PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Dr. Z have an inside source with the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day....

Was this before the training camp report that he devoted to whining and moaning that the Pats wouldn't tell him what formations and personnel they planned to use in the coming season?

I think Dr. Z is somewhat friendly with Pioli. Don't remember where I read this.

That wasn't tough to predict - although getting Jeff Faine to the Browns correct was a good one.

to the best of my recollection...

R_T26 said:
iremember for some reason the patriots were sure to take a DT. there were 4-5 of them, and the rent-a-NT thing had become boring. teed w., rodney bailey, somebody even before them.
i remember hoping BB/SP would take jonathan sullivan, not ty warren. or even robertson. maybe i'd have felt different if i'd SEEN one of them play, but that's, like, too much effort. much easier to just run my mouth, as it were.
the geno wilson thing seemed like a great pick immediately. aa CB was needed bad. but nobody thought he'd wind up as a safety. when he was moved there (after the release of lawyer milloy?) it seemed at the time like a waste of a talented CB. but it was an emergency situation then.
IMO having him at safety is STILL a waste of a good CB. safeties are easier to find. if wilson was playing CB for us we probably wouldn't be talking about needing a shutdown CB. that's what wilson was supposed to be when he was drafted from Illinois.

Good guess on his part, but I distinctly recall only two Belichick drafts where many first round mocks were pretty accurate - 2001 and 2003. Dr Z wasn't the only one who predicted Warren.

The 2003 draft wasn't hard to predict. It was well known the Pats were looking for DL help and Warren was on my short list of players. The team was also looking to replace a weak secondary after the 2002 season and Wilson was also on my short list.

They failed to land a NT, but fortunately were able to trade a 4th for Ted Washington that summer. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back