will be just fine.

Of course if his knee is still slowing him down, that's a different story.

What about the Steelers not having Polamalu? A lot of NE points came off of safety mistakes.

Okay, maybe if the Pats' opponents don't have all of their 52 starters, they can re-schedule and play a different time? Would that work for you? You want us to kiss your booboo? and give you some ******' ice cream?

Jesus, we have one year, where for the most part, our primary starters stay healthy and people are crying about it not being fair.

And Polamalu was only having a bad hair day, he's not hurt. Why should he have to play at all? the victory was already guaranteed?

Last edited:
Speed bump??? There's a LOT of history behind the Colts' franchise, and they're the reigning champions of the NFL.

Yea, the Colts are the reigning champs, at least for the next several weeks. And it is very likely the Pats and Colts will meet again very soon. Peyton will have the added pressures of an away game, cold weather, and a Pats team that will be forced to watch last year's championship game over and over and over again..

Peyton does not handle a lot of pressure very well. I see him breaking like a potato chip. Look on the bright side, there'll be lots of great footage available for when he does the Southwest Airline's "Want To Get Away?" commercial.

Last edited:
Speed bump??? There's a LOT of history behind the Colts' franchise, and they're the reigning champions of the NFL.

We've got a real thinker with this one.

Which Colts? The real ones from Baltimore or the fake ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes